Page 29 of 66 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
    See Attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by euroclie
    I've found this file (in the DSIO barcode scanner support page, and it mentions Treo 600/650 support), is it the file you're refering to?

YES.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Guys, I'm out of this one. this thread is moving way to fast, and not in a scientific manor at all for testing now. Let me know if you get it...

For clarification, this is the reason I originally was not going to post trial test files except to one person. This is out of hand now. This is my final post in regard to these drivers.
    Why are you giving up? Come on man..! You are very close to get it right. I know it gets frustrating some times when you are programming and you are very close, but still not there. I'm a programmer and sometimes I feel the same way. However, some fresh air and a good nap makes me feel better. Shadowmite. Something I still don't get is WHY don't you get a WiFi card and do the test yourself? It is crazy to think that you can do all the development in a sim and make other people test it. You need to have the WiFi card and a router 802.11b certified.
    Some people might be using a 802.11g and I know sometimes it just doesn't work. Also, make sure everybody who is testing to update their router firmware to the latest one.

A whole community counts on you Shadowmite. Don't let us down? For us you are a superhero and if you just go some of us will be very disappointed.

Al
    Guys, I'm out of this one. this thread is moving way to fast, and not in a scientific manor at all for testing now. Let me know if you get it...

For clarification, this is the reason I originally was not going to post trial test files except to one person. This is out of hand now. This is my final post in regard to these drivers.

Shadowmite: I have been a lurker on this thread since it is way beyond my skill set. I know there are many of us who are in awe of what you have been doing. Please please hang in there. Take a break, pursue it your way, whatever it takes, but please don't give up. After all, if we have to wait for palm.......well we all know it will never happen.

We truely appreciate it!
  5.    #565  
    I think ShadowMite is right that it's gotten far too complex with people installing all sorts of drivers and socket stuff all over the place and no one really having a clue as to what it making them get closer or further away.

I think we might need to step a back and reorganize things to try to figure out one set of files that seems to consistantly work. For this I'd recommend using the developer area of TreoCentral. People can put comments or kitty pledges in threads like this one, but it's far to difficult with the chaos that is going on. I suggest that if ShadowMite is still willing to work on it, everyone take a day or so off, and ShadowMite start a thread and set up a procedure that works for him. I think it's clear that this hinges on his skills. Heck most of you have shared email addresses by now, so you could take it off of TreoCentral, organize and then come back with something.

I think it's come far too far to just give up. I'm a developer as well, and I know that things often get the most chaotic, before becoming crystal clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by acajigas
    Why are you giving up? Come on man..! You are very close to get it right. I know it gets frustrating some times when you are programming and you are very close, but still not there.
    I think that shadowsmite is right in that he would like to stay focused. He started working on P1 drivers, but with all the "noise" about the Zodiac driver (which I'm partly responsible for, I admit), it's getting hard for him to pursue his initial goal if people start mixing files from everywhere...

Maybe splitting the thread and creating a new one to cover the progress made by people testing the Zodiac stuff would make sense, so that this thread stays focused on P1 drivers? Is this what you have in mind, shadowsmite?
    yes..this thread definately became frustatingly hard to follow..& everyone pulling hard...but the best coarse would likely be shadow & euro getting the neccessary equipt with TCers help & then going at it alone together @ their pace...or this will not be successful...
    u guys rock...havent had this kind of excitement ever on TC.
    I wish you guys the best of luck and no matter how this turns out everyone I'm sure appreciates all your efforts. Perhaps the mods can give you a locked/password protected section or start a new post and restrict all but the posters your specify so we can follow the excitement but but not interfere. I'm excited and I dont even have a phone yet. Good luck and happy hacking!!!
    Ok, I think I'm understanding this issue we are having now.
    First of all, this thread got out of had and I suggest we split it in two.

1. For developers and testers only (Read/Write) and everybody else gets (Read Only) access so we can follow the progress.

2. For People interested in the WiFi Drivers: Here anybody can ask questions or make suggestions or post whatever thing related to the WiFi drivers. Even developers and testers can hangout here.

Now selecting developers and testers could be as follow:
    -We already have 2 main developers Shodowmite and EuroClie anybody else who wants to get involved in the developement should PM the developers and they should decide if they can contribute or not. It would help if the developers get a Treo 650 and a WiFi Card.

-Testers should be picked by the developers and they should be picked as follow:
    .Must have a Treo 650
    .Must have a PalmOne SD Wifi Card
    .Must have a router 802.11b certified currently working with the latest firmaware installed.
    .Must be able to document all changes made in detail ( No messing around here testing is a serious matter)
    .Testers should not share any beta release with anybody.

I think this way we can get somewhere better instead of wasting the developers time with silly questions.

Finally, all the developers and the testers should get a voluntary contribution from all of us, which should be collected by TreoCentral.

What do you guys think?

Al
    I want to congratulate and thank shadowmite, euroclie, kenendru, and team. The read/write thing make lots of sense, as well as giving them the tools they need to do the job asap. However, the thrilling part is watching it unfold, hit a wall, regroup and, try again. the grandeur of the human spirit. A window into the creative process. etc.

We can't keep watching by being locked out in some way...and it may produce the WIFI driver. but it will not touch us as much as watching this happen live. Its not really about the driver anyway. Its about doing what can't be done and feeling a part of that and marveling as we watch. This is real hero stuff and it inspires and enriches us all.

iZ
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    I think we might need to step a back and reorganize things to try to figure out one set of files that seems to consistantly work. For this I'd recommend using the developer area of TreoCentral. People can put comments or kitty pledges in threads like this one, but it's far to difficult with the chaos that is going on. I suggest that if ShadowMite is still willing to work on it, everyone take a day or so off, and ShadowMite start a thread and set up a procedure that works for him. I think it's clear that this hinges on his skills. Heck most of you have shared email addresses by now, so you could take it off of TreoCentral, organize and then come back with something.

I think it's come far too far to just give up. I'm a developer as well, and I know that things often get the most chaotic, before becoming crystal clear.
    Seconded.

(Good call!)
    Quote Originally Posted by acajigas
    Now selecting developers and testers could be as follow:
    -We already have 2 main developers Shadowmite and EuroClie
    While I'm flattered to be included in the developer list I must point out the fact that its shadowmite who actually does the work. My role up to this point is merely throwing in a few suggestions here and there, and helping getting hold of the files from the installer! Beyond that, I can't do much, I'm afraid, although I'm always willing to try...

It would help if the developers get a Treo 650 and a WiFi Card.
    I think that shadowmite already has a Treo 650, and he'll probably soon get a WiFi card as well... As for me, a CDMA Treo 650 would be useless everywhere I go (I rarely travel to the US these days), so I'm going to have to wait a couple of months before I can buy a GSM version. By then, it's likely that the WiFi drivers will have either been released officially by PalmOne or been hacked by shadowmite!

Finally, all the developers and the testers should get a voluntary contribution from all of us, which should be collected by TreoCentral.
    As for me, I'm doing that for fun (I don't even have a serious need for WiFi drivers, even if I had already a Treo 650, but I won't deny the geek interest in this! ), so save your money to buy those cards if the driver can be made to work on the 650!
    Ok, grumble grumble, I'll post again... After testing myself, 3.1 sure enough works! Our testing minions weren't doing a very complete test afterall! My phone was able to find my home wifi link, talk to it via 104 bit wep key, and I am now trying to access the net. It's flakey as heck, but the card sees the link, and tries to access the net. It appears DNS does not work, and I'm trying to find ways to test it's functionality. I think the major issue remaining is the firmware update...
    Welcome back! We are all behind you...Once more unto the breach!...you seem to be getting closer...

iZ
    Anything more gear you need or anything we can do to support you?
    This topic really is great, and now it even has drama!

I bet it gets slashdotted soon...
    It appears DNS does not work, and I'm trying to find ways to test it's functionality. I think the major issue remaining is the firmware update...
    Congratulations! Did you try pinging from your Treo using a numerical IP address (using the Network Pref Panel ping capability in the Options -> View Log form) to see if that's just a DNS issue or if the connection isn't working at all?
    Actually no, I forgot all about the log screen... I'm going to do some serious testing and patching tomorrow. I'd imagine a lot of the patches I made that I assumed crashed the deivce might have worked... Looks like we REALLY need the firmware update somehow, and the net libs straightened out. After working once, after a reset, is insisted the phone had to be on rather than even trying the wifi connection...
    Get some sleep, it will still be there tomorrow... and so will we!
    Great job so far, I hope you can get it working since you put so much time and effort into make the wifi card work.