Page 27 of 66 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
    Ok tried a second time. I installed ALL of the files. After I hotsync it does not ask me to reset. After I select wifi setup it resets nad loops. Only a hard reset will work. Can someone tell me if I need ALL of those files or just certain ones. BTW If i do a soft reset after I hotsync it will reset and loop
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by euroclie
    OK, ls3mach, before changing anything, can you install a Backup program that works with the 650 (I know there's been a thread about this, though I didn't follow it and can't recommand any that works). That way you can keep an "image" of your device in an almost-working state, in case further evolutions of the situation brings you backward, and also maybe you can email that backup to other testers so that they can restore it on their 650 to have as similar a configuration as yours.

Also, you didn't answer one question in a previous message (yes, I know, too many messages, too fast, it all gets confusing! ) do you think that at some point in time, there's a chance that the Wifi Config utility or something else could have finaly run and updated your Wifi card firmware?

I would bet that something installed as, it required a reset. I notice things need a reset when it is a global install. I made a zip of my backup folder, but it would not let me upload it to this site. It said that the document contained no data. I will try again, if you dont see an attachment assume it didnt workl.

Lonzo
    Shadowmite: Would this work om a Treo 600? I have the Palm Wi-Fi card.
    ls3mach, in that file you posted, it's just the original installer, plus my patched wifipanel program... But you left the original one. People that are getting a reset need to make sure to ONLY install the patched wifipanel program most likely. But then again, maybe that was what was making it not work...

can you post that SDIO-sdsd file?

Dang it, I'm having to do real work, some guy can't get his OC3 working...
    Quote Originally Posted by vish0402
    Shadowmite: Would this work om a Treo 600? I have the Palm Wi-Fi card.
    I tried the vanilla P1 WiFi driver on my 600, it didn't work. I didn't try the shadowsmite-modified versions of the files, though, but I don't think it would work, somehow. OTOH, if you've got a good backup program, and time to lose...
    If I believe the rumour that SDIO slot is under powered, don't want to risk frying my Treo 600. No insurance sadly...otherwise would have tried it right now...
    Quote Originally Posted by euroclie
    What happens is that since the amdc resource is too big (>64KB) in the PM Net Library, P1 has split the amdc resource into three resources in the installer (l021, indeed), but I have built by hand a normal PM Net Library with the full amdc resource at the start of the .prc, and the other resources following. The problem is that such a file isn't transferable via hotsync of file copy anymore, so it'd be difficult to install on the 650.
    So has anyone else tried this file (about 134k) by copying it from an SD card using Filez or similar utility?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=495

-- S8C
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Shadow I thought what I did was install your working 3.1 and the stuff that Euroclie had sent me this morning.

Euroclie I tried it with that file you sent me, I saw no change.

Here is Slotdriver:sdio Apparently you cannot have : on a SD so it renamed it _.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I went to the Socket website and downloaded a driver prc file for a palm1 650 power sdio file I installed iton my 650 with the P1 Wifi card, and then I went and installed the tapwave drivers for wifi files, and I can use the tapwave program and the card turns completely on now. The socket file is for some kind of card scanner, but when I read the file it was for the 650 and turns power on for the sdio slot... So now when I connect to my offices linksys network i get a repeated "IP address acquired" but I cant see any networks.

I hope this helps.

Mark

PS My P1 wifi card stays lit, but I cant "see" any networks.
    Hey Shadowmite, here's the SlotDriver: SDIO-sdsd.prc file. You may have to rename it when it's on the Treo since Windows doesn't like ":" it the filename.

This is the T|T5's version. I'm not sure if the Treo needs a special version...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    Shadow I thought what I did was install your working 3.1 and the stuff that Euroclie had sent me this morning.

Euroclie I tried it with that file you sent me, I saw no change.

Here is Slotdriver:sdio Apparently you cannot have : on a SD so it renamed it _.
    Can you post only those files. I installed all of the other files that you posted but i get a reset loop.
    ls3mach, why is your slotdriver file smaller?
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark1107
    I went to the Socket website and downloaded a driver prc file for a palm1 650 power sdio file I installed iton my 650 with the P1 Wifi card, and then I went and installed the tapwave drivers for wifi files, and I can use the tapwave program and the card turns completely on now. The socket file is for some kind of card scanner, but when I read the file it was for the 650 and turns power on for the sdio slot... So now when I connect to my offices linksys network i get a repeated "IP address acquired" but I cant see any networks.

I hope this helps.

Mark

I can email the files i have, but I dont know how to upload them to this site does anyone want to give me their email address?
    I can email the files i have, but I dont know how to upload them to this site does anyone want to give me their email address?
    PM me, I'll upload them to my server.

I hope this helps.

Mark

Can you post a link to the file?
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Someone who can host, post an email addy and I will give you my backup folder.
    Sorry guys, I'm going to have to play catchup in a while... My job calls...

What is sounds like is ls3mach somehow got the sdio driver (or a old version of it) and got it worker with my patched wifipanel app to avoid the reset loop... Play with it...
    I can host. PM me for my e-mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    What is sounds like is ls3mach somehow got the sdio driver (or a old version of it) and got it worker with my patched wifipanel app to avoid the reset loop... Play with it...
    You can always try my version from the T|T5. I posted it (I think a page ago).
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa8Claws
    So has anyone else tried this file (about 134k) by copying it from an SD card using Filez or similar utility?
    Didn't try with your file (BTW, you forgot to change the file type and replace the "xibr" value by "libr"), but with mine (almost identical), and of course it worked with neither hotsync nor FileZ.