Page 24 of 66 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I wish I could remember what I installed to get this going. I could use some help. LOL
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Alright I got the screen shots working. The light flashes anytime I try to connect, it just will not find my connection. Also it has taken over vision.

Someone tell me some things to try, before I screw it up and lose the progress.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    more shots
    You know euroclie, a possibility we should consider is that this just is NOT going to work without that firmware update to the card. And the only way to get that might be to fix the installer to run completely... Maybe we could make a wrapper just for the update routines, but I was looking at them and it's not simple.......
    Quote Originally Posted by euroclie
    Worth a try indeed. I'd suggest starting a new thread for this, though, because otherwise we'll confuse people even more by mixing different drivers!

Let's keep on topic, this thread is about the T5 WiFi driver!
    I agree EuroClie. I have started a new thread under Treo 600 Hardware. Here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...577#post482577

Thanks for your great work on the Treo 650. Once you master the 650, it would be great if yourself, Shadowmite, Kenundrum and others who have helped here could help solve the 600. I strongly beleive that if Zodiak can do it so can the 600. I will continue to follow this thread also. Great work.
    ls3mach, could you explain how you were able to set the wifi to on and keep it that way? What files are you using?
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I just hard reset my router. I now pick up without seting default and linksys, I dont own a linksys router though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    I just hard reset my router. I now pick up without seting default and linksys, I dont own a linksys router though.
    hehe...that means there is a linksys WiFi router somewhere near you
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
    If you guys make a new f/w, please make sure to get rid of versamail and realplayer
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    You know euroclie, a possibility we should consider is that this just is NOT going to work without that firmware update to the card. And the only way to get that might be to fix the installer to run completely... Maybe we could make a wrapper just for the update routines, but I was looking at them and it's not simple.......
    Did anyone with a Wifi card try to (manually) run the Wifi Config application? Maybe this could start the Firmware update... (Don't think so, though). You'd have to uncheck the "Hidden" attribute of that application to be able to see it in the launcher, first. Use any good filemanager for that (FileZ does handle the hidden attribute, which is why it's a good filemanager! )

A backup solution would be to find someone with a T5 willing to let a fellow 650+WiFi user install the T5 Wifi driver on the T5, thus updating the WiFi card firmware. The added benefit would be also a chance to see (& grab) the files after the installation on the T5, too. It would be best performed on a "clean" T5 (after a hard reset) so that we do not mix the files with something else...

Anyone with a WiFi card can try to do that, maybe on a display T5 in a shop? You'd put the installer on your SD card, copy it to the T5 internal memory, put your WiFi card instead of the memory SD, and start the upgrade... Don't know if the salesmen would let you do that, though, so a friend willing to lend his T5 would be the best thing.

I know someone with a T5, I would ask him to participate (he was the guy who alerted me about the fact that the PIM databases were so big on his T5, resulting in the recent heated debate about NVFS everywhere... ) but neither he nor I have the Wifi SD card. And here in France the P1 Wifi card official price is around 170 US$, definitely too expensive to buy it just for a quick test!
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    If you guys make a new f/w, please make sure to get rid of versamail and realplayer
    Not for the treo, for the wifi card...

I don't think I'm going to do anything more until ls3mach cares to explain what he's found instead of just posting things that no one else can re-produce right now... It's pointless for me to wander in circles if something we've already done could be the key...
    The only FW we're dealing with, right now (or missing to deal with, actually), is the SD card builtin firmware, not the ROM or Treo FW! So don't hold your breath for a custom Treo 650 ROM!!!
    Shadowmite, in screenshot0005.jpg, shouldn't he fill in IP address and subnet mask. Then attach the Treo 650 to his computer so the router can find it. Then retry his connection. When I hooked up a Linksys game adapter, that is what I had to do before I could play online.
  14.    #474  
    Umm some of us like those two apps. At least they are better than the absense of them.

But to stick to the thead... If you can actually see networks and things of that nature, doesn't it mean that the wifi card is "working", at least to a small degree? I mean it's obviously picking up the wifi signals to get the presence of the networks.
    Quote Originally Posted by markls42
    Shadowmite, in screenshot0005.jpg, shouldn't he fill in IP address and subnet mask. Then attach the Treo 650 to his computer so the router can find it. Then retry his connection. When I hooked up a Linksys game adapter, that is what I had to do before I could play online.
    I don't know, don't think so though. Should be able to detect any broadcast ssid automatically and connect. I'm thinking for testing purposes the best bet will be for me to break down and go buy a wifi card at the local comp usa if they have any... The fact that it's starting to act differently from our simulators to the actual devices with cards means it's VERY hard to test... This is like a triple blind hack! (No source code, no resources, no hardware!)
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Shadowmite, PM I will try and tell you everything I can. I really dont know what I did to get it to stay put like that. I was jacking around with crap and voila. The light started flashing and whatnot. I got so excited I didnt document anything. Tell me what you want me to do and I will do it. I want everyone to be able to use this, not just me.

Sorry I upset you
    Lonzo
    Don't we have enough in the kitty to get both a card and a T5 to Shdowmite? The T5 can easily be returned, whether euroclie's idea works or not, we can cover any re-stocking fees from the fund and Shadow can keep the card. If Shadow wants to go out and just buy any of this stuff, I think I speak for most of us when I say we can guarantee him re-imbursement.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    It seems like the discovery is working, but I cannot make it actually connect. I had a green connection bar for a very very slight time. It is possible it doesnt work with my router. I will try to test it on another. I will wait for Shadow to tell me what to do before I go testing, that way others will be able to try aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    It ask for a reset after hotsync.
    Maybe this is where things started to act differently? Like, maybe the reset was required to initiate the FW update? Did you notice anything different (from an ordinary reset) after performing that reset?
    Send me the exact files that you are using and I will try it on my end with my linksys router