Page 22 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 1320
  1. #421  
    I dont think that the driver is powering the Sd slot due to the fact that it doesent think that its a valid Palmone card. When you try to turn on WiFi in the Prefs screen it gives the same unsupported palmone card error and switches the WiFi selection back to "no"
  2. #422  
    so then would the next step be getting it to recognize it as a valid card or fooling it into thinking it is a valid card by skipping the palmone card check?

    been following this thread since it appeared on gizmodo, amazing work everyone. i only know basic programming skills and i dont have a wifi card yet, so i dont know how much help i can be but if theres anything that requires neither of those things id be glad to help.
  3. #423  
    Ok, anyone ready to brave another test run? I fully expect this one to cause a reset loop eventually, but I'm hoping you might be able to get a window of chance to run the program... I simplified the process of it checking for a valid card... (It doesn't!)
    Attached Files Attached Files
  4. #424  
    ok here goes.....
  5. ls3mach's Avatar
    Posts
    659 Posts
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    #425  
    It ask for a reset after hotsync.
    When it restarts, it allows you to go into look for wifi hotspots. It doesnt find any. When I configure it manually it never finds the signal. When I go to pref and then wifi and try to turn it on, it doesnt recognize the card. Then I left it on that scren and it reset my device as I was typing this message. Basically it works about like the Fake did that euroclie had me install.

    I sent you a PM about one of my buddies, I am waiting to hear back from him, let me know what you think.

    EDIT, instead of the screen turning off it ressts.
  6. #426  
    Well I installed all files, soft reset and upon boot-up I get a network error " The network library is not available". I press ok. I go into WiFi setup. I no longer get the un-supported card but it still doesent see any network. I do have my ssid to broadcast and I have turned off wep enc and mac filtering. I did not get a reset loop

    Edit Same here, when I press the off button it will reset the device
  7. #427  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Ok, anyone ready to brave another test run? I fully expect this one to cause a reset loop eventually, but I'm hoping you might be able to get a window of chance to run the program... I simplified the process of it checking for a valid card... (It doesn't!)
    Choosing Network in the prefs section now results in: The network library is not available. Also I'm seeing a soft reset every 1 minute or so.

    Adam
  8. #428  
    Does the wifi light come on ever at any time? (On the card?)

    If your friend wants to help out, just point him toward this thread. We welcome new ideas and input... This project is way to big for any one of us...
  9. #429  
    light does not come on
  10. #430  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Does the wifi light come on ever at any time? (On the card?)

    If your friend wants to help out, just point him toward this thread. We welcome new ideas and input... This project is way to big for any one of us...
    why doesn't shadowmite have a wifi card yet? It would make things MUCH quicker and easier. Can we arrange this from some of the pledged funds?
  11. ls3mach's Avatar
    Posts
    659 Posts
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    #431  
    At first I thought I did not have a wifi light, now I am convinced my wifi light doesnt work.
  12. spotter's Avatar
    Posts
    316 Posts
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    #432  
    for some reason it feels like we are going about this backwards. i.e. trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

    why not figure out how the palm driver works, how one would integrate it into the palm os environment, and then just create a round shim that fits in the whole and can call out into the square peg.

    i.e. how NSDI Wrappers on linux works to use of network drivers companies make for windows.
  13. #433  
    Im gonna have to do a hard reset. My 650 is re-setting every minute or so on its own
  14. #434  
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoad
    for some reason it feels like we are going about this backwards. i.e. trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

    why not figure out how the palm driver works, how one would integrate it into the palm os environment, and then just create a round shim that fits in the whole and can call out into the square peg.

    i.e. how NSDI Wrappers on linux works to use of network drivers companies make for windows.
    But the palm driver is already written. We simply do not have source code to it. So we are attempting to find out what keeps it from working on devices other than it was intended for. It you have the skill to map out every single call and write a wrapper to emulate it be my guest! That's beyond my intent for this project...
  15. #435  
    Hey euroclie, can you run a hexcompare on this file to your custom patched one? This is straight off the 650...
    Attached Files Attached Files
  16. #436  
    ok....gotta run out for a while....will check back later
  17. #437  
    guyswhats not fair is the fact palm should be paying us for this work..... lol
    G-d bless us all.....
  18. #438  
    Hey guys,

    Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this. It appears that it's turning out to be a much larger project than anticipated. Please don't feel pressured by all the enthusiasm and fund raising going on here. Shadowmite already did us a huge favor with the Bluetooth DUN patch. I hope you are only working on this because you enjoy the challenge and are not doing it because you now feel pressure from the forum members. I think this driver may be a little too much to ask for considering you are working blindly without the resources available to a PalmOne developer. For me, I hate doing things when I feel pressured to do them.

    Regards,
    Nate
  19. #439  
    Quote Originally Posted by nswenson
    Hey guys,

    Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this. It appears that it's turning out to be a much larger project than anticipated. Please don't feel pressured by all the enthusiasm and fund raising going on here. Shadowmite already did us a huge favor with the Bluetooth DUN patch. I hope you are only working on this because you enjoy the challenge and are not doing it because you now feel pressure from the forum members. I think this driver may be a little too much to ask for considering you are working blindly without the resources available to a PalmOne developer. For me, I hate doing things when I feel pressured to do them.

    Regards,
    Nate
    I highly doubt any of these guys would be working this hard unless they were truly interested in it. Shadowmite doesn't strike me as the type who succumbs to pressure...
  20. #440  
    I feel the pressure of checking this site every 5 minutes...

Posting Permissions