Page 21 of 66 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    Shadow:

I'm going to CompUSA to find the wifi card. If they have two, I'll FedEx 1 to you.
    In the discussion about the Net Library, I looked into the Zodiac WiFi driver and it looks like some kind of arm code stub for OS function calls?

Maybe this could be useful?
    Attached Files Attached Files
  3. ewm
    For what it's worth, Zodiac has released its version of Wi-Fi drivers for the Sandisk (w/no memory) and PalmOne cards. The driver installs on a Treo 600, but asks for the card in "slot 2". If I *had* a card, I'd give it a try....

Follow the links from http://news.designtechnica.com/article6040.html

Saw this originnaly on Engadet (via http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000267022457/
    )
    Last edited by ewm; 12/03/2004 at 08:16 AM. Reason: fix typo
  4.    #404  
    I think this thread might be starting to get a little big. Zodiac wifi drivers were mentioned around page 8 I think. I'm fairly sure that if they are helpful to EuroClie and ShadowMite they've already dissected them.
    i'm not hotsyncing the files to the phone, i'm using an sd card reader to take the directory and while on the phone i'm using resco explorer to copy into the ram, and then i just run the wifi config... i thought that would limit problems caused by large files not syncing...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    EWM: Re: "Zodiac wi-fi drivers now available!" I am still a Treo 600 user and I am interested in the possibility of Wi-fi on my 600, but I recommend starting a new thread under Treo 600 Hardware. I am sure they have noted your info, but if it is further talked about on this thread, I think that there will begin to be too much info for these guys to wade through evertime they want to try anything new. Keep up the good work.
    Quote Originally Posted by morrisonmuscle
    EWM: Re: "Zodiac wi-fi drivers now available!" I am still a Treo 600 user and I am interested in the possibility of Wi-fi on my 600, but I recommend starting a new thread under Treo 600 Hardware. I am sure they have noted your info, but if it is further talked about on this thread, I think that there will begin to be too much info for these guys to wade through evertime they want to try anything new. Keep up the good work.
    Wi-fi is not possible on the 600. The SDIO circuitry is underpowered, and will not drive the SD card regardless of what drivers are used. Please do a search, and you will find copious threads on the subject.
    Doug
    Quote Originally Posted by euroclie
    Isn't that the call to load the netl library instead, at offset 0x1530 in the code (0x1a3a in the file)? The call to NETs (the NetServ library) is a bit further in the code (0x1568)...
    Yea, it could be, I was going off memory and not actually looking at it when I wrote that... I'm just getting started again this morning, let me take a look at what's happening now...
  9.    #409  
    Quote Originally Posted by fmertz
    Wi-fi is not possible on the 600. The SDIO circuitry is underpowered, and will not drive the SD card regardless of what drivers are used. Please do a search, and you will find copious threads on the subject.
    Please understand that this is not proven and/or stated anywhere other than TreoCentral with any kind of certainty. If there is a link that proves otherwise I would be enthralled to see it (PM me with a new thread in the Treo 600 hardware forum or something). Sorry for this off-topic post.
    Great work guys! Amazing thread! I read the whole thing in one sitting...

Count me in for 10$
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    Wow, this thread is something else. Euroclie, shadowmite, kenundrum; I tip my hat to you guys. If i was not a college student I would give a few bucks, but instead I am offering my Thanks and a Good luck!

Timmay
    But not too poor to afford a Treo 650!

j/k

If this is successful, I'll be down to pony up $10.
    No more jokes.

Simply thank you Shadow. You are a blessing.

Mark

who was joking? was totally serious...
    Anyone have the zodiac 1.1 update file they can post? I wonder if we're beating a dead horse... That zodiac driver appears to have problem loading a net library also, I wonder if it's the same one... Can someone with a card try this patch?
    • File Type: zip d2.zip (113.1 KB, 128 views)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Anyone have the zodiac 1.1 update file they can post?
    Here ya go
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Just tried on a hard reset. It required a reset. Then it did a reset loop.

Also get with euroclie he has something to say I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    Just tried on a hard reset. It required a reset. Then it did a reset loop.

Also get with euroclie he has something to say I think.
    Thanks, that's what I thought it would do... Basically both drivers are acting the same... Some null referenced net library...
    Back from my real job.... I can help out in the testing process with a P1 WiFi card
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    i'm not hotsyncing the files to the phone, i'm using an sd card reader to take the directory and while on the phone i'm using resco explorer to copy into the ram, and then i just run the wifi config... i thought that would limit problems caused by large files not syncing...
    Nope...

I didn't even try to hotsync the file with the big resource, as I know this has failed in the past, but copying it using FileZ doesn't work, it gives an error message. I've met a few situations in the past where some files wouldn't accept to be copied or deleted, and in some case using applications which have a file handling capapability but are not primarily file managers could overcome the problem (like using PowerRun to transfer some file), I'll have a look at this again if I can't find another way.

Thanks for mentioning this anyway! Also, while we're talking about installation of those files, I suspect that the installer might perform a reset at some point, so maybe it would be interesting to see if performing a soft reset after installing the files and before launching anything WiFi-related can help...
    Quote Originally Posted by euroclie
    Nope...

so maybe it would be interesting to see if performing a soft reset after installing the files and before launching anything WiFi-related can help...
    I did this last night with the 3.1 after I bought the card but still had no luck. BTW I am hotsycing all files and am seeing the same errors as the others.
    Is Kenundrum STILL on the train? :P