Page 19 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Just a question: I noticed on the palm web page that there is a different card for the t5 . Are you using the T5 wifi card or the regular wifi card? Could that be the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijiman
    Just a question: I noticed on the palm web page that there is a different card for the t5 . Are you using the T5 wifi card or the regular wifi card? Could that be the problem?
    Where'd you see that? I see this:

http://store.palmone.com/product/ind...170719.1254470
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
    I know i'm definitely using the card designed for the tungsten t5
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Here:

http://www.palmone.com/us/products/h...en-t5/wifi.epl

oops, that link is for the actual T5. Sorry about that guys and gals.
    Last edited by Mijiman; 12/02/2004 at 06:58 PM. Reason: oops didn't read!!
    Ok, I'm home now, and once I get some dinner cooking and find some good TV I'll continue my efforts... I honestly didn't expect 3.1 to work, and was slightly suprised when kenundrum contacted me and said it worked! We have many more tricks to go, despite running excessively low on redvines and diet pepsi... Hmm, where'd I put that chainsaw?

So, I'll have another trial ready in a while... Thanks and stay tuned!
    Quote Originally Posted by edeab220

This is the one I just bought from CompUSA for $119

It doesn't fit into the slot like a regular sd card, it sorta just slides in and out without that familiar "click" I just press it all the way down.
    The main change from 3 to 3.1 was a BEQ (Branch if equal) was changed to BRA (Branch). Thus was a routine that crashed a non-recognised card condition. We simply bybassed it. There is most likely another at the pref menu. This first one was in the WifiPanel program...

Another potential reason it's not working is we have not yet loaded the replacement firmware this patch came with... I need to look into the firmware updating program and see if we can make it run without the installer...
    I don't think the T5 has it's own card. It has a page designed for the T5 and the card that you get to through the Tungsten branchs of the drop-down menu, but when you click on "Purchase the Wi-Fi Card by palmOne" from that page, it takes you to the generic palm Wifi card page that edeab220 linked to.
    according to the web page, it's the same card.

http://store.palmone.com/product/ind...170719.1254470

COMPATIBLE WITH:
    palmOne™ Tungsten™ T3 Handheld
    palmOne™ Tungsten™ T5 Handheld
    palmOne™ Zire™ 72 Handheld
    Quote Originally Posted by vetie
    This is the one I just bought from CompUSA for $119

It doesn't fit into the slot like a regular sd card, it sorta just slides in and out without that familiar "click" I just press it all the way down.
    that's the one, however you can make it click, but you need to give it alittle tug to yank it out a half mm or so and it will disengage the spring so you dont overuse it... it's also annoying if you dont engage it right and when you put an sd memory card in there, it pops out cause the spring is returning to the out position...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Just a side note, shadowmite: in the 3.1 driver bundle, you have included the Brazilian overlay for the WifiSetup application. It cannot hurt, of course, but I'm sure you didn't really mean to leave that file here!
    it actually seemed early on that if all the localizations werent there it cause unexpected crashes... i dont know if now that we've got it stable it's safe to remove the localizations that you dont need

i'm back in my office, so i'll try it on a virgin 650

-edit-
    nevermind, it's answered below, i realized that the localizations are already taken out...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    Quote Originally Posted by euroclie
    Just a side note, shadowmite: in the 3.1 driver bundle, you have included the Brazilian overlay for the WifiSetup application. It cannot hurt, of course, but I'm sure you didn't really mean to leave that file here!
    Well, I was thinking of changing my language...

Thanks for catching it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    that's the one, however you can make it click, but you need to give it alittle tug to yank it out a half mm or so and it will disengage the spring so you dont overuse it... it's also annoying if you dont engage it right and when you put an sd memory card in there, it pops out cause the spring is returning to the out position...
    You're just pulling it out after using it? nooo! Take it out like any other SD card, press it and it shall bounce out. Don't want to damage your SD card slot, do ya? .
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
    hyperdummy here - you guys can make the world turn backwards.

listen: does your progress mean that

- P1 enabled the phone with wifi, but tries to hide it? Which means that they have the card and driver ready, but didnt announce it yet?

- you are discovering something that even P1 may not know about yet?

Thanks for giving it a quick thought.
    In my haste to jump in with the testing, I realize that I may have bought an SD card that will never work in the 650? I just got it at CompUSA on sale for $69. Should I return it or hang onto it for a little while?
    Quote Originally Posted by beelzebueb
    hyperdummy here - you guys can make the world turn backwards.

listen: does your progress mean that

- P1 enabled the phone with wifi, but tries to hide it? Which means that they have the card and driver ready, but didnt announce it yet?

- you are discovering something that even P1 may not know about yet?

Thanks for giving it a quick thought.
    I think it is more like: a) PalmSource provided a basic framework for wifi support in the PalmOS, including setup screens and such and b) I'm guessing P1 never went any further on the T650 than simply disabling these screens in the T650 ROM and c) the drivers are probably mostly talking to the Palm OS, relatively little dependence on which device that OS is implemented on.
    un real - Just read all 19 pages for the first time- Even this lurker needs to post-- I'm in for $5.00
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Just read pages 8-19 (gosh, can't a guy work an 8 hour day without missing all the excitement?)...very exciting and promising. Keep up the good work everyone. Wish I could help in some way, but I'm just an ignorant consumer who uses the thing without knowing a dang thing about how it works.
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
    Ok guys, I'm getting pretty bad... My redvines and diet pepsi stash is almost gone... Need supplies.......

On the otherhand, here is v4.0 to try... It might crash some units again, but then again it might just work... Let me know....
    Attached Files Attached Files