Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    guys, give me a few minutes, my limo is dropping me off at the train station and as soon as i'm aboard I will download and test.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    guys, give me a few minutes, my limo is dropping me off at the train station and as soon as i'm aboard I will download and test.
    Who mentions the limo they are riding in inside a post? Honestly?
    So the "WiFiPanel.c, Line:4850, Can't init WiFi driver config" error in the sim is almost certainly what is crashing your 650's now... hmm...

euroclie, I'll take a look and see if it can be spliced together. But if there is a checksum procedure, I might not be able to...
    Check your PM, shadowsmite, there's a full PM Net Library waiting for you there...

Don't know if I got it right, I had to hack a bit because there's no tool to quickly add such a resource to a .prc file (I suspect PilRC should be able to do that, but it's way too late for me to try learning how it works! )

Edit: there's no checksum involved since this files doesn't have any overlay, so it should be all right even if the order in which the resource are stored isn't exactly the initial order. For simplicity's sake I just added the amdc resource at the end of the file, I hope it works OK, didn't have the time to do any more tests...
  5.    #305  
    Slightly off topic: Kenundrum, I take it you are around Boston from your Red Sox comment. Did you happen to find a the Palm wifi card in a store? If you did, I might give a serious shot at getting it tonight. It might be helpful to have a few people available for testing as long as Shadowmite no longer seems to care to keep the tests private until successful (which is reasonable if he does).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmstrong
    I have to offer a huge THANKS! to everyone on this thread.
    I'll second that!

I love watching grass roots problem solving.
    What's more amazing than this being "grass roots" is that these guys are doing it without all the necessary resources. They're essentially flying blind, but somehow are finding their way to the destination!

Kudos!

Note: I also think it's time to "stick" this thread.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    Slightly off topic: Kenundrum, I take it you are around Boston from your Red Sox comment. Did you happen to find a the Palm wifi card in a store? If you did, I might give a serious shot at getting it tonight. It might be helpful to have a few people available for testing as long as Shadowmite no longer seems to care to keep the tests private until successful (which is reasonable if he does).
    I know they have a P1 WiFi card here in Syracuse at CompUSA. I will be getting one tonight or tomorrow to help out in the testing.
  8.    #308  
    Quote Originally Posted by vetie
    I know they have a P1 WiFi card here in Syracuse at CompUSA. I will be getting one tonight or tomorrow to help out in the testing.
    Thanks there's a CompUSA about a block from my work that I'll pick up on the way home. I didn't see it on the website, so I figured it wouldn't be in the actual store. I'll give it a go though, especially if there's no restocking fee over the holidays.
    Man, I truely wish I could help! I have the WiFi card, but no Treo 650.

Honestly, this is amazing. You know, today Tapwave released the WiFi driver for their products for BOTH the palmOne WiFi card and the Sandisk WiFi card. Isn't there any way for you guys to change whatever code palmOne put in the driver that checks for the palmOne WiFi card? Both the Sandisk and palmOne WiFi card use the same chipset, so I'm sure it's possible.
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
    Funny that this thread was just made sticky when it was the already top of the list for days on end.

309 posts and 15k views in 3 days!!
    i'm actually in providence and take trips to boston a lot. this week I was in NYC, anyway what I did was just go to a compusa and pick it up, I did the whole online reserving for pickup and they had it waiting for me in the front. my test right now shows that it launches the wifi config, tells me the sd card is not a supported palmone card and then soft resets. looks like the phone works fine afterwards which I better than the reset loop I was getting before. where can I get something to log what actually is happening on the phone to send back? i've got 2 hours to kill with the ride home and this is more entertaining and productive than anyting else I can think of.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
  12.    #312  
    Quote Originally Posted by edeab220
    Man, I truely wish I could help! I have the WiFi card, but no Treo 650.

Honestly, this is amazing. You know, today Tapwave released the WiFi driver for their products for BOTH the palmOne WiFi card and the Sandisk WiFi card. Isn't there any way for you guys to change whatever code palmOne put in the driver that checks for the palmOne WiFi card? Both the Sandisk and palmOne WiFi card use the same chipset, so I'm sure it's possible.
    My theory is just to make one of them (the easier of them) to work first. I think if it did work on the Wifi card, there'd be demand for one to work on SanDisk one that has on board memory. Whether developers want to work to extend the stuff to try to meet that demand is up to them.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    TC members in the Greater LA area:

palmOne Retail Store Century City

West Los Angeles, CA 310.277.3211 / send email

Address
    Westfield Shoppingtown
    Century City
    10250 Santa Monica Blvd.
    West Los Angeles, CA 90067 Hours
    M-F: 10:00am - 9:00pm
    Sat: 10:00am - 9:00pm
    Sun: 11:00am - 6:00pm
    Where to Find Us in the Mall
    Located opposite Banana Republic Men, Dooney & Bourke and opposite Restoration Hardware.

Retail price : 129.00
    # In stock: 223

I hope I am not getting gouged, but I am so excited...
    I will go buy one and test it in one hour.
  14.    #314  
    For those having trouble finding it at CompUSA online as I did:

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...6319&pfp=srch1

It's $120 and probably available in most locations so we don't turn the thread into a "you can get wifi at place [x]" for a couple of pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    Where can I get something to log what actually is happening on the phone to send back?
    You can try to install "Crash", which lets you log the cause of the last crash. Doesn't work if you have to hard reset after the crash, but otherwise a great debug/beta test tool!

Crash home page
    My first time posting (after being a longtime lurker) was to put in $. I have gotten absolutely nothing done since this thread started! I's like a computer-"soap opera". Every time I get a spare minute, I check it. You guys are doing a great job, I hope you get it!!
    Ok, kenundrum, try adding this file to those above and try it again...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by euroclie
    OK, now I think I know why the amdc resource isn't included in the PM Net Library: it's because it's larger than 64Kb, so it wouldn't be possible to transfer that file via hotsync if it contained such big a resource. (how could I miss such an obvious problem! )

shadowsmite, do you happen to know how to build such a resource programatically? I suppose that's what the installer does (part of it, at least): re-create the complete library file by merging the fragments. I must confess that I don't know how to do that, unfortunately.
    OK, so I've managed to produce a "full" PM Net Library file, but of course now it's impossible to hotsync it to the device (or simulator, FWIW), and you can't even use a file manager to copy it in RAM... <sigh>

Does anyone here know how to handle files with big resources? (> 64KB)

Pretty please...
    Heh... euroclie, I tried too... I'm not certain that resource is needed, but it might come down to figuring that out... Anyway, here's try #3... Any takers!? Should still crash I think on 650's with no card... But hopefully it'll now see the card for kenundrum (here's hoping)...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I wonder if the mods a marcus are glued to this thread like we are (& SV for that matter)? not telling my wife about it...she wouldn't understand... & I only have a 600 & no real use for wifi. u go dawg!