Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565 ... LastLast
    Hot Damn!
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Ok, I NEED A TESTER! WOOHOO!!!
    So cool...my wife has chained me down to keep me from running out to find a card!
    Is it wrong that I look at this thread twice a minute?
    Quote Originally Posted by handtruck
    Is it wrong that I look at this thread twice a minute?
    Yes, it is. I would think that four times a minute is better.
    Ok, methinks I have to go get a card NOW!!!
    Hey, thanks for being willing to do this. Since a TC moderator has offered TC's services on this it would probably be good to set it up like the original bluetooth bounty was. Thus people could feel free to donate to the fund, but if we don't suceed they get it back... I do thank you for the offer of help though...
    You should be paid regardless if it works or not.
    Damn, I downloaded that file sooooo fast!
    Anyone willing to test this driver WITH OR WITHOUT a wifi card please BACKUP EVERYTHING, PRAY, and proceed to download the file I've attached at the top of this page in the thread (15)... Let us know...
    Anyone willing to test this driver WITH OR WITHOUT a wifi card please BACKUP EVERYTHING, PRAY, and proceed to download the file I've attached at the top of this page in the thread (15)... Let us know...
    Backing up now...will test in a minute!!!
    I assume I install all files?
    Hey euroclie, did you have any files during the naming procedure that you didn't feel were right? Maybe one of them still has the wrong type? Or name?
    There was a WiFiNPPI.prc file with its overlays. The type for this file was nppi, which isn't a very common type.

The SsiCmdBarIcons file is uncommon as well, with a DATA type, but it's a resource file (containing bitmaps with the signal quality, for instance...). Most of the DATA type files I know (AddressDB, for instance) are .pdb databases with records, not .prc files with resources.

The two firmware databases come to mind as well since they are actual .pdb (records) databases. But they load fine on the Treo 600 device, and on the 650 simulator...

The SP3WLAN.prc file seems to be at the heart of the driver, i.e. I think it's one of the place where the actual technical stuff happens (unlike pref panels of setup tools which are just the human-machine interface for configuration).
    Likewise, the Prism3SlotDriver.prc file is dealing with the card input/output, I think, while SP3MLAN is probably the stack itself.

SCardIntf.prc is where the Wifi SD card firmware update gets done, and is probably called by the WifiConfig application (hidden file, by the way). Those files are only used during install, IMHO.

PMNet Library is strange. This library is a very small file, and I remember seeing messages about Network Library problems when using the simulator with the driver installed. Namely, after installing the wifi stuff, I couldn't display the network panel anymore. This is one potential trouble maker, that and the "Fake Net Library"... I don't understand enough to try to guess how those work with each other.

That's all I can think of at the moment, and it's only wild, bind guesses...

Oh, no, wait a moment. There's a strange resource (l021) in the T5 Wifi Package bundle, with no normal database header. I thought that it was some kind of library used to install the other files, but a second look shows that it's more like a "amdc" ARM code resource, and it happens that the PM Net Library is probably missing its "amdc" resource, as it only contains an "amdd", "amdi" and "tver" resources (plus an additional "tAIN" one), when the other libs have usually "amdc"+"amdd"+"amdi"+"tver".

I wonder what would happen if I was to add this amdc resource to the PN Net Library...

I'll PM you the resulting file.
    Some folks are just plain gifted....
    Quote Originally Posted by euroclie
    There was a WiFiNPPI.prc file with its overlays. The type for this file was nppi, which isn't a very common type.

The SsiCmdBarIcons file is uncommon as well, with a DATA type, but it's a resource file (containing bitmaps with the signal quality, for instance...). Most of the DATA type files I know (AddressDB, for instance) are .pdb databases with records, not .prc files with resources.

The SP3WLAN.prc file seems to be at the heart of the driver, i.e. I think it's one of the place where the actual technical stuff happens (unlike pref panels of setup tools which are just the human-machine interface for configuration).
    Likewise, the Prism3SlotDriver.prc file is dealing with the card input/output, I think, while SP3MLAN is probably the stack itself.

SCardIntf.prc is where the Wifi SD card firmware update gets done, and is probably called by the WifiConfig application (hidden file, by the way). Those files are only used during install, IMHO.

Oh, no, wait a moment. There's a strange resource (l021) in the T5 Wifi Package bundle, with no normal database header. I thought that it was some kind of library used to install the other files, but a second look shows that it's more like a "amdc" ARM code resource, and it happens that the PM Net Library is probably missing its "amdc" resource, as it only contains an "amdd", "amdi" and "tver" resources (plus an additional "tAIN" one), when the other libs have usually "amdc"+"amdd"+"amdi"+"tver".
    Well, duh.
    I get a "the card in the sd card slot is not a supported wi fi card" error with an empty slot then a crash.

Check out the new signal bars in the phone screen though

I get the same message and crash when selecting wi-fi from the prefs menu.

i did try with the phone on and off. With the files on my device I am unable to connect to vision.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ok installed all files in the zip at the top of this thread. Reset my 650 and when I try to select wiFi setup, it states that the wifi card is not a palm one card. After I press the ok button my 650 does a soft reset. It does not loop. The only thing that I can see is my signal bar in the phone app is lookin very strange.

edit: same error as dutchtrumpet. Same signal bars as well
    Quote Originally Posted by euroclie
    I wonder what would happen if I was to add this amdc resource to the PN Net Library...
    OK, now I think I know why the amdc resource isn't included in the PM Net Library: it's because it's larger than 64Kb, so it wouldn't be possible to transfer that file via hotsync if it contained such big a resource. (how could I miss such an obvious problem! )

shadowsmite, do you happen to know how to build such a resource programatically? I suppose that's what the installer does (part of it, at least): re-create the complete library file by merging the fragments. I must confess that I don't know how to do that, unfortunately.
  17.    #298  
    Anyone with the wifi card around to test? Seems like it might have at least somewhat passed the initial stage. Although it probably shouldn't crash if it can't find a wifi card.
    Awesome, I'm glad the constant reset cycle is gone now. I didn't expect that attempt to be flawless, but I'd like to see what it does for someone with a card now... 2 of the major files euroclie has mentioned I removed in this test attempt. We will slowly step threw everything and find out what the problem is. That Mergic VPN stuff we don't need since palm released VPN drivers to us already...
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    You know what?

This is slightly off topic, but, I have to offer a huge THANKS! to everyone on this thread. My eyeballs have been glued to it since, say yesterday and I'm like a little kid again. And I don't even have a 650 yet.

I love watching grass roots problem solving. This is just been fun, reguardless if you guys find a solution or not.

Many, Many thanks!

Brian