Page 14 of 66 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464 ... LastLast
  1.    #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Would it be worthwhile to try it with the phone off?
    I assumed it was tried with the phone part off.
    WHOA!!! Wow, you guys are amazing!! Simply incredible work...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    Nope, I'm just an *****. It is NOT frowned upon. Firefox didn't seem to load it right away at first, and then it did. Odd, I've never had an issue with Firefox before. It is very nice though.

(I wonder if calling myself an ***** is grounds for the mods banning me based on a personal attack. JK)
    LOL...
    I don't think its Mozilla though. I saw it as soon as I loaded the page and I'm using Camino on OSX (Camino is the OSX variant of Mozilla).

Mozilla ROCKS!!

Now let's get back on topic...
  4.    #264  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragan
    LOL...
    I don't think its Mozilla though. I saw it as soon as I loaded the page and I'm using Camino on OSX (Camino is the OSX variant of Mozilla).

Mozilla ROCKS!!

Now let's get back on topic...
    Nope it's not, I've been using Mozilla since version 0.7, not Firefox .7, but Mozilla 0.7. You'll find no bigger fan.
    ok first off- can we get off the problem with the picture being posted? it's not the place to discuss this... second off- to the meat of the matter

i have treo 600s that i can try this on but i seriously doubt the driver will work... i can do this tomorrow morning at the earliest...

previously i had tried it with the phone mode on and off (yesterday). the test i did today was with the phone off, and i will keep the phone off in future tests because it keeps one more variable out of the equation...

i repeated the test with the wifi card out and it still causes a soft reset loop. it seems like there is no way to stop it without a hard reset...
    i'm available until 4:45 eastern to do more testing
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    I'll donate my 600 to research -- just send me files.
    Quote Originally Posted by euroclie
    Stay tuned!
    OK, I've copied the files on my 600, and, as expected, it doesn't work.

If I copy all the files at once, I have the VPN and the WiFi pref panels, but not the WiFi Setup icon in the launcher. If I install files more progressively, I can have the WiFi Setup application show in the launcher...

Whenever the WiFi pref panel or the WiFi Setup application is launched, I get a reset loop which requires a hard reset to exit from. The VPN pref panel appears to work fine (at least as fine as on the 650 simulator...).

http://euroclie.free.fr/mtdn/wifi600.jpg
    http://euroclie.free.fr/mtdn/wifi600p.jpg

I didn't expect it to work on the 600 anyway, but it would have been a pity not to try!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    ok first off- can we get off the problem with the picture being posted? it's not the place to discuss this...
    Agreed. My apologies... Maybe we can start a developers thread for this topic?
    Quote Originally Posted by euroclie
    I didn't expect it to work on the 600 anyway, but it would have been a pity not to try!
    Exactly, thanks.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Quite a bit of progress has been made. I am going to go to Compusa and see if they have any cards in stock. I will return later and be able to test drivers.

I have spoke with Shadowmite, he has agreed to let me collect funds and forward it to him, Clie and Kunundrum. He said he wanted to keep himself "lowkey", and did not really want his paypal addy online. I will let him vouch for this statement aswell as give him time to rethink me collecting instead of TC, after he gives the ok I will post my address. We are well over $700.

Goodluck guys.
    Lonzo
    i repeated the test with the wifi card out and it still causes a soft reset loop. it seems like there is no way to stop it without a hard reset...
    OK, well this shows that work needs to be done before we even bring the wifi card into the picture, so anyone willing with a 650 can help with this, I suppose.

BTW, I'm good for $5. Not much, but every bit helps.
    repeated the test with the wifi card out and it still causes a soft reset loop. it seems like there is no way to stop it without a hard reset...
    This is a good thing, it means I can troubleshoot this with my 650 as is, no card needed. It looks like the simulator tries to load a null or otherwise "wierd" library at reset or program launch. The simulator can ignore the problem, but the real device resets which causes it to happen again and again. Most likely this is a file that exists in the T5 rom but not the 650 etc... The interesting part is I can't get this to run at ALL on the T5 sim!
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    Quite a bit of progress has been made. I am going to go to Compusa and see if they have any cards in stock. I will return later and be able to test drivers.

I have spoke with Shadowmite, he has agreed to let me collect funds and forward it to him, Clie and Kunundrum. He said he wanted to keep himself "lowkey", and did not really want his paypal addy online. I will let him vouch for this statement aswell as give him time to rethink me collecting instead of TC, after he gives the ok I will post my address. We are well over $700.

Goodluck guys.
    Lonzo
    My first inclination would be to let TC hold the funds, but I can see why that would make him antsy if he wants to stay low key. Just let us know
    Hey euroclie, did you have any files during the naming procedure that you didn't feel were right? Maybe one of them still has the wrong type? Or name?
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach

Goodluck guys.
    Lonzo
    Hey, thanks for being willing to do this. Since a TC moderator has offered TC's services on this it would probably be good to set it up like the original bluetooth bounty was. Thus people could feel free to donate to the fund, but if we don't suceed they get it back... I do thank you for the offer of help though...
    Think I'm on to something... Got the missing library errors to go away in the sim 5.2...
    You should be able to do a System Reset rather than a full Hard Reset.

There are 3 types of resets:
    1. Soft Reset - use sylist to press reset
    2. System Reset - hold down the 'up' direction on d-pad and push reset. Keep holding the up until the PalmOne circle logo appears, then let off to continue. This option disables any add-on drivers during start-up.
    3. Hard Reset - hold "phone off" button and select reset. Hold "phone off" until palm circle logo appears then let off.

Try the second option, where you can make changes to allow a normal startup.
    Nate.
    Quote Originally Posted by nswenson
    You should be able to do a System Reset rather than a full Hard Reset.

There are 3 types of resets:
    1. Soft Reset - use sylist to press reset
    2. System Reset - hold down the 'up' direction on d-pad and push reset. Keep holding the up until the PalmOne circle logo appears, then let off to continue. This mod disables any add-on drivers during start-up.
    3. Hard Reset - hold "phone off" button and select reset. Hold "phone off" until palm circle logo appears then let off.

Try the second option,
    Nate.
    I bet he knows that
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I bet he knows that
    He only mentions "soft reset" when he's trying to get out of the startup loop.
    Ok, I NEED A TESTER! WOOHOO!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files