Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363 ... LastLast
    still w/600..but definately pulling for shadow....much excitement.
    u go dawg!
  2.    #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by euroclie
    Even if the driver was working OK, I don't think that we could test the power issue on the simulator anyway!
    I think the idea was to test if the driver worked on the simulator, then it would likely work in the Treo 600 if power wasn't an issue. As you discovered though, the driver won't work on the simulator, so there's probably no point in trying it on the 600.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    I think the idea was to test if the driver worked on the simulator, then it would likely work in the Treo 600 if power wasn't an issue. As you discovered though, the driver won't work on the simulator, so there's probably no point in trying it on the 600.

Yea, not that dumb . Thanks for trying and I'm still excited to see if y'all get it work on the 650. Good luck and great job so far.
    I'm in for $10. Could Treo Central please set up a donation link?

Thank,
    Nate
    Just to add more hype to this already hot thread, I've done some work with the 650 simulator. Plenty of screenshots, bundled in a big animated gif...

Now, ladies and gentlemen, for your viewing pleasure, here is what the Wifi driver and apps will look like on the Treo 650, either if shadowsmite can get it work, or when PalmOne releases the Treo 650 version of those drivers they have been promising us during the RoadShows:

Now you lucky 650 owners, start drooling:

http://euroclie.free.fr/mtdn/wifi650.gif

Disclaimer: as you can see from the animation, there are some error messages about unrecognized card. This was to be expected since the simulator doesn't simulate the Wifi SD card, but we might get the same error message on the actual 650, I don't know...
    Also, there are a few alert boxes shown by the simulator (i.e. windows error messages which appear in a popup window on top of the simulator, and which, once dismissed, don't cause the simulator to crash) once the wifi driver is installed, I have absolutely no idea how this would look like on the actual device: nothing at all, a PalmOS alert box (unlikely IMHO), a freeze or crash (most likely, I'd say)... We'll only know for sure when someone tests the files on an actual 650 device with the Wifi SD card... (suspense is killing me as well! )
    ok, i tested this under the gun on my personal device while travelling- i realized how much attention this is getting and i dont want you guys to wait... unfortunately... the solution is much closer but still is not 100%.
    the wifi config utility shows up and all the programs are in place- but tapping the program causes a soft reset loop on a freshly hard reset device. so there is some more testing we need to do. i will be back in my home office tomorrow and i will test the files on a few differently configured 650s, but so far no luck. we are definitely making progress because this time yesterday the phone wouldn't even show the wifi config... this one's for the boston fans-
    Keep the faith
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
  7.    #247  
    I don't think you can embed images like that:

I can see it fine in his post...
  9.    #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragan
    I can see it fine in his post...
    Eh, mine didn't load the first time, but maybe I didn't have the patience.
    You mean that embedding images directly in the forum thread with the img tag is frowned upon, right?

If that's the case, I'll edit my post to put a link (with the url tag, as you did) instead of the picture itself...

Too bad, because it works really well, and I worked hard to make the animation small (less than 300k!)
    I think Kenundrum's response means someone should try these files on their 650 without the wifi card. It looks like it might have reset regardless of the presence of an actual card. Having people try it might expedite whatever issue is causing Kenun's resets.

I don't have a 650 (waiting for GSM), but I would help out if I could.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    i will be back in my home office tomorrow and i will test the files on a few differently configured 650s, but so far no luck. we are definitely making progress because this time yesterday the phone wouldn't even show the wifi config... this one's for the boston fans-
    Keep the faith
    Can we wait until tomorrow? Does anyone else have a card available? I'll even pick one up on a trial basis if that'll help things along.
    well i can try again without the wifi card plugged in...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    You mean that embedding images directly in the forum thread with the img tag is frowned upon, right?
    No I think he just didn't think it would work technically...

Eh, mine didn't load the first time, but maybe I didn't have the patience.
    I think you should leave it for now. If it's frowned upon a mod will surely politely let you know. They're real good about that...
    Kenundrum, go ahead and try that... The sim shows it resets fine without the card... But I'm wondering if we have a conflicting net driver... I'll email you a few variations later to try...
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I'm in for $25
    I didn't say that it doesn't work on the emulator, just that there are at least a few problems. They might or might not appear on the actual device...

Anyone here brave enough to test on his/her beloved Treo 600?

No one?

Come on...

OK, I'll do it, then!

Just let me perform another backup (I expect a hard reset at some point... <sigh>) and I'll load the stuff on my 600.

Stay tuned!
    Wow
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  19.    #259  

If that's the case, I'll edit my post to put a link (with the url tag, as you did) instead of the picture itself...

Too bad, because it works really well, and I worked hard to make the animation small (less than 300k!)
    Nope, I'm just an *****. It is NOT frowned upon. Firefox didn't seem to load it right away at first, and then it did. Odd, I've never had an issue with Firefox before. It is very nice though.

(I wonder if calling myself an ***** is grounds for the mods banning me based on a personal attack. JK)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    well i can try again without the wifi card plugged in...
    Would it be worthwhile to try it with the phone off?