Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262 ... LastLast
    We are waiting for kenundrum still, haven't heard anything from him. Today after work I can look into buying a wifi card if I can find one... But the sim is able to fully run the program, setup connections, wep keys, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    The next step after this is to see if we can get blazer to blaze with the WiFi. Some other T|Cer's have found away to do Reverse Bluetooth DUN But they only way to use it is to turn off the phone on the Treo. And once they turn off the phone they cannot use Blazer. Sooo we need to "fix" blazer or get a different browser.

Timmay
    Next steps? I'd rather not be THAT optimistic until we actually have a working driver. (Once we do, I'm off to CompUSA to get my card).
    This is unbelievable . If this is successful, I wonder what P1's response to all this is going to be.....
    Quote Originally Posted by LewisL77
    This is unbelievable. If this is successful, I wonder what P1's response to all this is going to be.....
    They'll probably hire Shadowmite to prevent him from doing these kinds of things again...
    Count me in for $10. I've got my eye on a WiFi card already.....
    This is the BEST thread EVER on TreoCentral!

When Shadowmite gets this running we should make a HUGE dael about it and get this guy some real $$$ due to his fame!!!
  7.    #227  
    Quote Originally Posted by stokar
    This is the BEST thread EVER on TreoCentral!
    Hopefully it makes up for the other 60 million really bad ones I start.
    Oh Man!!!!

I can't wait.
    i m in for $10 too
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Now now, remember to give euroclie his share of the fame for pushing this is the right direction... I might have gotten here eventually, but he accelerated us grately. And don't forget kenundrum for his testing help and making us all wait in anticipation!
    Just curious, have you tried the program in the 600 simulator? If it were to load (and actually work with the card), be interesting to test the "not enough power theory".
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carter437
    Just curious, have you tried the program in the 600 simulator? If it were to load (and actually work with the card), be interesting to test the "not enough power theory".
    I was wondering the same thing! What would happen if you put a WiFi card in the T600 and it required more power than the socket would deliver. Would there be some type error message or would it just lock up...what would happen? And, would it actually harm the T600 to try it?

I don't have a problem buying a WiFi card and trying it in my T600 for testing as long as I knew it would not harm the phone physically. I could return the WiFi card. Anyone got any ideas?
    Nokia 6340i-->T600-->MPx220-->Imate SP5
    Cingular GSM, Northeast Georgia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by neilk2350
    for 20 but how do i pay?

We have not collected funds yet; that will be done per Shadow's direction.

Don't worry - someone will let you know :-)
    We will pitch in $300 for a working driver (we can also host the fund collection).
  15.    #235  
    I'm guessing there are a few differences (like the memory management) that might prevent it from working. That's just a rough stab though. ShadowMite would better know.
    The cat is gettig fat...

$395 thus far....and I agree with bmac...not likely done...the kitty just keeps growing.

Shadow, Euroclie, and Kenny shall have their due.

Fan-freaking-tastic.

C'mon lurkers...pony up. ;-)
  17.    #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus
    We will pitch in $300 for a working driver (we can also host the fund collection).
    Welcome to that party. I was wondering when it would reach the status of the Bluetooth fund.
    Quote Originally Posted by gacajun
    I was wondering the same thing! What would happen if you put a WiFi card in the T600 and it required more power than the socket would deliver. Would there be some type error message or would it just lock up...what would happen? And, would it actually harm the T600 to try it?

I don't have a problem buying a WiFi card and trying it in my T600 for testing as long as I knew it would not harm the phone physically. I could return the WiFi card. Anyone got any ideas?
    I'm sure someone will try it assuming the drivers will load in the 600. Great job shadowmite and euroclie. I'm not upgrading to the 650 but its still a blast following this thread.
    Wasn't there a "kitty" for this on the 600 a few months back? I think there was something like $3K pledged from this site for a working driver to someone who developed it.
    The files load OK, but there's no Wifi Setup icon in the launcher, even though the Wifi and VPN preference panels seems to work OK. That being said, after a few minutes, the simulators acts as if the device had been switched off, and I couldn't switch it on again... Odds are that this wouldn't work on the actual 600 either.

Even if the driver was working OK, I don't think that we could test the power issue on the simulator anyway!