Page 10 of 66 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 1320
  1. #181  
    Am I confused here, but wasn't the 650 originally advertised as being WiFi compatible?
  2. #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by dohdave
    Am I confused here, but wasn't the 650 originally advertised as being WiFi compatible?
    Yes and NO. It could work with the PalmOne WiFi card if drivers are written for the 650.

    Al
  3. #183  
    If it relies on code in the ROM can you just duplicate the same code in an installable prc or will it not be at the appropriate address or something?

    Certainly could be legal issues with redistributing ROM code

    I've not worked on firmware / hardware code - can you step into it to see what it's doing or is it a black box?
  4. #184  
    I'm ln for $5. stunning and thrilling...to watch this be co created.

    Imagine a world where people do only what they are born to do.
    where every task calls to those with the perfect right fit burning solution
    and likeminded and like hearted groups that grok the same are all drawn
    to a singular white hot victory moment

    iZ
  5. #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by ideawizard2
    I'm ln for $5. stunning and thrilling...to watch this be co created.

    Imagine a world where people do only what they are born to do.
    where every task calls to those with the perfect right fit burning solution
    and likeminded and like hearted groups that grok the same are all drawn
    to a singular white hot victory moment

    iZ
    huh
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
  6. #186  
    I wish I had some money to donate to you

    Oh well , I will donate my support , thats all I got

    Good luck on getting the drivers to work

    If possible , I hope it works on all PalmOne Models which has SD/IO such as Tungsten T..I got it, but there is no WiFi Card which supports it
  7. #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by dohdave
    Am I confused here, but wasn't the 650 originally advertised as being WiFi compatible?
    No, but the 600 was.
  8. #188  
    I'd love to see Wifi drivers for the 650 - even if I don't have an urgent need for those, since I'm waiting for the GSM 650 to be released first.

    Count me in with $10 if that can help!

    Great job anyway, even if it should not succeed in the end!
  9. #189  
    I'm not sure if you have a T5 in hand yet shadow, but the only help I can give this section is to order the T5 through Best Buy, and get it at a discount, then ship it off.

    We don't carry them in store, so I have no idea off the top of my head what the employee cost would be on the unit. It would get ordered, then I would have to ship it.

    If that was the case the $$ would go for the device, and then it would be yours. Price online is $379.99. This doesn't include an employee discount, but to use that, I have to order it a different way.

    Let me know if it comes down to needing the T5
  10. #190  
    An update: user euroclie has helped tremendously by thinking outside the box. Rather than trying to brute force our way threw the installer program, he simply manually re-contructed what it would do. The result is a set of files that appear to WORK on the 5.2 rom simulator! I've sent them off to Kenundrum for testing.

    Big thanks to euroclie!
  11. #191  
    I don't believe it, I think it's gonna work. The 650 sim runs the program completely yet simply doesn't see a valid palm wifi card. It tries to search for networks... If I had a wifi card this might be done now! We'll have to wait for kenundrum to verify and problems etc, but thanks to euroclie I think this is going to happen now. I hate it when I forget to think about a problem in much more simple ways...
  12. #192  
    Keep up the good work guys, i'll be following this all day long
  13. #193  
    That's amazing news.
    Fingers crossed!

    Good job Shadowmite and Euroclie!
  14. #194  
    Also, it appears to link itself to the prefs menu properly, this is really looking positive now. The biggest question is the firmware issues...
  15. #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    I don't believe it, I think it's gonna work. The 650 sim runs the program completely yet simply doesn't see a valid palm wifi card. It tries to search for networks... If I had a wifi card this might be done now! We'll have to wait for kenundrum to verify and problems etc, but thanks to euroclie I think this is going to happen now. I hate it when I forget to think about a problem in much more simple ways...

    Well done !
  16. #196  
    Go shadowmite!!! I wish you were a member here a year ago.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  17. 1SFG's Avatar
    Posts
    191 Posts
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    #197  
    someone here posted (fairly recently) a picture of a PalmOne (or it may have been Sprint) advertising brochure where they state the 650 would support Wifi. Believe the poster proposed some sort of lawsuit in the title. Then again, someone provided a link to a Sprint site that lists, among the description of components for the 650, an enhanced 1.2 megapixel camera...

    Quote Originally Posted by dohdave
    Am I confused here, but wasn't the 650 originally advertised as being WiFi compatible?
    1st SFG (A)

    if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
  18. #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    An update: user euroclie has helped tremendously by thinking outside the box. Rather than trying to brute force our way threw the installer program, he simply manually re-contructed what it would do. The result is a set of files that appear to WORK on the 5.2 rom simulator! I've sent them off to Kenundrum for testing.

    Big thanks to euroclie!
    Will we have money enough to get euroclie a wifi card too????

    Count me in for $5
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

    Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  19. #199  
    I plegded $5 before, I'm in for another $5 bucks. Whoever is updating the cash pot, please update my pledge to $10 bucks.
  20. #200  
    Dang, I have a conference call in 15 minutes. Knowing it's so close, how am I supposed to concentrate. Go Shadow Go !

Posting Permissions