1.    #1  
    I have a strange work schedule, and I carry a copy of my work schedule in my wallet. Ideally I would like to have my work schedule on my palm, but I don't want to add every day, and I always work the same hours, so I don't actually want to put work in the schedule anyway, but I would like the days I work to show up in the month view of the calendar a different color. I have enclosed a picture of what I am talking about. I tried DateBK5, and that almost worked, but I got sick of it taking over my phone button on my 650.

Any help would be appreciated. As far as what I want, a small hack might even do this....... I would be willing to pay.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    I think Datebk5 now has a version with the phone btn fixed (could be wrong, though). You can find the latest in a yahoo group (do a yahoo groups search foe datebk5)
    Quote Originally Posted by skydivewags
    I have a strange work schedule, and I carry a copy of my work schedule in my wallet. Ideally I would like to have my work schedule on my palm, but I don't want to add every day, and I always work the same hours, so I don't actually want to put work in the schedule anyway, but I would like the days I work to show up in the month view of the calendar a different color. I have enclosed a picture of what I am talking about. I tried DateBK5, and that almost worked, but I got sick of it taking over my phone button on my 650.

Any help would be appreciated. As far as what I want, a small hack might even do this....... I would be willing to pay.
    That would be a very cool feature... I have had to put my schedule in an Excell Sheet and store it in Docs to Go which isn't that real time effecient...
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    I have Beyond Contacts from Dataviz (same company that makes Docs to Go) and it has a color option where you can set the color for each appointment...in your case your work schedule. Go to www.dataviz.com and look at their website, examples are shown there.
    Nokia 6340i-->T600-->MPx220-->Imate SP5
    Cingular GSM, Northeast Georgia, USA
  5.    #5  
    I checked out Beyond Contacts, maybe it will work, but what I want to do is so basic, I think these programs go way "Beyond" what I want. I don't even want anything to show up in my schedule at all, I just want to change the color of the days I work. If the day is red, it's a work day, that's all I need. And I would actually prefer not to have anything in my schedule for work, as that would show up as there being an event for the day, and I don't want that....... Still looking.......
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    PictCalender [sic] will let you change days from blue to red. It will also let you add pictures; also links to the built in datebook or whatever datebook is mapped to the 1st or 2d button. Use babelfish or excite to translate:

http://homepage2.nifty.com/tanoh/palm/piCL/
  7.    #7  
    Damn, I'm picky, that looks like another program I found, can't remember the name right now. I don't want to add photos, just want the background for individual days a different color. I had no success with a translator, but it looks like that program just makes the weekdays, and weekend days different, do you know if it lets you choose individual days to change color?
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    DateBk5 does shade selected days of the week, but only in 'month' view. Don't know if this meets your needs, but maybe better than nothing?

Wrote that before looking at your image - don't see a way to do this unless it is the same days each week. But, agree that it would be a handy feature.
    RJuhl
    Quote Originally Posted by skydivewags
    Damn, I'm picky, that looks like another program I found, can't remember the name right now. I don't want to add photos, just want the background for individual days a different color. I had no success with a translator, but it looks like that program just makes the weekdays, and weekend days different, do you know if it lets you choose individual days to change color?
    You're probably thinking of Pendragon Calendar which is shareware/commercial ($?). I think you can continue to use it without (custom) pictures after expiration. Don't remember about coloring days though.

Yes, PictCalendar (freeware) does allow you to change the colors. (Menu-> Commands-> Change Mode). The illustration is just an example. Beware that the pdb does not survive a hard reset so use a backup utility or change the backup bit (or else all the colors revert to the default).
  10.    #10  
    I did a search for PictCalendar, and found nothing, do you have a link?
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    See post #6
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by pochaco
    See post #6
    OK, I have to stick to being involved in fewer threads at a time, I'm loosing my mind.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags