1.    #1  
    Okay folks!

I have now joined the proud community of Treo 650 owners! I will be selling my 600 (Verizon version) soon. I actually switched to Sprint for serveral reasons and the 650 being a big one!

Being a newbie on Sprint, with a new 650, I have questions:

I bought the $15 data plan. If I leave my connection on, is that okay? Meaning the arrows stay gray unless I need to use it. But I will still get calls, right? In the Verizon world I ended up with a $1200+ bill! That won't happen here... on Sprint??

I will be running Chatter, Agile Messenger, and Blazer... will this kill my battery? I plan on charging once a day, at least.

Thats it for now. Any comments will be apprecieated.

PS -Thinking aloud:
    Need to get a case, a car charger, second charger for home... hmm... bluetooth USB for computer... for car too... hmm...
    don't forget your bt headset!

oh, you can leave your connection on 24/7. if you've got the $15 data plan, it's unlimited for that price (with certain restrictions regarding gigabyte usage). but don't worry unless you're streaming all day and night. have fun!!!!
  3.    #3  
    Yes, I will also be getting a BT headset! Thanks for the reminder.

I can't believe the price difference here... $15 for no-nonsense web access!
    yeah, sprint definitely has the deal on web service. quick too!
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    arrow must be grey to recieve calls
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Somewhat off-topic, noticed you mentioning accessories you're planning on buying - I'm thinking of getting one of the combo wall/car chargers, ought to be great for traveling...
    Quote Originally Posted by meonline
    Okay folks!

I have now joined the proud community of Treo 650 owners! I will be selling my 600 (Verizon version) soon. I actually switched to Sprint for serveral reasons and the 650 being a big one!

Being a newbie on Sprint, with a new 650, I have questions:

I bought the $15 data plan. If I leave my connection on, is that okay? Meaning the arrows stay gray unless I need to use it. But I will still get calls, right? In the Verizon world I ended up with a $1200+ bill! That won't happen here... on Sprint??

I will be running Chatter, Agile Messenger, and Blazer... will this kill my battery? I plan on charging once a day, at least.

Thats it for now. Any comments will be apprecieated.

PS -Thinking aloud:
    Need to get a case, a car charger, second charger for home... hmm... bluetooth USB for computer... for car too... hmm...
    If you got the $15 vision unlimited plan, you never have to disconnect. For one, it never is truly connected as "always on". It often disconnects for various reasons such as signal strength, etc. I never ever disconnect.

Welcome to the team.

Eric