View Poll Results: How many Treo 650 Replacements have you had?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • One

13 72.22%
  • Two

3 16.67%
  • Three

0 0%
  • Four or more

2 11.11%
  1.    #1  
    I am in the process of having my Treo 650 Replaced because it shipped with the Bluetooth Radio Defective.

I am curious to know over the course of the product life, how many replacements will you have.

Please be sure to tell why you have replaced the 650.
    Last edited by jfmcdowell357; 11/29/2004 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Adding a option
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Sending one back for a defective keypad, one of the buttons needed alot of pressure to work.
    DJ
    Where's the none option?
  4.    #4  
    Well I didn't think one was appropriate. But Mr. Moderator can you add a none option for us.....
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    sent one back with squishy keys on the left side of the keyboard.
    Wouldn't recognize SD card. New one does. (Yay!)
    mine is going back because the phone powers off on it's own, then you need to remove battery, soft reset and pray phone comes back on....new one on it's way
    going back- my bluetooth doesn't work with my vehicle.
    Going back... people on the other end cant hear me on the phone.. or I should say that they hear me but I break up all of the time.
    defective keys
    Mine is working great. Add one vote to the none column when it is available. Actually you can add two votes since my husband has one and his is also great. Neither of us has tried the Bluetooth though. I don't find that a particularly useful feature. Never once used it on my T3. Wi-Fi far better.
    Quote Originally Posted by stringbeanie
    Mine is working great. Add one vote to the none column when it is available. Actually you can add two votes since my husband has one and his is also great. Neither of us has tried the Bluetooth though. I don't find that a particularly useful feature. Never once used it on my T3. Wi-Fi far better.
    You got wi-fi to work???
    Quote Originally Posted by plong
    Wouldn't recognize SD card. New one does. (Yay!)
    Yikes! Now the new one doesn't recognize the SD card. Hmmm... maybe it's the card. I guess I better buy another card tomorrow or see if anyone at work has one I can try.
    Mine had a dead pixel. New one also has a dead one, but it seems much smaller and out of the way (barely noticeable and only on perfectly black screen this time). I will deal with this one until later and return it on a later revision.
    Gregg G. - New Orleans, LA
    Treo 700p on Sprint
    A colleague is returning his, dead earpiece in the handset. Headset and BT work fine though, so he can use it until the replacement arrives.
    Quote Originally Posted by plong
    Yikes! Now the new one doesn't recognize the SD card. Hmmm... maybe it's the card. I guess I better buy another card tomorrow or see if anyone at work has one I can try.
    Turns out that it was a bad install. Rather than use the converted info from my previous PDA account (an m505), I created a new account and moved stuff over by hand. Don't know exactly what broke it, though.
  17.    #17  
    This is all very interesting.
    My replacement unit is flawless. Let's see how long this lasts