1.    #1  
    i was fiddling today trying to see if I could get my 650 to show the number of email messages in Snapper in the phone display page (rather than the mail in Versamail).

Every time I set Snapper to be the default app in prefs for email, I get a soft reset...

Anybody else having the same issue?
    I hate it when somebody has a cooler
    toy than me...
    not seeing that, then again i dont have a 650.

as fot the gettin the number of emails, snapper fish has requested the info on how to provide that number. as of a couple of days ago, no responce from palmone.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I just tried it with no problem. I also have the Seven beta running, which is mapped to the e-mail hard button and receives pushed e-mail. Snapper and Seven seem to coexist just fine. I don't regularly use Versamail, though I did set it up and test it. I did not configure Versamail, however, to do any scheduled fetches, while Snappermail is fetching on a schedule.
    I used Versa Mail for a few days and today switched back to Snapper. I have it configured to work with email button and set up as default mail app. I have not had any resets.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I too have Snapper 2.1.0.01 installed. I would like the email icon to appear on my home page when I have new messages so, I tried set it as my default email app:
    1. I went into Prefs
    2. Selected "Default apps" in the "General" section and hit the drop list next to "Email"

Unfortunately the only app listed was VersaMail. Any ideas how to fix this?
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by jnjewlz
    I too have Snapper 2.1.0.01 installed. I would like the email icon to appear on my home page when I have new messages so, I tried set it as my default email app:
    1. I went into Prefs
    2. Selected "Default apps" in the "General" section and hit the drop list next to "Email"

Unfortunately the only app listed was VersaMail. Any ideas how to fix this?
    I am running Snapper 2.1.0.01 as well, the Premier Edition because I wanted SD card support. I was unable to see snapper in the default mail apps list when I ran it in trial mode. I also ran it from the SD card using ZLauncher in trial mode. Once I purchased the app I installed it in memory. I've done a soft reset or two since then as well. I am now able to select snapper as my default app.

So far no resets from setting snapper to default mail app.

-Sam
    Treo 700p on Sprint
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbutter21
    I am running Snapper 2.1.0.01 as well, the Premier Edition because I wanted SD card support. I was unable to see snapper in the default mail apps list when I ran it in trial mode. I also ran it from the SD card using ZLauncher in trial mode. Once I purchased the app I installed it in memory. I've done a soft reset or two since then as well. I am now able to select snapper as my default app.

So far no resets from setting snapper to default mail app.

-Sam
    Figured it out. Can't run Snapper from the SD card and enjoy Default App status.
    Last edited by jnjewlz; 12/15/2004 at 10:00 AM.
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
    I am having the exact same problem that Jeff Mac reported at the top of this thread and I am not running snapper from the SD card. I don't even have an SD card installed. But everytime I try to select snapper as my default email, my unlocked GSM treo 650 soft resets. I am using Snapper 2.1.1.01. Any help here? Jeff Mac, did you figure out your problem?
    I'm having the same problem. When I try to select Snapper as my default email, it resets Not running the application from my SD card.

K
    how do one make snapper the default email in 'today' display?
    do you need the latest 2.1.1.01 for it to work?
    i think i need to download the latest snappy
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    Jeff Mac,

I suggest you work this issue on the Yahoo Snappermail support forum and directly with Snappermail support....this is not best the place to resolve this problem. Since 1,000's of Snappmail users don't have this problem, something is going on specifically with your device and what is loaded on it.

BTW, 3rd party mail apps cannot write to the phone display and show the number of emails as that is a proprietary capability that only Versamail supports as has been posted here and on the Snappermail forum.

Good luck in getting this fixed. Post back here with what the problem was when you have it fixed.
    First of all, there are at least three of us in this thread having this problem and probably hundreds more. Second of all, I have never gotten any resolution from the Snappermail forum but have gotten tons of help from this board. And third, I don't think this is a Snapper problem anyway. It is not Snapper that is restting the treo, it is when making a selection in the "prefs" app. I doubt Snapper is even being executed. This is a Treo 650 problem.
    Anyone know if I can put Snapper into PowerRun and have it show up as Default and not experience a crash? I've been holding off setting up my email til everything else was updated and now I'm ready for the challenge. Thanks.
    bump, anyone else dealing with this problem. I still have no resolution. Still crashes every time I select snappermail as my default email.
    Are you running the latest beta 2.2.3?

It may help...I don't have this problem, but sometimes little things get fix in the latest releases.
    Actually, the latest beta is now 2.2.4
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    I have Snapper 2.1 Enterprise set as the default e-mail client with my Unlocked GSM 650 with absolutely no problems at all...never had to do anything special. it is in RAM but it also works just fine when I move it to my SD card with Zlauncher...it just takes a little while to load from the card.