Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi Everybody, I'm a brand new Treo owner trying to navigate the idiosyncrasies of palm, and learn about what my first Palm device can do. I've read the other recent threads about the various mail programs, but it seems that very few can handle Hotmail applications. I have a premium Hotmail account and use it in conjunction with MS Outlook Express on my desktop which works great, but VersaMail on the Treo apparently can't handle HTTP. The other option that has been mentioned is using email forwarding to which end I tried Fastmail.fm as recommended on this site, but the results were less than desirable because the mail doesn't show up on the Treo for several hours, even with the paid Fastmail service. Are there any good mail programs out there that support Hotmail in their native configuration? Thanks!
    There is Onemail:

http://net.worth.com.hk/onemail/main.htm

Also, you can check you hotmail via the mobile format:

http://mobile.msn.com/hm/folder.aspx

Forwarding to fastmail and checking for free via IMAP on versamail/snapper works great for me though...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    http://net.worth.com.hk/onemail/main.htm

I tried this for my free hotmail account and it did give me my Inbox but not the bulk mail. Sometimes my safe email will somehow slip into the bulk mail and I like to be able to check that.

I emailed the company and they responded that they would have their software people look into adding it.
    Yeah, what I use (or at least am planning to use) is the Mobile Hotmail site. On my previous handhelds the site has worked great, for everything from checking email to writing it.
    I can't find how to forward hotmail to fastmail... any clues? Thanks.
    fastmail can be set to poll for hotmail
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    GMail
    Treo people use Hotmail? Hmm ... interesting.
    hotmail? change to gmail, its two different worlds
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileDave
    Treo people use Hotmail? Hmm ... interesting.
    Whether you realize it or not, your comment tells us a lot more about you, than it tells us about someone that is using hotmail.
    Hotmail gives 250MB now and you have to love the integration with MSN messenger.

Al
    practically no spam with gmail
    Quote Originally Posted by acajigas
    Hotmail gives 250MB now and you have to love the integration with MSN messenger.

Al
    wow, i just went to my account and saw the limit has been increased to 250MB! amazing!

gmail is better though, 1000MB, no spam, search options... i just wish you could set up folders. the labels just don't work as well.

back to topic: i use msn mobile
    I know that I go to Hotmail via the Browser on my 650. There is a link from Sprint's Mobile Portal page which I just bookmarked... a tad bit slow to use, but it works pretty well... except the page format is kinda screwy - but I'm a heavy hotmail user as well... I deal with it, but I'm slowly moving over to GMail...
    you can try Aileron by Corsoft.com. I use it to pull/push Hotmail easily.
    FYI, there's also the Hotviewer and EmailViewer:

http://reqwireless.com/hotviewer.html

http://reqwireless.com/emailviewer.html

They both require the J2ME to work though...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Can you elaborate more on this? I set up a MSN Mobile account for my phone, and can access MSN's mobile site, but (1.) SMS messages from my buddies are one way (they appear as "Unknown" and I can't reply) and (2.) I don't have a MSN Messenger option as part of my MSN Mobile screen.

I'm curious about all instant messaging solutions on the T650, but if there's a MSN Messenger-specific one, I'd like to know more.
    where is that link? all I have is AOL and Yahoo. No MSN!
    Quote Originally Posted by beelzebueb
    practically no spam with gmail
    I guess Gmail began spamming too:
    I received a mail from a spammer in my gmail inbox today. I never told anyone about this gmail address because I don't use it.

Also, I wonder if Gmail will be available by IMAP in future...
    any idea ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast