Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I had a moment so I just called the Waldorf, MD Sprint store and was told the 650 was just delivered to their MD store today. Spoke to Michael.

The plot thickens...... To wait or not to wait.

BTW, does anyone know what the return policy is for the Vienna Channels New Unit purchases?
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    says no returns, but I don't know how they can do that, especially as long as it is taking to get any info at all.
    They are in Tallahassee as well.
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
  4.    #4  
    Geez, so will Sprint accept returns on the phone? I'm really thinking about just picking the phone up at a Sprint store. They haven't charged my credit card and for $250 I'm not sure all this waiting and suspense is worth it for me. Especially if it's gonna be a pain returning it if there is a problem.

One upside to the 600 is being able to take it back while under warranty, which I have had to do 3 times now already.

The 650 was supposed to be a birthday present to myself last week, but as you can see, that didn't happen. -lol

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    geeky, I suspect returns would have to go directly through P1 and not through vienna channels. I seriously doubt P1 would get away with no returns at all on vienna channel ordered 650's. That being said, you could always do what some have been doing here. Buy it at the Sprint store and when you do get the 650 from vienna, sell it on ebay. You'll likely get at least $500 for it - which would still net you a savings once all was said and done. There is, however, the initial outlay of close to $900 before you'd finally get some of your money back and see any savings.
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
  6.    #6  
    What, no cancellations???? Don't tell me you can't cancel your Vienna order if your credit card hasn't been charged.

I feel that if seller does not honor their delivery date, buyer is not obligated to continue with the contract. Does anyone know for sure what the policy is with Vienna. I checked their site but there was no mention of their Cancellation policy.

Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    What, no cancellations???? Don't tell me you can't cancel your Vienna order if your credit card hasn't been charged.

I feel that if seller does not honor their delivery date, buyer is not obligated to continue with the contract. Does anyone know for sure what the policy is with Vienna. I checked their site but there was no mention of their Cancellation policy.
    Well I am sure you can cancel, you just can't return. BTW they are not late on the delivery date. IF it is delievered by the thrid week in January it is on time. Remember out 5 - 8weeks. I remember because my prediction date all along has been Jan 10.
  8.    #8  
    I plan to go into the Sprint store tomorrow and based on that plus the Cancellation policy I will decide then.

When I ordered it was my understanding that it was a 2-3 weeks delivery.

Lol, I got my Motorola 810 headset with nothing to use it with unless somehow it will work with the 600.

I'm going to wait until VC sends our 650's. Good chance that by waiting, we'll get a later (not by much) production model. Also gives some of the developers time to do their magic.

Our 600's work fine. The Metro DC/Va Sprint Stores have them also.
    Ibrahim B.

Kyo PDQ - Kyo 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo -650 (2) & now the Palm Pre. Will keep my BB World Phone Sprint
    I will buy all of your VC ordered Treo 650's from you for $349... PM me and I will paypal it to you once you have it in hand...

11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by oneklassy1
    Our 600's work fine. The Metro DC/Va Sprint Stores have them also.
    Which store are you referring to? Did you go to the store and actually see the phone in the store. -lol

I just made a Wild Goose chase to the store in Waldorf (after calling twice to double check availibility) to be told "We don't have the 650 in stock". Yes, I did see red for a sec., but then I remembered this was afterall Sprint! So I simply responded that I called yesterday and spoke to MICHAEL and he said it was in stock. And I called before I came over and was told after I asked that "Yes, we have it in stock"! (I even heard each person check for it.) As you may have guessed, Micheal was not in today of course.

The only other thing that kept me from acting badly was the fact that they swapped out my 600 (again) I was getting picket fences in it. So something good did come from my little outing.

Btw, not spending $600 dollars today did not feel too bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Which store are you referring to? Did you go to the store and actually see the phone in the store. -lol

Yes, at the Tyson Corner Store. I went there earlier yesterday and saw the rep, Dimitri showing the features to a customer. When he sat it on the counter, we all looked at it to make sure. I asked him do all the Metro stores have them and he replied that they should. Will update in the AM!!
    Ibrahim B.

Kyo PDQ - Kyo 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo -650 (2) & now the Palm Pre. Will keep my BB World Phone Sprint
    My girlfriend lives in Waldorf. I live in Bowie. Got a 650 already!
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    hmm, i'll have to check a few local stores myself. i tried to stop by the store in pentagon row, but it was closed by the time i got out of harris teeters. will see if there are any there tomorrow, and also down in chantilly when i hit the range this weekend. there's a new sprint store right down the street off 50 and lee road.
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
  15.    #15  
    Thanks guys, that would be great.

No 650 in the Columbia, MD store. Not surprised about the Waldorf store. Heck, the sprint coverage in Charles County, MD plain sucks anyways!
  17.    #17  
    They do have the 650's in the Laurel store and I got one today! Yay!!
    Laurel Store: (240) 456-0455

I'm still setting it up so I'll keep you posted.

A big thank you to Sxtg for all of your help in leading the blind. Funny thing is I've been reading the posts religiously but when I actually picked up my new phone and knew I had to set it up I got a little paranoid.

But now that it's up and running: yes, I'm loving it already!!!

P.S. Is anyone using Comcast for their internet provider? I'm able to set it up to receive messages, but the outgoing is not working. Maybe I'll check my passwords again. I remember how cumbersome it was setting it up on the 600.

Thanks again Sxtg!
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 12/02/2004 at 07:18 PM.

Geeky, I'm using Comcast on the 650. Works like a charm... and I'm able to send via Comcast's servers (which I wasn't able to do with the 600).

I just used the included pre-configured settings in VersaMail for Comcast.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget
    Geeky, I'm using Comcast on the 650. Works like a charm... and I'm able to send via Comcast's servers (which I wasn't able to do with the 600).

I just used the included pre-configured settings in VersaMail for Comcast.
    Dang, I deleted those. Hummm let me see if I can get them back.

Congrats on your unit!

20.    #20  
    Inspector,

That was it!!!! Worked like a charm. I just added another account. Gee, just imagine things working like they should. With the 600 we had to do all these adjustments to get emails this time it's just as simple as you said.

Thanks!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast