1.    #1  
    Right Backup for Palm Version 1.8 (http://standalone.com/palmos/right_back_up/) is supposed to work with T5. Anybody have experience with this on the Treo 650? My Treo won't arrive till later this week.
    Thanks!
    You can't restore a single file...

Not good.

I will stick with BackUpMan
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRadio
    You can't restore a single file...

Not good.

I will stick with BackUpMan
    What do you mean by this? I am experimenting with Right Backup as I can't get BackupMan to complete a backup (yes I am using the latest beta and I have 5 MB free on my Treo 650 and 800 MB free in my SD card and no other backups.)

In any case, Right Backup completed a full (and FAST!) backup. I am also able to selectively restore single file(s,) by clicking "customize." I get seperate lists for apps and data and can check whatever I want. I tested it and it works too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    What do you mean by this? I am experimenting with Right Backup as I can't get BackupMan to complete a backup (yes I am using the latest beta and I have 5 MB free on my Treo 650 and 800 MB free in my SD card and no other backups.)

In any case, Right Backup completed a full (and FAST!) backup. I am also able to selectively restore single file(s,) by clicking "customize." I get seperate lists for apps and data and can check whatever I want. I tested it and it works too.
    I posted this in another thread. Apparently when the Treo 650 gets below 6mb of memory. Certain programs that interface directly through the SD cards i.e. powerrun, and backupman, begin to function irregularly. This phone is just an enigma in itself.

I will try right back up. Hope I get the same success results.
    I have been using BackupMan with only periodic problems. My memory has dropped below 2MB and I have still been able to complete a backup. Restores have worked well. I have done them frequently while experimenting with different software. I have found it does not backup VoiceDialer and gives me a warning during the restore process, but the other than that the restore is fine. May be some other software conflict causing your incomplete backups.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    I posted this in another thread. Apparently when the Treo 650 gets below 6mb of memory. Certain programs that interface directly through the SD cards i.e. powerrun, and backupman, begin to function irregularly. This phone is just an enigma in itself.
    6 MB? Sheesh. So it comes with 23 MB usable, and even that 23 MB doesn't go as far as 23 MB on a Treo 600 due to the new RAM inefficiencies. And here I was thinking I was doing WELL by having 4.5 MB free. I'm running a barebones system here folks, I can't imagine cutting one thing out. Damn...
    Does Right Backup successfully restore Voice Dialer?
    Tried right backup. It doesn't restore as efficiently as backupman. Meaning that I had 4.9mb prior to backup, after restore, 7.5, yet all app icons were there. Have to do a little more in depth researching to find out what wasn't restored.
    Maybe you had "skip temporary databases" checked when you made the backup?
    Right backup crashed mine in the middle of a backup. I think I have tried them all and the only one that works for me is tealbackup. I have 3mb left in ram and 49mb left on the sd card.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    I found Right Backup when I got my Treo 600. it has been very successful dozens of times. The only problems I've had were my own fault. It is actually my most trusted Backup program. I've done side by side comparisons with BackupBuddy and I like RBU better.

jc