1.    #1  
    I've noticed that every once in a while, my power/end button won't turn the screen on unless I push it once more. After some testing, it seems that if I press power/end, then I have to wait at least a second before pressing it again; that is, it takes time to "depress" or something along those lines. Then, today, it just stopped responding until I did a reset- no button would turn the screen on!

....updated testing: It seems that this problem happens with the Phone/Answer button too! It requires a second to "depress", so you can't press them consecutively.

Anyone else have this problem?
    Sometimes mine takes a full 20-40 seconds to turn on. I just keep pressing and pressing, and it simply doesn't work.

It's time for a software update, P1.
    Saw this same thing on a colleague's 650. Sometimes it takes a second to come on, and sometimes it doesn't come on at all.
    I also get this, and it does seem that waiting a second before pressing the button again seems to help in making it work.

What's interesting about this is that I was able to compare a couple Treo 650s where one of them was exhibiting this problem and another was not. What I determined was that the one that was not was in its hard-reset ("clean") state. Once I loaded my software and data onto it (and activated it with Sprint, including the download that happens after connecting to the Sprint network) this behavior started happening on the new one (and it stopped happening on the old one once I performed a hard-reset).

So I'm wondering if there is some piece of software I have installed that causes this problem (I don't have much in the way of low-level hacks, though I do use LauncherX as a replacement launcher). Or if it's something that happens after the phone has been updated by Sprint, since it seems to not be a hardware problem.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by tgaul
    What's interesting about this is that I was able to compare a couple Treo 650s where one of them was exhibiting this problem and another was not. What I determined was that the one that was not was in its hard-reset ("clean") state. Once I loaded my software and data onto it (and activated it with Sprint, including the download that happens after connecting to the Sprint network) this behavior started happening on the new one (and it stopped happening on the old one once I performed a hard-reset).
    That's interesting and I hope you're right, because that means it's not a defective unit and may be fixable with a patch.