Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 69
  1.    #1  
    I order an 850 from www.blueheadsets.com and it was going to ship on 12/3 - so they say. I walked over to RCS in NYC to see, if by chance they had the 850 in stock - yep, 2 left. I bought one and canceled my www.blueheadsets.com order. They told me my card had been charged and that I will receive a refund in 3 weeks!!! Not nice...

    On to my thoughts:

    - At RCS I tried the Jabra 250, the SonyEric HBH-660 and HBH-300, and the 850
    - The 250 was most comfortable, then the 300. The 660 and 850 were about the same. I wear glasses so your miles may vary
    - I took home the 850
    - The feel is OK. It is very light but a little floppy.
    - The volume is OK. I wish I could go 3 clicks louder. I haven't tried it on the streets of NYC yet but in my office it sounds great. My guess is that the volume will be OK but not great.
    - The sound on my end is fantastic - I wish I could say the same for the other end. On the other end I could hear an echo and the caller using the 850 sounded slightly digitized. I would give it a 9 from the 850 end and a 6 from the other end.
    - Pairing was a breeze
    - The "Multifunction" button with Do Not Allow Wake Up:
    I can redial (long button press) - with a major delay when the phone is asleep. No delay when the phone is active. I cannot answer an incoming call using the button. I can hang up a call though.
    - The "Multifunction" button with Allow Wake Up:
    I can answer an incoming call by opening the "Mic Arm". Most of the time I can hear the caller, other times everything seems to work but I cannot hear anything. I can open the "Mic Arm" and press the Multi (long press) and it will redial. This always seems to work. And of course, I can disconnect a call with a short Multi button press.

    That's all I have for now.

    Ask away,

    dmg
  2. #2  
    Thanks for the review!
  3. #3  
    DMGoldie:

    Any luck initiating a call from the 850 using the 650's built-in voice dial app?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay
    DMGoldie:

    Any luck initiating a call from the 850 using the 650's built-in voice dial app?
    I havn't tried that yet. I did take the 850 to the streets of NYC and it is not loud enough. It is like the top volume setting is a 5 out of 10.

    dmg
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by DMGoldie
    I havn't tried that yet. I did take the 850 to the streets of NYC and it is not loud enough. It is like the top volume setting is a 5 out of 10.

    dmg
    I'm waiting for the 850 as well, as I agreed with the reviews of the 810 that the gain (volume) wasn't high enough. One thing I did do that helped not only the fit but the volume of the 810 was to remove the thin liner around the inside of the earpiece. Doing so allowed the headset to sit closer to your ear, thus raising the volume. YMMV.

    Patriot0290
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungTurk
    I'm waiting for the 850 as well, as I agreed with the reviews of the 810 that the gain (volume) wasn't high enough. One thing I did do that helped not only the fit but the volume of the 810 was to remove the thin liner around the inside of the earpiece. Doing so allowed the headset to sit closer to your ear, thus raising the volume. YMMV.

    Patriot0290

    Can you replace the liner once it is removed? I want to make sure I can return it if I need to.

    Thanks,

    dmg
  7. #7  
    I went to Best Buy an bought a Motorola HS810. I just returned that and bought the Jabra 250. I am charging that right now. I can tell already that I am not going to like it. The thing is huge and it fits on your ear funny. It makes my ear stick out. It seems that if you wore glasses it would be even harder to fit.

    I ordered new the Motorola HS850 today. I think that is the one that I will stay with unless this Jabra 250 knocks my socks off after I use it for the first time.

    http://www.trustedreviews.com/articl...d=45&page=1797
    Last edited by Triple xXx; 11/30/2004 at 05:07 PM.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by DMGoldie
    Can you replace the liner once it is removed? I want to make sure I can return it if I need to.

    Thanks,

    dmg
    No, you can't. Once it's off, it's off for good.

    Patriot0290
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungTurk
    No, you can't. Once it's off, it's off for good.
    I don't think that's true. At least on my HS810, I can take off and put back on the liner with no problems.
  10. #10  
    Just tried the Jabra 250. Not bad. The volume in the ear piece is great. You can turn the volume up pretty loud! The Motorola 810 only goes about half as loud as the 250.

    The down side to the 250 is the size of the freaking thing and it's look. It looks like a hearing aid on steroids. It makes my ear stick out. The button to select your call is in a strange position to push.

    All in all I think that I will keep the HS850 when it comes despite the poorer sound volume.
  11. #11  
    Heh. I guess it's true, different people have different tastes. I exchanged my Jabra BT250 for the Moto 810 and am much happier. I liked the feel and more subtle look of the Jabra (and I do wear glasses), but the sound quality was terrible, and the range was about three feet line of sight. Not exactly the untrammeled wireless experience Bluetooth promises. The Moto is (to me) bigger and less elegant looking, but I can't complain on range and sound quality. The experience is so seamless that I find myself walking out of range during a call because I forget I'm not tethered to the phone.
    Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced. --Greg Bear
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx
    Just tried the Jabra 250. Not bad. The volume in the ear piece is great. You can turn the volume up pretty loud! The Motorola 810 only goes about half as loud as the 250.

    The down side to the 250 is the size of the freaking thing and it's look. It looks like a hearing aid on steroids. It makes my ear stick out. The button to select your call is in a strange position to push.

    All in all I think that I will keep the HS850 when it comes despite the poorer sound volume.
    Well - I've tried both the 810 and the 850. The 810 is nice but the volume through the earpiece isn't loud enough to pass the 'highway' test. It's going back to Best Buy for a refund. The 850 is just like the 810 but black. Though touted to be louder than the 810, it wasn't in my opinion, so it's off to eBay.

    I've ordered the Sony Ericsson Akono HBH 300 so we'll see. In the meantime, I may pick up a Jabra 250 at Best Buy and return it if I have to.

    YoungTurk
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungTurk
    Well - I've tried both the 810 and the 850. The 810 is nice but the volume through the earpiece isn't loud enough to pass the 'highway' test. It's going back to Best Buy for a refund. The 850 is just like the 810 but black. Though touted to be louder than the 810, it wasn't in my opinion, so it's off to eBay.

    I've ordered the Sony Ericsson Akono HBH 300 so we'll see. In the meantime, I may pick up a Jabra 250 at Best Buy and return it if I have to.

    YoungTurk
    Well I figured that the 850 would not be any better but I was hoping so.

    The 250 is great for sound. That thing gets loud. It's a little strange the way they have the buttons on the device. You can't control things as easily as the 810 or 850. I don't like how the 250 fits on my ear. It make your ear stick out. If you could mix the 850 with the 250 you'd have a great unit.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungTurk
    Well - I've tried both the 810 and the 850. The 810 is nice but the volume through the earpiece isn't loud enough to pass the 'highway' test. It's going back to Best Buy for a refund. The 850 is just like the 810 but black. Though touted to be louder than the 810, it wasn't in my opinion, so it's off to eBay.

    I've ordered the Sony Ericsson Akono HBH 300 so we'll see. In the meantime, I may pick up a Jabra 250 at Best Buy and return it if I have to.

    YoungTurk
    I bought and returned the HBH 300. It felt very unsteady and was close to falling off. I also did not like the lack of a handsfree profile.

    See:

    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...541#post470541

    for more discussion on this unit.
  15. 1SFG's Avatar
    Posts
    191 Posts
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    #15  
    man this is depressing - haven't read a review yet of a solid unit, that fits the ear nicely with good volume levels. sounds like the 250 is closest to fitting the bill, yet 650 folks seem to be in agreement that it comes with varying levels of static...may end up going wired at this point.
    1st SFG (A)

    if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SFG
    man this is depressing - haven't read a review yet of a solid unit, that fits the ear nicely with good volume levels. sounds like the 250 is closest to fitting the bill, yet 650 folks seem to be in agreement that it comes with varying levels of static...may end up going wired at this point.
    I've tried the 810 and the 250. The 250 gave me a little static. The 810 was clear but not loud enough.

    I really don't like the controls on the Jabra. They are in back of your ear and are more difficult to get at than the 810. On the 810 you just push the botton on the side of your ear as opposed to pushing the button behind your ear.

    All in all both seem good. If you could mix both into one unit then you'd have something.

    Just do like I did. Go buy both units at Best Buy and take them back after testing them.
  17. #17  
    He's my 2 cents on Bluetooth and the 650 in regards to Headfones
    by the way love it for synching and beaming files.

    The Jabra Unconfertable Static on both sides of a call.

    Plantronics M2500 ( Laptop Magazines best pick)
    Crystal clear on my end Terrible sound to the caller.

    Just got the Motorola HS850 from a friend overseas
    Sound quality is great on both ends mine & who I'm calling.
    This looks like a keeper...

    Not sure if mine is different from the us version though Mine
    came with an adapter to use in US since it was set up for overseas plugs.
    -Hope this helps...
  18. #18  
    so here is the report on hbh-600 ( please excuse the spelling mistakes english is second lingo)

    fitting: a little cumbersom, not centered on your ear canal.
    pairing : easy as a breez
    reciving calls: A. rings in your ear
    B. NUMBER APPEARS ON LED SCREEN
    C. when butten on headset is press the call cuts tru to the headset
    D.able to hangup from headset with the same butten.
    E. no static when phone is around the 3-5 ft zone.
    F. to dial your phone all you need is to enter the number and press
    talk,cuts tru the headset right away with no dely what so ever.
    volum on headset is not bad... so it looks like I will stay with this one.

    hope it helped
    eli
  19. #19  
    I meant sonyericsson hbh-660
  20. #20  
    how "not bad" is the volume?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions