Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 69
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by breitweiser
    Has any one tried the HS820? Is it the same as the HS810 but without the boom? I was considering getting it but if volume is a problem maybe I won't.
    I tried the HS820. Worked very well in quiet environments but couldn't turn up the volume high enough to use in the car let alone really noisy places. (Well it was loud enough to be used in the car if one used their hand to continuously press the headset into one's ear.)

    I didn't know about the mute toggle before I returned it.

    Steve
  2. #42  
    I am having difficulty in even pairing the Motorola headset to the phone. Any suggestions?
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyNTreo600
    I am having difficulty in even pairing the Motorola headset to the phone. Any suggestions?

    Please post what you have done in a detailed step by step list. It's impossible to start guessing what you have done wrong.
  4. #44  
    I am VERY disappointed with the HS 850. I had high hopes for this headset. I had tried a Jabra 200 and palmOne's version of the 250 and they both had terrible static. I then tried the HS 820 of a friend and it performed so much better. There was very little static and it was faint when it was there. The range was phenamenal at BT standards. So I assumed that the 850 would be at least as good, but probably better.

    I received my 850 yesterday and, to my disappointment, it is less useful to me than the Jabra's were! It produces more static than the 820 and almost as frequently as the Jabra's, only a bit less loudly. It's volume is lower than the 820. While driving I just couldn't use it at all. At home, it was barely useful with so much static. It's more useful to have loud voice and noise than for both to be faint! Also, its range was abysmal. I'm rather surprised and disappointed.
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    I am quite disappointed with the HS 850. I had high hopes for this headset. I had tried a Jabra 200 and palmOne's version of the 250 and they both had terrible static. I then tried the HS 820 of a friend and it performed so much better. There was very little static and it was faint when it was there. The range was phenamenal at BT standards. So I assumed that the 850 would be at least as good, but probably better.

    I received my 850 yesterday and, to my disappointment, it is less useful to me than the Jabra's were! It produces more static than the 820 and almost as frequently as the Jabra's, yet a bit less loudly. It's volume is lower than the 820. While driving I just couldn't use it at all. At home, it was barely useful with so much static. Its range was abysmal. I'm rather surprised and disappointed.

    Thanks for the info I WAS considering this instead of my 820.
  6. #46  
    I forgot to say that others heard me very well with the 850. I was told they couldn't tell I was on a headset and my voice came in loudly. The sad thing is that they were trying to tell me I sounded so good, and all I was saying back was "Excuse me?" and "Hello?!"
  7. #47  
    That is very odd. I only get a little static but that's in rooms with wifi base stations also. I haven't had a chance to test in a car. I haven't done much testing with range but I don't get static anything like you describe. Maybe you have a bad copy?

    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    I am VERY disappointed with the HS 850. I had high hopes for this headset. I had tried a Jabra 200 and palmOne's version of the 250 and they both had terrible static. I then tried the HS 820 of a friend and it performed so much better. There was very little static and it was faint when it was there. The range was phenamenal at BT standards. So I assumed that the 850 would be at least as good, but probably better.

    I received my 850 yesterday and, to my disappointment, it is less useful to me than the Jabra's were! It produces more static than the 820 and almost as frequently as the Jabra's, only a bit less loudly. It's volume is lower than the 820. While driving I just couldn't use it at all. At home, it was barely useful with so much static. It's more useful to have loud voice and noise than for both to be faint! Also, its range was abysmal. I'm rather surprised and disappointed.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  8. #48  
    I received my hs850 on Monday... works like a charm. Volume is a bit low, but not terrible, and the "mute" trick seems to work about 2/3 of the time.

    Anyone able to get the headset to RING?!?

    This is my 3rd BT headset... The 250 didn't ring at all, My HS820 rang for ONE - and i mean ONE - call, and I can't convince the 850 to ring at all.

    What do I need to do to the phone (obviously a phone issue) to get it to send the ring to the BT headset?!?

    Thanks in advance!
    BOFH/Chavous Camp

    Don't know what BOFH stands for? See here.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    That is very odd. I only get a little static but that's in rooms with wifi base stations also. I haven't had a chance to test in a car. I haven't done much testing with range but I don't get static anything like you describe. Maybe you have a bad copy?
    I'm starting to think that my experience was related to the low volume issue. The volume on the 850 is lower than the 820, especially the way it sits on your ear (the 820 protrudes a bit into your ear; the 850 doesn't). I think the static we hear somehow doesn't go down with volume, or at least doesn't go down as much. So the lower the volume from the Treo, the worse the perceived interference.

    I bought an 820 from Best Buy last night and I'm still comparing the two. Things were not as bad at home last night. I personally think that low volume from the Treo is the major issue and if fixed we will all be picking between those moto headsets solely on the basis of battery life, fit, etc. Static is just so dominant with such low volume from the Treo.
    Last edited by silverado; 12/09/2004 at 11:23 AM.
  10. #50  
    I agree. The low volume with BT is clearly a 650 issue. I am sure P1 will add it to their ever-increasing "stuff we have to fix with a ROM flash" list. Personally, I will likely go back to the Jabra 250 (with which I can actually hear the person on the other end), but keep the 850 pending a fix to the volume problem.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    I've been trying the HS-850 with the Treo 650 and trying to figure out this autoconnect on dialing. Sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't. I'm pretty convinced that it has to do with the Treo or the HS-850 sleeping the connection to save power. If I turn on the 850, then dial the Treo, it connects immediately. Notice that the bluetooth icon on the Treo is "outlined" which seems to be an active connection. Press the button on the 850 and dial out and it connects immediately. Wait say 10 seconds after the last call, dial out and it connects about 5 seconds after the call connects. Wait a few minutes after the last call and it doesn't autoconnect when dialing out. Notice also that the flashing blue light on the headset isn't flashing anymore making me think it went to sleep after not seeing any activity after awhile. Make sense? Is anyone else seeing this? Does anyone get it to autoconnect immediately after dialing if you haven't used the headset for 5 minutes?
    I have had rare difficulties with getting it to autoconnect. But, the timing between calls has never seemed to play a role in that.
  12. #52  
    Got my 850 on Monday, and after 3 days of trying I'd say that it's volume is just to low to be considered reasonable. Works great in quiet environment, un-usable in moving vehicle (a rather quiet one at that).

    Doesn't anyone at Palm (or Motorola) test these things? I'd sacrifice 2x in battery life (on either device) to spend a little power increasing the volume. I blame both parties, because Palm should be sending a very loud and clear signal, and Motorola should expect a range of input signals and amplify accordingly.

    Things sure ain't convenient here at the bleeding edge.
    - DPAM
    Last edited by dpam; 12/09/2004 at 11:55 PM.
  13. #53  
    Just got the HS850 today. I'm putting it on Ebay tonight. Volume too quiet, and my friend who I called said it sounded like I was on a bad speakerphone.

    Oh well, it looked good and the idea of powering on by folding out the mike was a great one. Why in the world is it so hard to make a loud BT headset?
  14. #54  
    Got mine on Saturday and used it to death. I too am returning it and getting the HBH660. Listening volume way to low, people called complained of static and generally a poor call quality.
  15. #55  
    Although I seem to get OK volume and less static on the 850 than other ones I've tried I'm going to have to give up on it also. My big gripes are not automatically connecting on outgoing calls (sometimes) but worse no ringing in the headset on incoming calls. I've never, ever had a bluetooth headset and phone combo that works like this and I've used Motorola, Nokia, and Sony Ericsson phones. The 850 works great with the Motorola V3 Razr but it's just unacceptable with the Treo. My old Sony Ericsson has low volume and some static but it works like it should for ringing during incoming calls and automatically picking up outgoing calls.

    It's sounding like the SE HBH-660 is the best headset for the Treo.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  16. #56  
    Does anyone's 650 screen turn on when you unfold the mic on your HS850?
  17. #57  
    Yes, mine does.
  18. #58  
    Really? Mine doesn't. You must have "allow wakeup" enabled in the bluetooth preferences, right?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  19. #59  
    Mine does and I have allow wakeup turned on.

    Anyone figured out how to get a BT headset to ring CONSISTENTLY? The BT250 did it on ONE (yes, just ONE) call, the HS820 did the same thing (ONE call) and the hs850 hasn't decided to ring AT ALL yet. Anyone have it ringing? ANYONE?
    BOFH/Chavous Camp

    Don't know what BOFH stands for? See here.
  20. #60  
    I do have allow wake up on.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions