Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    well let put it this way if i talk to my wife on the phone no headset would be able to pick up what she is saying keep having to tell her to speak up but when spoke to a friend heard him loud enough... also has to do with how you are positioning it over your ear
    ahhhhh, so you can't hear your wife, but you can hear your friend......
    that's not the headset, my friend!
    got me.
    I don't have a Treo 650 yet (trying to hold out for the GSM) but I just got the Motorola 850 today. Best bluetooth headset I've tried yet. A little bit "floppy" on the ear as others have said but fairly comfortable (I'm one of those with sensitive ears). It works amazingly with a Motorola V3 Razr. Volume is definitely much louder than a Sony Ericsson HBH-65 that I have. I'm not sure how loud someone wants it but it's fine in my view. Unfortunately I don't have a Treo to test with, but it has bluetooth 1.2 and show produce clearer connections even to bluetooth 1.1 phones. The connection to the Razr was the most crystal clear I've heard yet.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    It's "floppy" the ( Motorola HS 850 )because your not wearing it correctly. It Does fit on the ear Snug you have
    to try the fit again Trust me !! I've been waiting SOOO long for a bluetooth headset that really works AND THIS IS IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Does the HS850 pick up the call when you press "answer" on the phone? Or when you dial out, does the headset pick up the call automatically without having to push a button on the headset?
    I was referring the HS850 to the Treo 650
    Yes the HS850 picks up the call when you press "answer" on the phone there is a 1 second delay though.

& YESs when you dial out, does the headset pick up the call automatically without having to push a button on the headset
    Has any one tried the HS820? Is it the same as the HS810 but without the boom? I was considering getting it but if volume is a problem maybe I won't.
    I'm envious of people reporting 1 or 2 second delays for the 850 to pickup when receiving or initiating a call. Mine takes so long, I have missed calls, even when I flip the boom after only one ring. It's like a race to see if I can save my call from going to voicemail
    I just got my HS850 today and all callers say it sounds great on their end. As far as my end I can't get the volume high enough for use in the car. All features work well such as call waiting, redail, hang up, etc. I am very dissapointed with the volume of the headset. I don't like the mute trick because it defeats the purpose of "hands free". Outside of destroying the headset are there any tricks to increase volume?
    Quote Originally Posted by kboogie
    I am very dissapointed with the volume of the headset. I don't like the mute trick because it defeats the purpose of "hands free". Outside of destroying the headset are there any tricks to increase volume?
    Don't destroy the headset, destroy the 650 since that's where the problem lies . Seriously, be patient, I'm sure someone, if not P1, will have a software fix for the volume issue shortly.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Don't destroy the headset, destroy the 650 since that's where the problem lies . Seriously, be patient, I'm sure someone, if not P1, will have a software fix for the volume issue shortly.
    I won't destroy the headset I was reffering to a suggestion someone made to remove the inner lining of the headset to increase volume. I hope someone comes up with a fix soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by kboogie
    ...I don't like the mute trick because it defeats the purpose of "hands free". Outside of destroying the headset are there any tricks to increase volume?
    Does the "mute trick" make the volume louder for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wolfdogs
    Yes the HS850 picks up the call when you press "answer" on the phone there is a 1 second delay though.

& YESs when you dial out, does the headset pick up the call automatically without having to push a button on the headset
    Only a 1 second delay before your HS850 picks up the call? That's great! Did you do anything on the handheld side to speed this up? It's taking 7-8 seconds to pick up a call from my 650...
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by breitweiser
    Has any one tried the HS820? Is it the same as the HS810 but without the boom? I was considering getting it but if volume is a problem maybe I won't.
    Have been using the 820 and find the best so far (without trying the 850).

very little to No static , very clear My end and my assistant said the best sounding out of all the headsets I have used recently. (810, m2500 and Bluevoice)

No issue with volume if you do the "famous" mute toggle.

Can phone a number in agendus or favourites and the headset connects automaticly. When a call is incoming just hit the answer button on the phone and it connects (most of the time ,otherwise hit the small button on the headset)

Fits pretty well ,with No flap, at times you forget its there because of the size and weight.
    I've been trying the HS-850 with the Treo 650 and trying to figure out this autoconnect on dialing. Sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't. I'm pretty convinced that it has to do with the Treo or the HS-850 sleeping the connection to save power. If I turn on the 850, then dial the Treo, it connects immediately. Notice that the bluetooth icon on the Treo is "outlined" which seems to be an active connection. Press the button on the 850 and dial out and it connects immediately. Wait say 10 seconds after the last call, dial out and it connects about 5 seconds after the call connects. Wait a few minutes after the last call and it doesn't autoconnect when dialing out. Notice also that the flashing blue light on the headset isn't flashing anymore making me think it went to sleep after not seeing any activity after awhile. Make sense? Is anyone else seeing this? Does anyone get it to autoconnect immediately after dialing if you haven't used the headset for 5 minutes?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Has anyone with an 850 tried it out in an environement with WiFi? I'd like to find a headset that I can use around my apartment.

-Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by 98GSR
    Does the "mute trick" make the volume louder for you?
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by bkrodgers
    Has anyone with an 850 tried it out in an environement with WiFi? I'd like to find a headset that I can use around my apartment.

-Brian
    Yes, I have WiFi in my house and it works fine. No statics at normal distances. At 10ft plus I notice more static around WiFi than other areas.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast