1.    #1  
    you gotta be kidding me! The keyguard blocks the email from fetching! WHy would they include these two software together that can't work togethter?!! PalmONE you guys are retarded!!!!!!
    Last edited by MarkEagle; 11/29/2004 at 03:33 PM. Reason: inappropriate language
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    you gotta be kidding me! The keyguard blocks the email from fetching! WHy would they include these two software together that can't work togethter?!! PalmONE you guys are retarded!!!!!!
    I'm guessing you're using VersaMail, which I've not played with very much.

However, keyguard is not stopping SnapperMail from auto-fetching my mail every half hour.
    Last edited by MarkEagle; 11/29/2004 at 03:34 PM. Reason: inappropriate language in quote
  3.    #3  
    yep versamail
    I use Versamail and keyguard hasn't come in the way of auto-sync. However auto-sync seems to only work when it wants to. For the first 3 days it wouldn't auto-sync at all. Yesterday it decided it would, but now sends me alerts saying that it failed every five minutes and that I should try a manual "Get". So I do the manual "get" and it says I have bad server settings. Interestingly though the server settings haven't changed since the last time it did a get and then it went back and started working again stil with unchanged settings. This is happening on two accounts, one Yahoo pop mail and the other an Exchange ActiveSync one at work.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    yep versamail
    You're kidding! You're talking about the built-in keyguard, not a third-party keyguard enhancement/replacement? If so, that blows!
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  6.    #6  
    yes the built in keyguard! Turn on keyguard & schedule an immediate auto-sync to test this. this is ghetto. i just use a different keyguard now that does not interferwith it. it called bob's pop-up launch. it is awesome. it also has a built in shortcut launcher as well!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I think my problem is different. It has worked with keyguard on for me. On the other hand, even when I manually check the account it says it can't reach mail.pop.yahoo.com (or whatever it is). I know that the settings are right because they worked an hour ago and will work sometime in the future if I just wait long enough.
    I've confirmed it's definitely not the keyguard on mine. I still have the issue with keyguard disabled.
    Versamail sucks. Period. Why they didn't license Snapper is beyond me.
    I'll settle for the old Handspring mail application plus the ability to use Gmail.
    Quote Originally Posted by aeropilot4fun
    Versamail sucks. Period. Why they didn't license Snapper is beyond me.
    I have VersaMail doing a Pop, imap, and exchange account and I kind of like it. I've used SnapperMail extensively and absolutely loved it's features. Right now I'm thinking I'll stick with VMail. It does what I need and is actually quite addictive. Give it a chance it is quite useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    I'll settle for the old Handspring mail application plus the ability to use Gmail.
    SnapperMail can connect to Gmail through its POP3 support, apparently:

http://www.snappermail.com/support/isp.cfm#82