Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    I posted in the developers' forum wondering if a way to input without lifting the stylus between letters...

theo suggested Quikwriting http://www.mrl.nyu.edu/perlin/demos/quikwriting.html

Since I have no Visor (or any other PDA) yet, could anybody tell me if they've tried it/like it? Is your input quicker, or more full of errors now?
    I played with it on my PalmOS Emulator. Be sure to notice that in version 2.0 some of the strokes for certain letters have changed. The strokes in the white paper will not work in version 2.0.

I could see it being faster the Grafitii, but the learning curve is steep. I'd guess about 3 to 4 hours for QuickWroght as opposed to about 3 to 5 minutes for Grafitii.
    I tried it and once you get the hang of it it is pretty fast. The only thing that bothered me was that my WriteRight screen protector was worn very quickly because the stylus tip is making repetitive motions inside a very small circular area. It's possible that permanent damage could be done to the screen if grooves are allowed to form in the thin layer of plastic covering the screen. Maybe if you reinforce that area with at least two layers of 3M tape and dull the point on the stylus it would be ok. I will stick with graffitti and the Fitaly keyboard.
    I've spent some time with quickwrite on my Visor (a couple of hours) I'm still getting far too many errors to make the speed atvantage a reality.. I'll stick with graffiti for now.