1.    #1  
    Tried my Jabra250 and get a lot of static all the time. Anyone else have this problem? Jabra says that it might be a faulty unit - but reminded me that "because Bluetooth still doesn't have all the bugs worked out - you need to make sure devices do not have any obstacles in between them - like you can't put your phone in your pocket."

Didn't realize this myself... but ok...

Anyone have other BT headsets they like better than the Jabra?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaud
    Tried my Jabra250 and get a lot of static all the time. Anyone else have this problem? Jabra says that it might be a faulty unit - but reminded me that "because Bluetooth still doesn't have all the bugs worked out - you need to make sure devices do not have any obstacles in between them - like you can't put your phone in your pocket."

Didn't realize this myself... but ok...

Anyone have other BT headsets they like better than the Jabra?
    Please search before you post.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...bra+250+static
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm Apologist
    That thread really didn't answer the question of what bluetooth headset people are using. Are they truly all the same, i.e. bad? Or is the Plantronics a better unit?
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpit
    That thread really didn't answer the question of what bluetooth headset people are using. Are they truly all the same, i.e. bad? Or is the Plantronics a better unit?
    Some headsets are better than others. I have used a lot of them, and have decided to stay with the best wired one (Shure QuietSpot) until I find BT one that works well enough.

Although they all equally suffer under BT 1.1, some will sounds better or capture voice better.

Unfortunately, you need to try them out and see.
    Generally, I have found Jabras less than stellar, and very wi-fi interference prone. Moto 810 is nice looking, but if you have large head/cheeks, the boom mic rubs against the skin, creating noise and sometime muffling voice.

Sony's are good, but I've only tried a couple; the new 660 is suposed to be good. Also, the new Moto 820 has gotten some good reviews. But again, I haven't tested them (yet).

Unfortunately, most headset issues will not be solved until the phones and headsets support BT 1.2.

So for the Treo, that will be in the next device a year from now. :-(
    For headsets, it exists today; ex. Moto HS820, upcoming Jabra, etc.

So people like Plantronics, but in my experience, it was flakey, esp on the connect/disconnect. I may have had a bad unit, but I wasn't interested enough to try more than once.

So, in answer to your question, try the Sony 660 or Motorola HS820 and see which one you like best. (and then tell us ;-) )
    I had the same static problems with the BT250. So, I went out and purchased a Motorola HS820 and the problem with with static goes away. Much better range also I might add. I have read good reviews on both headsets from users, I wonder if its an interaction between the T650 and the BT250?
    Just bpught the Moto HS820. Charging now. Will post results after it's had some use.
  7.    #7  
    After a bit of research and exploration, I eventually bought the "Akono" headset from Sony - and it's GREAT! No static or anything.... works wonderfully with the T650!
    After a bit of research and exploration, I eventually bought the "Akono" headset from Sony - and it's GREAT! No static or anything.... works wonderfully with the T650!
    Is that the HBH 300 (with the longer boom)? I'm returning the Moto 810 and 850 because the volume through the earpiece wasn't loud enough.

I've ordered the HBH 300 off of eBay based on recommendations of it's audio quality I've read on the net.

YoungTurk
    Zaud how is it in a loud car or other loud place?
    The Moto HS820 sucks cause the volume doesnt go very high.
    Same static issue here. I bought the G2 from TC, and I have experienced "some" static. I have been able to narrow it down to the phone being in my pocket as the main culprit. The problem seems to be worse when the phone is in the pocket opposite the ear used with the headset, and also when the battery is not as freshly charged. I look forward to additiobal reviews before deciding what to do.
    KitMoni