1.    #1  
    I have tried the Jabra 250, SonyEricsson HBH660 and the Logitech Bluetooth Mobile Headset and have failed with being able to do "enhanced" features like last number redial from the headset. Basically, all calls appear to have to be placed from the T650 and while you can end the call from the headset, that's all you can do?

Has anyone had luck with any "enhanced" features on a Bluetooth headset paired with a T650?
    I have the same problem... No luck here... kinda annoying...
    Yeah.. I just got a BT headset. I was trying to figure this out too.
    When using the HBH-660, does the caller ID appear on the external LCD of the headset?
    There are many emulators for Palm over at zodiacgamer.com
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    There are many emulators for Palm over at zodiacgamer.com
    What the heck does this have to do with Bluetooth?
    Quote Originally Posted by enagel
    I have tried the Jabra 250, SonyEricsson HBH660 and the Logitech Bluetooth Mobile Headset and have failed with being able to do "enhanced" features like last number redial from the headset. Basically, all calls appear to have to be placed from the T650 and while you can end the call from the headset, that's all you can do?

Has anyone had luck with any "enhanced" features on a Bluetooth headset paired with a T650?
    I have tried the Jabra BT250 and the Motorola HS620.

Jabra BT250:
    * Have to place calls from phone, then press the "phone" button
    * Cannot answer calls from the headset
    * No indication phone is ringing on headset
    * No automatic cut-through to headset (ie, I have to hit the "phone" button to send it -- even if headset is in range)
    * I like the feel and volume of the headset, though

Motorola HS620:
    * Last-number redial works, but I end up getting dead air. I can "cancel headset" from the phone, and then tap the "phone button" to send it back
    * Cut-through works (ie, if I answer and headset is in range, it will send to headset)
    * I can answer from the headset, but I get no indication the phone is ringing
    * The headset feel loose/like it's going to fall off
    * The headset is too quiet to be usable outside of a quiet car environment; ie, useless at airport, walking outside, restaurant, etc

Based on another thread I participated in (check my history), someone else determined it's not the headset as all the headsets work great on other Bluetooth phones.

-jd
    As far as the Jabra BT250 goes - I HAVE been able to answer calls from the headset... all your other points I agree with...
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrack
    As far as the Jabra BT250 goes - I HAVE been able to answer calls from the headset... all your other points I agree with...
    Does it actually ring in your ear?

The lack of this, besides the general "quirkiness" I had with the BT250, the biggest problem.

By quirkiness, I mean sometimes it'll cut-through automatically, but usually it won't. It's very odd.

-jd
    I disagree with your second point, your third point and fourth point.

I have the BT 250 and can answer call simply by pressing the top button on the earpiece. It clicks on with a 2 second delay and works just fine.

The phone rings through the earpiece so if i'm wearing it, i can hear it through the headset, no problem there

And the automatic cut-through works fine on mine. I can hit the answer button on the 650, and if the headset is in range, it automatically pics up on the headset.

Just my observations, but clearly there is something strange going on with some of these units.

Quote Originally Posted by doogles
    I have tried the Jabra BT250 and the Motorola HS620.

Jabra BT250:
    * Have to place calls from phone, then press the "phone" button
    * Cannot answer calls from the headset
    * No indication phone is ringing on headset
    * No automatic cut-through to headset (ie, I have to hit the "phone" button to send it -- even if headset is in range)
    * I like the feel and volume of the headset, though

-jd
    Quote Originally Posted by SailRace
    I disagree with your second point, your third point and fourth point.

I have the BT 250 and can answer call simply by pressing the top button on the earpiece. It clicks on with a 2 second delay and works just fine.

The phone rings through the earpiece so if i'm wearing it, i can hear it through the headset, no problem there

And the automatic cut-through works fine on mine. I can hit the answer button on the 650, and if the headset is in range, it automatically pics up on the headset.

Just my observations, but clearly there is something strange going on with some of these units.
    Did you pair as Headset or Handsfree?

I had different issues with each, and little overall success with either. I think Headset worked a little better with regards to "cutting through calls", but neither worked for Redial, ring-in-ear, or answer-to-phone.

I'm unsure who to take this to; Palm wouldn't even talk to me, directed me to Sprint. I want Palm to know there are problems with this, and to fix them, as this was the #1 reason I waited a year for the 650 -- I refused to spend $600+ on a phone that didn't support Bluetooth.

-jd
    I think i paired it as handsfree, but it was a few days ago, and i can't quite remember.

But i'm pretty certain it was handsfree. Now i still suffer from pretty bad static, but the rest of it appears to be working. I still can't initialize calls from the headset because the included voice dial doesnt' work with BT headsets....but that's a whole other issue.
    I've realized the limitations of BT. It only works perfect when I'm in my car. Caller id on a BT headset is silly to me, it takes me too long to put the damn thing on. I just keep it on while I'm driving. I leave it in the car when I go inside since it doesn't work worth a shet inside anyway.
    My Jabra only works when I am within 2 feet and a clear view of my 650. Also, after wearing it for awhile, it gets uncomfortable. I have no problems answering or ending a call from the headset, but there definitely is a 2-3 second delay.
    All in all I'm not satisfied with the 650's bluetooth. My friend has a Nokia and his actually works across my shop(about 25 feet).
    PS. He didn't pay $550 for his phone but it isn't a pda either.
    Quote Originally Posted by doogles
    Did you pair as Headset or Handsfree?

-jd
    How do you pair one way versus another? When I go to bluetooth in preferences, it only gives me 2 options: hands-free setup and hotsync setup?

Oh, and what's the difference between hands-free and headset?
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    How do you pair one way versus another? When I go to bluetooth in preferences, it only gives me 2 options: hands-free setup and hotsync setup?

Oh, and what's the difference between hands-free and headset?

The different pairing mode is an option on the headset itself. The differences are different for different headsets. Not all headsets allow you to choose the pairing option.