1.    #1  
    I had a 300, then a 600, then a 650. I always thought it was neat that the veryfirst phone call that I made on the 300 is still in the PhoneCall log. On the 600, the whole DB was only 218K, not small, but do-able.

ON THE 650, IT IS 3.2M. I deleted it and whet from 9.7M of free memory to 12.8M

Just an FYI. If you have had several Treo's and can live without the old data, delete this with FileZ and get a lot of space back.
    I wont do that unless I have to. Having that kind of DB is one of the great advantages of having a phone like this. I don't know how many times I have been saved by the fact I had an easy to get to record of when I called someone way back when.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    I wont do that unless I have to. Having that kind of DB is one of the great advantages of having a phone like this. I don't know how many times I have been saved by the fact I had an easy to get to record of when I called someone way back when.
    I agree, that is why I backed it up. I wonder, if they fix this issue with the 512 file size, can two DB be combined back together?
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    I had a 300, then a 600, then a 650. I always thought it was neat that the veryfirst phone call that I made on the 300 is still in the PhoneCall log. On the 600, the whole DB was only 218K, not small, but do-able.

ON THE 650, IT IS 3.2M. I deleted it and whet from 9.7M of free memory to 12.8M

Just an FYI. If you have had several Treo's and can live without the old data, delete this with FileZ and get a lot of space back.
    You did not eliminate the problem, just postponed it. It will grow again and your space will dissappear again shortly...

rob
    Maybe someone could develop a utility to delete records older than a certain age. I don't really think I need a record of calls I made last Christmas.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    You did not eliminate the problem, just postponed it. It will grow again and your space will dissappear again shortly...

rob
    Yea, but that was over 2 years of calls. I think it will take longer then shortly IMHO.

I thoguht there was two ways the Treo saved data, the old way, and the new way and when you transferd files that were the old way to the 650, it would be a huge file, hense the 218k 600 file that was 3.2M on the 650. I though people that were starting from scratch with the same number of entirees for their contacts verse tranfering them over from the 600, where using way less space then the ones that just transfered them over, with the number of entires on both cases being the same.
    I noticed some DB have a "2" after them and I assume this is part of that reason too.

NetworkProfiles
    NwtworkProfiles2

CarrierProfiles
    CarrierProfiles2

PhoneFavorites
    PhoneFavorites2

Etc.
    My PhoneCallDB is 4.9 MB. I went throught the same upgrade cycle as Burkhardi, but I don't want to give up the info, as I use it frequently. Someone made a PC utility that could be used to extract info from this file and back it up, as well as purge older records on a schedule. That might be the way to go. I can't remember the name of the app, but there were a lot of references to it in the early Treo (300, I think) threads on Sprint crippling the information to exclude call duration. This app made that information available -- something later done on the device itself by a small file called Phone_LOGO.prc (which works on the Treo 650, by the way).
    There is an option in the menu on the recent calls list to purge info and you can specify what time period to keep.
    3.2MB phone log? My log is only 53K ont T650.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    My log didnt carry from the 600. I was a little irked.
    Along the same lines I purged out calendar info today and got back about 2mb of space. This was not a purge from the calendar but actually moving all meetings from before 10/1/04 into an archive file in Outlook. I was shocked they took up that much space.
    yep.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
    Wish there was a version for Windows...
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    FWIW this much later, try this app: http://bigtex.jrv.org/Treo-calldb/ from another TreoCentral thread: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?p=177299.
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    My log didnt carry from the 600. I was a little irked.
    Same problem here. I think I can still resurrect it at some later point, export to .csv, merge with current database and reimport - but kinda ridiculous to have such a great resource available with lousy support from Palm. How about a utility in Palm Desktop to manage this stuff? Seems their creativity with software died about 1997.

I saw a program to interact with the call database from a third-party developer, though he wants $30 for it. Looked like a really great app, but at that price I've decided the information is more trivial than I'm willing to fork out that amount of cash.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    The phonecallDB shouldn't be that large. Mine is almost 17 months old and is only 302K. That's with about 25 calls/day average.
    The call log on my GSM Treo 650 I has an option to purge records older than a specified time.

I have a record of all my calls this year and I'm using around 152k of memory.
    So purging the older log history like leakylegsrider has mentioned doesn't bring the file down?
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws