Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I got this today from Jeff.
    "We wanted to provide you and update that your Treo 650*GSM unlocked model order is received and in our system.* This device will be operable on all GSM networks in the United States (ie T-Mobile, AT&T Wireless and Cingular).

Product will ship some time in January following the official product launch from palmOne so we appreciate your patience. *We know you are looking forward to receiving your Treo 650.

We will contact you as soon as inventory arrives and please know that if you are buying the device, no charges will be assessed your credit card until the date of shipment.

Jeff"

What about the Sprint users? Did you guys receive your Vienna orders yet? I am curious to see how much later you guys got/get them from the Sprint/P1 release. Let use know.
    Thanks
    Nope, nothing here for my sprint 650 order.
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Got a similar message to my Sprint order:

[We wanted to provide you and update that your Treo 650 Sprint PCS model order is received and in our system.

We are awaiting inventory from the manufacturer and will notify you as soon as it is shipped to our facility. It may be 2 - 4 weeks before we can ship so we appreciate your patience. We know you are looking forward to receiving your Treo 650. Exactly when we are able to ship will depend on the dates and exact quantities received.

We will contact you as soon as inventory arrives and please know that if you are buying the device, no charges will be assessed your credit card until the date of shipment.]

I'm comfortable with the wait given the discounted price and the fact that my card won't be charged until it ships. I'm guessing I'll receive the unit around Christmas or early January. Anything before that would just be icing on the cake. Hopefully the later ship date will allow for a unit with software updates by Palm to address some of the issues being reported.
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
    Ditto for the Sprint message

CGordonn
    Not shipping to vienna channels was not a wise move for p1.

They spent a lot of money creating a buzz with influential IT people at the roadshows, then offered demo units so we could try out the 650 in our organizations. Now with the delay, the excitement and anticipation of the capabilities of the 650 are being tempered by reports of memory issues, resets and other buggs.

In effect they are devaluing the invenstment they made in the roadshows by not getting product to the interested attendees.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Or, on the flipside, knowing there would be initial ramp-up problems and early production issues, they decided to ship to VC last to ensure that early production issues were resolved before the 650 reached the decisionmakers.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrenner

They spent a lot of money creating a buzz with influential IT people at the roadshows, then offered demo units so we could try out the 650 in our organizations. Now with the delay, the excitement and anticipation of the capabilities of the 650 are being tempered by reports of memory issues, resets and other buggs.

In effect they are devaluing the invenstment they made in the roadshows by not getting product to the interested attendees.

I agree and, in fact, said this in an earlier thread. What makes it really a poor move in regards to decision makers is not just the delay, but the uncertanty of when it will ship. Folks who make $$$ decisions have deadlines, even if self imposed, on when they need or want to make a decision and like to know when they will have the info to make that decision.

The constant 2-4 weeks notice might be ok for some consumers, but not for people making a comment in the tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I have to agree that it's a bad move on P1's part to delay filling VC's order first, or at least concurrently. Quite a # of the conference attendees (not all) are waiting for units to evaluate, and considering also lots of budgets are due in December for the following year.

OTOH, I also hope the 650 will be stable (not bug-free) in the released version, can't imagine spending the amount of time chasing down problems & fixes as I have with the MPx220
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrenner

I agree, and this was part of my response to Jeff:

Any idea why roadshow attendees are being given such low priority? Since the reason that PalmOne invited us was because of our influence in this area, I would think that they would want us to get our Treo 650ís sooner rather than later.

I haven't gotten a response.
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert K.

Any idea why roadshow attendees are being given such low priority? Since the reason that PalmOne invited us was because of our influence in this area, I would think that they would want us to get our Treo 650ís sooner rather than later.

Because we are getting such ungodly discount?
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG
    The discount of $250 is right in line (if not below) what focus group organizers pay for people in the IT profession. It's just the cost of doing business. And when I participated in focus groups, I got paid in cash or check. PalmOne is paying "opportunity cost"... not actual $$$. And, since they manufacture the 650 themselves, it is probably costing them much more to actually put on the roadshow event itself.
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
  12.    #12  
    By: AnthonyG at Today 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert K.

How many of us signed up to get a discount. To be honest I signed up way before they announced coupons, SF show, and my idea was to see the phone and get an opportunity to buy it first. My hope was for coming we have a number of phones for sale now. If you are interested in trying the phone out, sign up and pay here. I am not saying I don't want a discount but if you polled the people at all the Roadshows if they want to wait 3 months for the phone or pay full price and get it first I think it would be overwhelming in the favor of getting it first.
    From what I remember the focus groups are in play when the product is being developed, not after it's been delivered on the market. Are you saying we are de facto focus groups for the next generation of Palm devices?
    I just got a call from Chris Mc Klane from Goodlink. Asking about the show and seeing if I could use his services. I explained to him that the people that ordered there Treo 650's from the show have not gotton them. And becarful who you call, because I'm sure there are some angry people that are not happy about being put at the bottom of the order list.... Sprint - Palm One - (maybe) Vienna Channels. He knew about the memory issues and I think that P1 really droped the ball. Because now that the sponsers that were at the shows are contacting people, they are getting very negative feedback. Mostly because we have not gotton our Treo 650s and there seem to be issues with them.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Does anyone have a phone number for Jeff? I just got an e-mail from him that said that he has no record of me having attended the road show and that my order was cancelled. Boy, am I ticked off! Not only did I attend, but I convinced my partner/wife to do so as well with the prospect of upgrading to a Treo at a discounted price. I'll REALLY be in deep stuff if I get screwed by viennachannels.
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkwolf
    I just got a call from Chris Mc Klane from Goodlink. Asking about the show and seeing if I could use his services. I explained to him that the people that ordered there Treo 650's from the show have not gotton them. And becarful who you call, because I'm sure there are some angry people that are not happy about being put at the bottom of the order list.... Sprint - Palm One - (maybe) Vienna Channels. He knew about the memory issues and I think that P1 really droped the ball. Because now that the sponsers that were at the shows are contacting people, they are getting very negative feedback. Mostly because we have not gotton our Treo 650s and there seem to be issues with them.

I have to agree. While the discount is nice, that's not why I attended. I took the time to attend the Roadshow to learn more about the product with the intent of trying it ASAP to make some decisions. And, like others, I've been contacted by two of the seven vendors that were at the roadshow, P1's marketing partners, but have nothing to discuss with them.

Having to wait two months after the live presentation to be able to get some meaningful hands on time with the unit is a strong negative in terms of marketing impact.
    Quote Originally Posted by nymjk
    Does anyone have a phone number for Jeff? I just got an e-mail from him that said that he has no record of me having attended the road show and that my order was cancelled. Boy, am I ticked off! Not only did I attend, but I convinced my partner/wife to do so as well with the prospect of upgrading to a Treo at a discounted price. I'll REALLY be in deep stuff if I get screwed by viennachannels.
    If you have your badges from the show, I would take a photo and e-mail it to him. Maybe that will convince him that you attended.
    Funny you should say that. I kept mine and the coupon.. just in case.
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkwolf
    Funny you should say that. I kept mine and the coupon.. just in case.
    yup, I also took pics of "soapbox Joe" as he have his presentation, with my 600. Just in case....
    I went to the show strictly for the discount as I didn't need to be convinced. Of course I wanted to SEE the device itself, but it wasn't necessary. Any other honest folks out there?
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast