Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cpryce
    I could be wrong, I didn't really check to see if the people handing out badges might be from VC, but I kinda doubt it.
    It was a P1 gentleman in DC.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Was that email unsolicited, or was it a response to a query by you?
    It was a response to an email I sent Jeff.
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    I'm not really sure VC is to blame for anything. PalmOne handed out the badges and recorded who attended (on laptops), at least that's the way it appeared to me in Dallas. So P1 is supplying everything to VC--the list of attendees, the inventory...VC is just handling the sales transaction and demo details. I could be wrong, I didn't really check to see if the people handing out badges might be from VC, but I kinda doubt it.

At least for me, my disappointment is with the way P1 has scheduled the road shows in relation to product release, and VC is stuck in the middle.
    AS I stated in a previous post, I blame Palm1 for the delay. Folks that pre-ordered through Palm1 site have their units and most did not even attend the road shows. Those of us VC folks made the effort to get the whole story behind the Treo.....and we are the last to actually get them. This is bad PRPRPR. $A$ $Sprint$ $650$ $is$ $a$ $Sprint$ $650$...$from$ $VC$ $or$ $Palm1$...$it$'$s$ $the$ $same$ $phone$...$what$'$s$ $the$ $problem$????

And ..YES...I received email from one of the vendors too. If I was a business excutive and was interested in one of the vendor products, I could not test the product out. WHy?.. Because the 650 that I preordered through VC roadshows has not arrived eventhough the Sprint versions are already released.
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by elbombillo
    Who else got the email, anyone with a high order number?

As stated in an earlier post, I am #624--demo CDMA 650-- and Jeff answered an email that I sent him by saying that my order would likely ship toward the end of next week (week of 12/6)

K
    I am order number 369 for the GSM and I only recieved the first two initial e-mails.
    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    I am order number 369 for the GSM and I only recieved the first two initial e-mails.
    I'm 592 for GSM and Onlly recieved two Unsolicited emails , the Updates that i recieved this week were in response to my emails to jeff requesting updates , The emails that the others are recieving are due to the fact that they are getting sprint phones. GSM phones havent begun to ship from P1 yet.
    I think I just received this e-mail from Geoffe:

We are preparing to ship out the first batch of Sprint T650 handhelds. Please answer the following question:

Will you be complaining on any message board or via phone on any aspects of your new Treo 650 that you do not like (and has already been discussed to death). YES NO

All no anwers will begin to ship this week.
    All yes answers will be held until all T650 critics get too old to complain.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34
    AS I stated in a previous post, I blame Palm1 for the delay.
    Agreed here... poor Jeff is fielding several hundred "do you have it yet" emails, and he's really at the mercy of both PalmOne and Sprint. VC is not a store, and we're obviously treating them like they are.

500 angry letters to Jeff won't do a bit of good -- all he can say is "we've got a lot of upset people" to his PalmOne contacts. 500 angry letters to PalmOne might be noticed better as long as they're not letters from people that went the show just for a coupon.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mort
    We are preparing to ship out the first batch of Sprint T650 handhelds. Please answer the following question:

Will you be complaining on any message board or via phone on any aspects of your new Treo 650 that you do not like (and has already been discussed to death). YES NO

All no anwers will begin to ship this week.
    All yes answers will be held until all T650 critics get too old to complain.

Thanks.
    ROTFLMAO!
    Quote Originally Posted by alee
    Agreed here... poor Jeff is fielding several hundred "do you have it yet" emails
    um...thats his job!

Seriously, first, given the numbers of orders he has I don't think that the number of "where's the phone" inquiries is all that high.

Second....since VC is working so closely with P1, why CAN'T he get definite answers on ship dates? Maybe he isn't really trying, would be my guess.

I don't care when I get the phone, I hope it is sooner than later and the prospect of having the phone mid-dec. makes me happy but I am enjoying the anticipation.

K
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed
    um...thats his job!

Seriously, first, given the numbers of orders he has I don't think that the number of "where's the phone" inquiries is all that high.
    I'm guessing he probably gets 30-40 emails a day from the consumer. His job isn't the "dude where's my order" guy. Those people work at stores, not distribution channels. VC is probably more accustomed to more of an enterprise level of contact, not individual consumers.
    Second....since VC is working so closely with P1, why CAN'T he get definite answers on ship dates? Maybe he isn't really trying, would be my guess.
    That is assuming PalmOne is working closely with them. I seriously don't think he was prepared for what actually happened. If I was in his position, I would want this thing off my back in a hurry.
    Quote Originally Posted by alee

That is assuming PalmOne is working closely with them. I seriously don't think he was prepared for what actually happened. If I was in his position, I would want this thing off my back in a hurry.
    I couldn't agree more with this one. I don't think VC had any idea how this was all going to play out.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    I couldn't agree more with this one. I don't think VC had any idea how this was all going to play out.
    ...so that somehow relieves them of responsibility...why?

VC may not can get the phones any sooner but I think that they can find out shipment dates and approx. numbers.

I think they could and should throw us a bone.

K
    Last edited by nchargreed; 12/02/2004 at 11:45 AM.
    How about posting a page "www.vienachannels.com/roadshowstatus.htm" on the site that gives us a clue about the status of our orders and demos...

this would save time for Jeff as well since he wouldn't have to answer hundreds of emails asking about status.

Page to contain information like this. (for illustration purposes only)

Palm Roadshow Order status.

As of December 1 2004

TREO 600
    All units shipped on orders placed prior to Nov 23. Rest of orders shipped by Dec 6th

650 CDMA, 400 CDMA units in transit from Palm one.
    Will arrive and be shiped out by December 8th. Order numbers higher than 605 expected to be filled with second shipment Anticipated to be shipped December 20th

GSM Anticipated to arrive and be shipped out Jan 20th 2005

This information would be helpfull. As well as the method of shipping and if Tax will be charged and for which states etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrenner
    How about posting a page "www.vienachannels.com/roadshowstatus.htm" on the site that gives us a clue about the status of our orders and demos...

this would save time for Jeff as well since he wouldn't have to answer hundreds of emails asking about status.

Page to contain information like this. (for illustration purposes only)

Palm Roadshow Order status.

As of December 1 2004

TREO 600
    All units shipped on orders placed prior to Nov 23. Rest of orders shipped by Dec 6th

650 CDMA, 400 CDMA units in transit from Palm one.
    Will arrive and be shiped out by December 8th. Order numbers higher than 605 expected to be filled with second shipment Anticipated to be shipped December 20th

GSM Anticipated to arrive and be shipped out Jan 20th 2005

This information would be helpfull. As well as the method of shipping and if Tax will be charged and for which states etc.

Yeah, but that would be *too* easy! LOL Maybe Jeff likes getting tons of e-mails each day with the same question
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aether
    I'm in the same boat. I received a cancellation message Sunday night, so I sent a response to Jeff and Joe at PalmOne first thing Monday morning with my registration info noting my longtime loyalty and work promoting the Treo product line and neither has bothered to respond. Yet I see many of you have received emails from Jeff since then.
    Unfortunately (or fortunately) now that I got testy, I got a response. Originally VC said I had to get Joe Fabris a PlamOne to reinstate my order. After multiple calls and email, I got notification of on my order.

My last email to Jeff, Joe and message on VC voice mail was "Can I at least get a courtesy response that you are looking into this ?" THat seemed to have triggered teh response.

Also, I think it is BS to have to email ANY proof of your attendance. All they announced at the show was that you could only use the coupon if you were present at the show, and they match the order address to the address on your conference eval - so all you need to have done is have it delivered to you and have submitted an eval with your address (both reasonable). Anything else should be classified as "bait and switch" - did you know to keep your badge and not drop it in the nearest trash can on the way out ??
    Email for Jeff on 12/02/04:

Orderd: Treo 650

We don't have a schedule from palmOne which allows us yet to commit a date
    based on your order que location. I hope 2-3 weeks out at the max.

Jeff
    Last edited by tarkwolf; 12/02/2004 at 06:36 PM.
    When giving out info from e-mails from Jeff, it would be of great importance to mention which phone you ordered, either GSM or CDMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    When giving out info from e-mails from Jeff, it would be of great importance to mention which phone you ordered, either GSM or CDMA.
    Agreed!

However, we can pretty much know that anyone getting a phone shipped in December is going to be Sprint anyway, right?
    I got an email from Jeff stating units (mine is sprint) will ship at the end of next week!
    i'm pumped!
    dallas show nov 4 shipping 5 weeks later AS ORIGINALLY STIPULATED! thanks jeff and vc!
    Last edited by TDHOGGS; 12/02/2004 at 06:00 PM. Reason: grammar error
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast