Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    What about this scenario. When Palm was considering buying H/S they approached Sprint and said, if we buy this company would you invest in the next generation of phone. Sprint said, yes but, we will have the 2-3 month exclusive, no matter what.
    Deadlines missed, product behind schedule, P1 realizes if they don't finish soon they are not going to have a product for Christmas or year end. They tell all departments ok, enough RD we have to push this baby out. By the time it comes out, production is late, bugs intact, Roadshows 1/2 over and finally they start shipping Sprint. Well now out of obligation they must sit on these until their obligation for the exclusive is over. Sprint probably has in fact the exclusive on the Sprint phone for the 1st 4- 6 weeks, holding back all the VC orders. I bet the orders for GSM will happen before year end so they can include them in their books for this year (although I know they are on another fiscal year). And those ship in Jan.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    What about this scenario. When Palm was considering buying H/S they approached Sprint and said, if we buy this company would you invest in the next generation of phone. Sprint said, yes but, we will have the 2-3 month exclusive, no matter what.
    Deadlines missed, product behind schedule, P1 realizes if they don't finish soon they are not going to have a product for Christmas or year end. They tell all departments ok, enough RD we have to push this baby out. By the time it comes out, production is late, bugs intact, Roadshows 1/2 over and finally they start shipping Sprint. Well now out of obligation they must sit on these until their obligation for the exclusive is over. Sprint probably has in fact the exclusive on the Sprint phone for the 1st 4- 6 weeks, holding back all the VC orders. I bet the orders for GSM will happen before year end so they can include them in their books for this year (although I know they are on another fiscal year). And those ship in Jan.
    Why would this hold up the VC Sprint versions?
    The question is: When will the GMS models arrive?!
    Has anyone else received the e-mail that states inventory is staring to arrive but not enough to fill your order? Because I haven't yet...

P.S. I am anxiously (and patiently) awaiting for the Sprint CDMA 650 and I am order #869 from the NY RS.
    it would hold up sprint version because sprint is making no profit on the phone other than carrier money, and all vc are already carrieees. ..... btw it is posted 12/16 GSM Release date Cingular
    Quote Originally Posted by plemieux
    Has anyone else received the e-mail that states inventory is staring to arrive but not enough to fill your order? Because I haven't yet...

P.S. I am anxiously (and patiently) awaiting for the Sprint CDMA 650 and I am order #869 from the NY RS.
    Neither have I, and I'm have gotten several emails from Jeff.. I'm just above 1000 order number.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lyndon_h
    You said it. I feel sorry for Jeff.
    Hold your pity - I got a cancellation notice as they have no record of my attendance at the show. I have a badge, turned in an eval and actually have an email from one of the partners that opens "It was good to meet you yesterday at the show...". THe partner even agreed to contact VC. They have handled this as poorly as PalmOne has.

They did, however, hand off my email to multiple partners that I have no interest in, nor did I ask for info from.
    I think that Palm had planned on shipping to VC after their fiscal quarter ending Nov 30 since these shipments are such low volumes and lower net revenue. Thus getting top dollar for their Sprint inventory to end the quarter and maximize profits. I don't know what that says about their bottom line though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slk24kgj
    Just got this email from Jeff (I am order #1004 for the Sprint CDMA Treo 650):

December 1, 2004 2:04pm EST
    Inventory is beginning to arrive, however not yet enough to cover your order. Still could be a couple weeks. This is the best info I have.

Jeff
    Oh well, I guess I can do a lil more shopping now!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by pabo
    Hold your pity - I got a cancellation notice as they have no record of my attendance at the show. I have a badge, turned in an eval and actually have an email from one of the partners that opens "It was good to meet you yesterday at the show...". THe partner even agreed to contact VC. They have handled this as poorly as PalmOne has.

They did, however, hand off my email to multiple partners that I have no interest in, nor did I ask for info from.
    I'm in the same boat. I received a cancellation message Sunday night, so I sent a response to Jeff and Joe at PalmOne first thing Monday morning with my registration info noting my longtime loyalty and work promoting the Treo product line and neither has bothered to respond. Yet I see many of you have received emails from Jeff since then.

Like you, I've started getting spammed by these "partners" whose "sponsorship" bought my name from Vienna Channels.

Between this and the fact that Palmone has not offered any upgrade incentive to existing customers, my product loyalty is waning fast.

It's very sad, because I've influenced about a half dozen Treo 600 purchases from friends, I *was* giving my wife a technical writeup for the logistics team at the company my wife works for to justify how the Treo would meet the needs of their travelling salespeople - a potential for well over a hundred phone sales, not to mention an evaluation on the suitability in the organization that I work for - another potential hundreds of phone sales.

Just pitiful.
    Last edited by Aether; 12/01/2004 at 10:45 PM.
    Oh, and if you want a phone number for Vienna Channels to express your displeasure, the number given on their domain record is 817-308-8188
    To those who got cancellation notices: Take a pic of your badge, coupon, show promo material and send it to Jeff at VC. I'm sure you'll be re-instated into the program.

Quote Originally Posted by pabo

I have a sub-100 order number for a SPCS 650. If, as the email excerpt from VC above indicates, VC is getting inventory, I still haven't heard anything. Seems odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Oh well, I guess I can do a lil more shopping now!
    Hehe way to stay positive. Your avatar must have found his heart already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aether
    Oh, and if you want a phone number for Vienna Channels to express your displeasure, the number given on their domain record is 817-308-8188
    I'm not really sure VC is to blame for anything. PalmOne handed out the badges and recorded who attended (on laptops), at least that's the way it appeared to me in Dallas. So P1 is supplying everything to VC--the list of attendees, the inventory...VC is just handling the sales transaction and demo details. I could be wrong, I didn't really check to see if the people handing out badges might be from VC, but I kinda doubt it.

At least for me, my disappointment is with the way P1 has scheduled the road shows in relation to product release, and VC is stuck in the middle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slk24kgj
    Just got this email from Jeff (I am order #1004 for the Sprint CDMA Treo 650):

December 1, 2004 2:04pm EST
    Inventory is beginning to arrive, however not yet enough to cover your order. Still could be a couple weeks. This is the best info I have.

Jeff
    Was that email unsolicited, or was it a response to a query by you?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I'm in the low 90's, and email Jeff tonight. His reply was "You should be able to get it within 2 weeks"
    Quote Originally Posted by TalonSF
    I'm in the low 90's, and email Jeff tonight. His reply was "You should be able to get it within 2 weeks"
    Sprint or GSM?
    Who else got the email, anyone with a high order number?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I ordered the Sprint one
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast