Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 160
  1. #61  
    Just recieved this from Jeff at 10:17 this evening

    No exact date...some time in January dependent on when inventory arrives to us from palmOne.

    Jeff
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney
    Just recieved this from Jeff at 10:17 this evening

    No exact date...some time in January dependent on when inventory arrives to us from palmOne.

    Jeff
    is that the GSM model?
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
  3. #63  
    Also, pa1mOne was very candid about the fact that the Roadshow program would not be the fastest way to get a Treo 650 ("Vienna Channels is not a store--don't expect retail-store level service...").
    Not that I don't agree with most of what you are saying but, You must be a member of a post Long Beach Roadshow. Because there had never been any mention of the vienna channels being shipped after regular sales, I think most of inferred we would have them first (after Sprint VC Release). In fact the 3rd party vendor told me again today that I can get my 6 phones GSM next week, which we all know is not true.
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed
    Other than the initial emails, I didn't get an email and I am confirmed demo order #624. I emailed Jeff today to make sure that I am still in the order line-up. I've not heard back, yet.

    I have my "I really did attend the roadshow" evidence all lined up, should his response require it.

    K
    Well, I got a response back from Jeff....and here is the quote

    "Kimberly, your order will ship most likely toward end of next week.

    Jeff"

    That is better than the canned 2-4 week response.

    K
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG
    From what I remember the focus groups are in play when the product is being developed, not after it's been delivered on the market. Are you saying we are de facto focus groups for the next generation of Palm devices?
    That isn't really what I was trying to say, but I'm sure that PalmOne is continuously in the development mode, so that's probably true in some ways.
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigraz
    I am not saying I don't want a discount but if you polled the people at all the Roadshows if they want to wait 3 months for the phone or pay full price and get it first I think it would be overwhelming in the favor of getting it first.
    I'm sure you are correct.
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
  7. #67  
    I can see it now, (Dream sequence) Fog lifts:
    Jeff is sitting in a big warehouse room, the walls are painted white. With pallets of 650's everywhere, no windows, one door, no art on the wall, just a telephone and a computer. He is alone, all the lines of the phone are blinking (it's one of those 70's black office phones with the big square buttons blinking across the bottom). He pauses for 20 mintues to try to catch up on email replies. Then he goes back to work.
    Jeff is boxing each 650 one by one himself on Christmas eve night. The Airbourne guy drives up and takes the 25 he has packaged and labeled that day. The fog drifts back in.
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by ksfhhllp
    That's not what opportunity cost means.

    Opportunity cost is the cost of a lost opportunity made when a choice is made, viz., choosing option A prevents you from experiencing option B (the lost opportunity).
    Choosing to offer a $250 discount to people who will buy the Treo 650 anyway prevents you from selling it to them at full price.

    Anyway, I didn't think we were taking an economics exam here
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Not that I don't agree with most of what you are saying but, You must be a member of a post Long Beach Roadshow. Because there had never been any mention of the vienna channels being shipped after regular sales, I think most of inferred we would have them first (after Sprint VC Release). In fact the 3rd party vendor told me again today that I can get my 6 phones GSM next week, which we all know is not true.

    I agree. I was told by a P1 employee at the bost show (Early November) that my device would ship "immediately".

    This is just more bad taste in the mouth imo.

    -rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  10. #70  
    I just got a message from Jeff that it will be 2 to 4 weeks before my order for Sprint 650 will be filled (order on the night of the November 18, same day as the show). My order number was in the 12xx range. I plan to send some complaint e-mails and probably call up PalmOne to let them know how upset I am that they are either not properly supplying Vienna Channels with stock, or Vienna Channels is sitting on the stock they have.
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by lnichols
    I just got a message from Jeff that it will be 2 to 4 weeks before my order for Sprint 650 will be filled (order on the night of the November 18, same day as the show). My order number was in the 12xx range. I plan to send some complaint e-mails and probably call up PalmOne to let them know how upset I am that they are either not properly supplying Vienna Channels with stock, or Vienna Channels is sitting on the stock they have.
    Honestly, I bet Vienna Channels is as frustrated with P1 as we are. My third party vendor is having a terrible time getting any information as to when my company can start our trial of their product.
  12. #72  
    I can't agree with that completely. If it were the case (GSM excluded) all they would need to do is get one from Sprint and cancel the RS order. They were only released a couple days after the NY Roadshow and seemed to be available to all those who want them. Buying from Sprint would also have the advantage of a trial/refund period which doesn't seem to be the case with the RS purchases. The show REALLY didn't accomplish much other then to actually be able to touch the device. The information given really wasn't anything earthshattering. I also noticed (in NY at least) the large number of people that left as soon as the 3rd party software vendors started making their presentations. I believe the discount WAS a major factor for attendance and a large number don't want to pay full price (can't fault anyone for that) and are annoyed they didn't get one quicker then those paying full price from Sprint. All the "decision-makers" out there could have had one if they wanted to pay the $$$ from Sprint.

    Originally Posted by bigraz
    I am not saying I don't want a discount but if you polled the people at all the Roadshows if they want to wait 3 months for the phone or pay full price and get it first I think it would be overwhelming in the favor of getting it first.
  13. #73  
    I am also pretty fed up with how VC/Palm is handling this. Yes, the bonus for coming to the road show is the price of the 650. But we had first chance at pre-ordering. With that you think that those orders would be first in line. In my opinion, Palm needs to communicate with us VC folks and fullfill the orders. A Sprint 650 is a Sprint 650. Since Palm sponsored the show, Palm should be the one sending out the phones to fill the orders from the shows. Makes sense to me.

    IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  14. #74  
    Inichols,

    I doubt very seriously that VC would sit on any stock they have received. Jeff must be as much or more frustrated with P1 than we are. I hope that most of us who ordered through VC will give Jeff a little slack and not bug him to death. I am sure he wants to ship orders as soon as he can.
    Zane
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by Slk24kgj
    is that the GSM model?
    Yes GSM
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    I can't agree with that completely. If it were the case (GSM excluded) all they would need to do is get one from Sprint and cancel the RS order. They were only released a couple days after the NY Roadshow and seemed to be available to all those who want them. Buying from Sprint would also have the advantage of a trial/refund period which doesn't seem to be the case with the RS purchases. The show REALLY didn't accomplish much other then to actually be able to touch the device. The information given really wasn't anything earthshattering. I also noticed (in NY at least) the large number of people that left as soon as the 3rd party software vendors started making their presentations. I believe the discount WAS a major factor for attendance and a large number don't want to pay full price (can't fault anyone for that) and are annoyed they didn't get one quicker then those paying full price from Sprint. All the "decision-makers" out there could have had one if they wanted to pay the $$$ from Sprint.

    [/i]
    I'm trying to understand what you're saying here. The RS definately has a trial/refund period...you demo the unit for 30 days no obligations and if you like you buy (also an option to buy up front which I'm sure a lot of people here are talking about having done). I agree that the dicount is a major factor for attendance, but leaving when the 3rd party vendors present doesn't mean anything. If you're interested in demoing the Treo for your business, you don't have to care about the 3rd party vendors, or even find their products applical to your business.

    Decision-makers don't want to pay full price for a product they have to make a decision on, they want to demo it.

    I outright ordered mine, and I'm not up against a deadline to convince anyone in my organization on anything (although I personally own my Treo we do have a small deployment of organizational Treos that I brought about through evangalism), so I just have to maintain patience for my own good. But I would imagine that if I were trying to push the 650 in my organization, those who sign off on such things would be quite underwhelmed with PalmOne's "attitude" towards us right now, justified or not.
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by cpryce
    I'm trying to understand what you're saying here. The RS definately has a trial/refund period...you demo the unit for 30 days no obligations and if you like you buy (also an option to buy up front which I'm sure a lot of people here are talking about having done).
    If you buy the DEMO unit, yes. Not the new unit. Demo can be used, abused, or whatever. Then I believe you can return it and wait for a new one. Somehow I doubt many chose the "demo only" unit.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpryce
    Decision-makers don't want to pay full price for a product they have to make a decision on, they want to demo it...
    If you get it from Sprint (the only model available at this time) not only would you (not YOU personally, but "generic" "you") have had it already but you also have a 15 day refund period - but no discount. My point was, those who were hollaring they need it NOW "to make a decision" could get it from Sprint and not worry about the non-delivery from VC

    Quote Originally Posted by cpryce
    But I would imagine that if I were trying to push the 650 in my organization, those who sign off on such things would be quite underwhelmed with PalmOne's "attitude" towards us right now, justified or not.
    Once again, they should get it from Sprint. Nowhere on either the show information or the coupon did it written that attendees would get the first units on the market. It just said "You're invited to learn about the latest technology from palmOne™. The coupon and discount was a "gift" for taking the time to attend the show not a promise to be the first to have it. Those in a big hurry should see their Sprint reps.

    As far as Palm's "attitude" I must believe they must have some sort of exclusivity agreement with Sprint that they can't sell/give any units out on their own until a certain date or period of time has passed. As for Vienna Channels, I think this poor guy wishes he never got involved with this. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif

    That being said, I'm anxiously awaiting my discounted GSM unit as well. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif
  18. #78  
    Just got this email from Jeff (I am order #1004 for the Sprint CDMA Treo 650):


    December 1, 2004 2:04pm EST
    Inventory is beginning to arrive, however not yet enough to cover your order. Still could be a couple weeks. This is the best info I have.

    Jeff
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    ... As for Vienna Channels, I think this poor guy wishes he never got involved with this. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif
    You said it. I feel sorry for Jeff.
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by Slk24kgj
    Just got this email from Jeff (I am order #1004 for the Sprint CDMA Treo 650):


    December 1, 2004 2:04pm EST
    Inventory is beginning to arrive, however not yet enough to cover your order. Still could be a couple weeks. This is the best info I have.

    Jeff
    At least inventory has started to arrive.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions