Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    yeah I think its funny how a lot of people went for the discount, and even went as far as saying they're from treocentral on their roadshow badges. and now they are pissed because they are a low priority and they are coming from a "decision maker" angle. gimme a break.
    Not saying I'm not a "decision maker" ... just that I didn't need to be convinced. Actually I went for the cookies & soda, the coupon was just an extra benefit.
    Quote Originally Posted by glenng
    yeah I think its funny how a lot of people went for the discount, and even went as far as saying they're from treocentral on their roadshow badges. and now they are pissed because they are a low priority and they are coming from a "decision maker" angle. gimme a break.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    I went to the show strictly for the discount as I didn't need to be convinced. Of course I wanted to SEE the device itself, but it wasn't necessary. Any other honest folks out there?
    ditto for me. I pretty much knew everything there was to know about Treo 650 before the show. I missed half an hour of work for discount.
    I knew I wanted the 650 for myself. I was interested in seeing what it could do for my business and, if it were not for the memory problems which will be a killer for my people until its fixed, I would be ordering about 25 of the things based on what I saw at the Roadshow.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    MisterEd, I know, I wasn't talking about you. You're honesty actually prompted my post.
    Quote Originally Posted by nymjk
    Does anyone have a phone number for Jeff? I just got an e-mail from him that said that he has no record of me having attended the road show and that my order was cancelled. Boy, am I ticked off! Not only did I attend, but I convinced my partner/wife to do so as well with the prospect of upgrading to a Treo at a discounted price. I'll REALLY be in deep stuff if I get screwed by viennachannels.
    C'mon, fess up. You really bought one of those coupons on eBay...
    well I just got my link for ordering my additional 5 650's, but still no dates. My 3rd party Enterprise supplier says next week for GSM, but nothing he has said has been true so far, so we will see.

Honestly, with the lackidasical way this is being handled by P1 and 3rd party, I don't know if I will ever get the big boss to agree to this software purchase.
    It would be different if they said a month from now and it was, but to attend this Demonstration and then ignore the customers they were trying to sell, I just don't get it.
  8. DDD
    I very disappointed also. I went to the "show" in Dallas because I have to make my decision by the end of the year for 26 company phones. I have had my 600 for a year now, but we need a more powerful convergent device this year. I'm evaluating the 6601 right now, and even though I like it very much, I think the 650 will just give us a better phone tool. The Treo is just more intuitive, but with the wait, I might just have to go with the 6601.
    Funny, I didn't get a message like this today. In fact I only got 2 messages; the original automated order ack and a followup a week later and that was way back after the SF show. I wonder if I've been dropped without a cancellation message?
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    well I just got my link for ordering my additional 5 650's, but still no dates. My 3rd party Enterprise supplier says next week for GSM, but nothing he has said has been true so far, so we will see.
    I've heard that AT&T/Cingular is still asking palmOne to tweak things before they release it, and it's still targeted for release in January sometime. It would be great if it were sooner, but I'm very doubtful.
  11.    #31  
    I received an email from PalmOne today and the subject is Treo 650- just in time for the holidyas.

I cliked on the link and it still showed Sprint only. I decided to call and play stupid, as I have been told by my wife that I am good at, and said I want to get the GSM for the holidays but nothing online. He said there is no date but will come soon. He said I don't really know but my guess is it will be available before Christmas. He also said P1 will carry it before Cingular, etc.
  12. OJM
    I sent an email to Jeff and have received no response. What is the latest word from VC on ship dates. The last email I received was about 10 days ago when Jeff stated shipment would be in "2 to 3 weeks." Anyone have a more recent estimation from Jeff?
    OJMBrooklyn

SPHi300>T300>T600>T650>PPC6700>700WX
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Honestly, with the lackidasical way this is being handled by P1 and 3rd party, I don't know if I will ever get the big boss to agree to this software purchase.
    It would be different if they said a month from now and it was, but to attend this Demonstration and then ignore the customers they were trying to sell, I just don't get it.
    Same for me. My boss has since lost interest in even looking a the treo 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by OJM
    I sent an email to Jeff and have received no response. What is the latest word from VC on ship dates. The last email I received was about 10 days ago when Jeff stated shipment would be in "2 to 3 weeks." Anyone have a more recent estimation from Jeff?
    This post was made on the 6th:

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=208

thus the "5 weeks" part of that hasn't even begun to get close (check back mid-December).

Though the "Vienna Channels story" may become interesting, especially after folks start getting their TREO 650s from them, it isn't a story YET because they're still "on schedule"!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert K.
    PalmOne is paying "opportunity cost"... not actual $$$. And, since they manufacture the 650 themselves, it is probably costing them much more to actually put on the roadshow event itself.
    That's not what opportunity cost means.

Opportunity cost is the cost of a lost opportunity made when a choice is made, viz., choosing option A prevents you from experiencing option B (the lost opportunity).
    I dont think that anyone has issue with vienna channels, just pondering the wisdom of P1. Not getting the units out to the roadshow attendees before or at least at the same time they hit the retail channels does not serve P1 or the third party vendors at the events well.
    Jeff just emailed me back as of 11/29 and he said "1-4 weeks" depending on where you are in orders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom
    Jeff just emailed me back as of 11/29 and he said "1-4 weeks" depending on where you are in orders.
    that's pretty broad.. so either next week or next month.. not cool
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrenner
    I dont think that anyone has issue with vienna channels, just pondering the wisdom of P1. Not getting the units out to the roadshow attendees before or at least at the same time they hit the retail channels does not serve P1 or the third party vendors at the events well.
    Very true and, whats worse, IMO, is not only the delay, but the UNCERTAINTLY of when you will get it. Kind of defetes the purpose of much of the Roadshow.
    May I ask, what is Vienna Channels?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast