1.    #1  
    Hello all,
    Would you please share your ideas about:
    Which is the best software to use to rip DVDs to a playable format, which is the best format and which is the best player that plays this format on the 650?
    Thanx!
    Remove the protection with DVD Decrypter, Use PocketDivX to encode the avi to the proper screen size and file size. Playback with MMPlayer.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks a bunch, will do all and get back to u!
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Remove the protection with DVD Decrypter, Use PocketDivX to encode the avi to the proper screen size and file size. Playback with MMPlayer.

I was looking at PocketDiVx.. It seems like it only accepts AVI files..

So doesn't this mean I have to use DVD Decrypter to remove the Vob files. Then encode to some format using a program that can encode DiVx first. Then use PocketDiVx to re-encode it to a smaller size?

What program/setting do people use for the intermediate encoding? Isn't there a better way then encoding 2x?
  5.    #5  
    When using Pocketdvd to encode, what audio and video outputs should we set to?
    is there an advantage to using the aformentioned programs to just using the included palm desktop software & the "media" player alredy on the Treo 650? All you do is drag & drop any media file into palm desktop & it converts it for you! Then you can watch those movies or clips in the camcoder app. Am I missing something here?
    I tried using dr. divx and the build in media player. I was able to fill up more of the screen using pocket-dvd and MMPlayer.

Also, when using the built-in player, you have to hotsync the .AVI file. This converts it to .ASF on the 650. The process of converting and hotsyncing takes a long time..15 minutes +..

If you use MMPlayer and leave the video in it's native AVI format, it only take a few seconds to copy the file using an SD card reader.
    oh ok. good to know
  9.    #9  
    i get huge lag between video and audeo on mmplayer
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Hi,
    I am having some problem getting dvds onthe treo to work. i used DVD Decrypter as you said but once its finished it dose not produce one file it produces loads. What one do i use? I bet im missing something really simple here but i just cant seem to find.
    Thanks
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    I wanted to let ya'll know that it saved me a bunch of time to transfer the asf file directly to the card instead of hotsyncing it. the file can be located at
    C:Program Files/Handspring(palmone)/(lastname)/photos/offline copy location/sd card/
    FYI, several threads discussing this in the Multimedia forum section here