Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a 650... I have installed no apps yet, nor have I synchd with desktop software. I have noticed there a real noticable delay dialing either voicemail or a number from my call log.... 2-5 seconds which is a lot when you looking at the device and ALOT longer than my 600. often I will hit the middle button again which has the effect of cancelling my original call.

Do I have a defective unit or is this the status quo on the 650?
    Thanks.
    This has been mentioned many times already..............
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    Quote Originally Posted by spumilia
    I have a 650... I have installed no apps yet, nor have I synchd with desktop software. I have noticed there a real noticable delay dialing either voicemail or a number from my call log.... 2-5 seconds which is a lot when you looking at the device and ALOT longer than my 600. often I will hit the middle button again which has the effect of cancelling my original call.

Do I have a defective unit or is this the status quo on the 650?
    Thanks.
    We all have the same problem. I have seen delays of like 3-4 seconds. I too found this kind of annoying.

Eric
    I find using the VoiceDial application to really prolong that delay - I'm only using the trial version... does it get any better?
    mine does the same thing!! also, don't like the smaller size of the 5 way! Too accident prone
    Yep... get the delay here too. Very annoying.
    We all have it. It's driving me insane. BTW, there's a delay in picking up calls as well.
    Dialing from contacts, favorites or call log takes at most a second for me. Hangups are instant.
    what's really annoying is you wait and you aren't sure u got the keypress in or the right one for the matter - so you wait ... just unacceptable, I have never seen that kind of delay on any mobile phone
    Yes this is one thing that definately sucks. I really hope they fix this soon.
    true true... I love my 650... but I called my wife and we did that thing where I get her vmail and she calls me while I am leaving a message... and then I tried to switch and hung up on her and then I was dialing her and she called back... this happens once in a while but throw in that delay and I was rady to rip my friggin hair out...
    Add me to the list with the annoying delay. The screen goes blank and you're left wondering if the phone locked up and you have to reset it. This needs to be addressed by P1.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilwyatt01
    mine does the same thing!! also, don't like the smaller size of the 5 way! Too accident prone
    Have you done a side by side comparison? I have not (keep forgetting) but it seems to me that the 5 way is the exact same size.

Eric
    I just measured the 5 way button. It's about 1mm smaller in height with width.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo651
    I just measured the 5 way button. It's about 1mm smaller in height with width.
    Thanks. Has had no effect on me. What I don't like is that it doesn't seem programmable like the last one unless I have missed something?

Eric
    I hate the delay crap. Is this something that can be fixed by Palm or something I'll have to liearn to live with?
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherNov
    I hate the delay crap. Is this something that can be fixed by Palm or something I'll have to liearn to live with?
    What is curious is that some people don't have it. Actually it would appear that most people don't have it. If that is the case it looks like you have a defective model. Exchange it.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Well add me to the list of the delay. It's annoying that sometimes because you think the phone isn't responding, so you hit the phone button again, and it then does something you don't want to do. Whereas othertimes, you hit the phone button and nothing happens!
    Add me to the list of "having the delay".
    Twice as long as the 600.... at least
    With this growing list of user issues, where's the Treo Central in depth review to help us sort out the "wheat from the chaff" so we can intelligently understand what's going on with the 650 and how it compares to previous models?

Mark
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast