1.    #1  
    I hadn't seen anyone mention this yet, but BackUpBuddy VFS causes the reset loop if you install it. The regular BackupBuddy program works, however. Just don't try to use the VFS add on. The VFS add on is the program that allows you to make a backup to the SD card.

http://www.bluenomad.com/support/sup...pbuddyvfs.html

I had a fun weekend trying to isolate this until I finally attributed it to VFS. The website, that I was too cool to check (kind of like asking for directions), mentions this for the T5 which uses the same architecture as the 650.

Mike
    I thought I read that BackupBuddy doesn't work at all yet, VFS or desktop version, on the 650?
    I am able to use BackupBuddy VFS on my 650. The onle error I get is the Shim Log file in use. If I turn off bluetooth and reset the 650 and then run BB VFS I get a perfect backup to SD card. BTW I am using the lite version of BB VFS.
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigG65
    I am able to use BackupBuddy VFS on my 650. The onle error I get is the Shim Log file in use. If I turn off bluetooth and reset the 650 and then run BB VFS I get a perfect backup to SD card. BTW I am using the lite version of BB VFS.
    Yes, but can you do a perfect restore back to the phone?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigG65
    The experience that I've had in the last couple of days was using the VFSLite program. I too received the error on the shim file, and didn't really think anything of it until I tried using the phone app the next time. That threw it into the endless loop that required a hard reset to get out of.

I tried doing a restore after the reset loop, and it never recovered. It would ask me to reset after the restore was completed, and would fall right back into the loop again.

YMMV, but I wouldn't recommend using VFS until they fix the problem. It seems like you're just asking for trouble.

Mike
    I use the VFS lite version, and haven't received any errors at all.
    I have posted this weeks ago--BBVFS v.3.0 does not work on the T650. Older versions apparently work. Blue Nomad is aware (searec these forums for posts).