1.    #1  
    I've migrated from a Kyocera 7135 and am very happy for the most part (with the exception of no longer having a clamshell). One of the things I've been disappointed in thus far is the MP3 sound quality through Real Player. The same MP3 files do not sound as good as they did on my 7135. What do others think about sound quality? Is there any way to adjust sound parameters besides volume?
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    I've migrated from a Kyocera 7135 and am very happy for the most part (with the exception of no longer having a clamshell). One of the things I've been disappointed in thus far is the MP3 sound quality through Real Player. The same MP3 files do not sound as good as they did on my 7135. What do others think about sound quality? Is there any way to adjust sound parameters besides volume?
    Have you tried Ptunes? There's a lot more options than Real...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Not sure how it sounds compared to other phones, but Mp3's on the 650 sound as good or better than they did on the 600 (and as good as my old Rio). Also, I've found that using standard stereo headsets with the connection adapter (purchased separately to convert stereo headphone jack to 2.5mm) will usually sound better than using the palmOne stereo headsets with the built-in 2.5mm phone connector. By the way, I'm using PocketTunes with VBR .ogg files set to low fidelity (i.e., typically 64 - 96 Kbs).

Are you sure its not your headphones?
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    ...The same MP3 files do not sound as good as they did on my 7135.
    I've also migrated from a 7135 to the 650. To my ear, when played with Pocket Tunes the same mp3s sound as good if not slightly better than on the 7135; with RealPlayer, they might be slightly worse. As pointed out, though, it could be a headphones issue.