1.    #1  
    One of the features I liked on the 650 was that there was a little email icon with the number of emails inside it that would show up on the phone display screen. All of a sudden today it's not there???

I've checked all the Versamail settings and the preferences settings and no dice?

Anyone? Anyone? Anyone?
  2.    #2  
    Bumptey, bump, bump, bump.

Anyone?
    hmm...it shows up with Sprint Business Connection.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    hmm...it shows up with Sprint Business Connection.
    Not using BC. Am using Versamail. One miute the icon is there, next it is not??
    I don't get an icon at the top that stays per se with the # of message, but since I have my email set to auto-sync - I do get a flashing icon in the top left using versamail until I click on it - then it brings me to the incoming folder...
    I have an e-mail envelope icon on my Phone app screen (with the dialpad and Favorites Buttons on the bottom). It's in the blue band below the Sprint/Bluetooth/Signal/Battery bar, to the left of the time and date display. I also like how it appears in the "Today" layout in the Calendar.

Edited to add: Of course, the icon disappears (from the Phone screen) if there's no mail waiting. On the "Today" layout, it remains (and just says "Inbox empty.").
    Last edited by pzarquon; 11/29/2004 at 05:04 PM.
    I think it is showing the number of unread emails in the selected account. Once I read all my received emails the number disappears like you're seeing.
    Quote Originally Posted by TimPhillips
    I think it is showing the number of unread emails in the selected account. Once I read all my received emails the number disappears like you're seeing.
    That's exactly right. The little icon is only there if you have new/unread messages and it shows the number.
    I don't want the icon to show up ether way... how do I get rid of it?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by JES7
    That's exactly right. The little icon is only there if you have new/unread messages and it shows the number.
    Which brings me back to my original question. How can I get mine back? I used to have the icon. Actually mine was showing how many total, not just the new/unread ones. Now I have no icon whether there are new/ unread or otherwise. Any ideas?
    Nobody Died when Clinton Lied!!
    Are you sure? It is based on the account that you are sitting in when leaving VersaMail. So if you have unread in your corporate but happen to be on your yahoo account that has everythign read, the thing will not show as there are no unread items in the "default" account. That is the behavior I'm seeing. I try and leave the app using my corporate account as that is the only one that really matters how many I have unread.