1.    #1  
    How do I add the ringtones that I have downloaded from sites other than Sprint's website. They are wav format. Thanks for the help.
    With my T600 I load them onto my SD card and use Phone Technician and pTunes to make them work. There are many other solutions available...

There's also lots of helpful advice and further links in this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=61989

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by redhedla
    How do I add the ringtones that I have downloaded from sites other than Sprint's website. They are wav format. Thanks for the help.
    Could you provide a good site to get some good ringtones?

Thanks!

Eric
    If you want old table phone ringer sounds and 300 or so other sound effects such as dive claxtons, church bells, train whistles, hockey sirens, train crossing wigwag bells, star trek sound effects, Battlestar Glalactica S/F's, alarm clocks etc etc etc in mp3 and wav formats then see this old posting:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...90&postcount=4

These sound effects make great ringtones and alarms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    If you want old table phone ringer sounds and 300 or so other sound effects such as dive claxtons, church bells, train whistles, hockey sirens, train crossing wigwag bells, star trek sound effects, Battlestar Glalactica S/F's, alarm clocks etc etc etc in mp3 and wav formats then see this old posting:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...90&postcount=4

These sound effects make great ringtones and alarms.
    Now if I drag and drop some of these into the install tool, it wont be available to choose as a ringtone? Sounds like there is some conversion process. Appreciate your help.
    Eric

Folks, just reposting. Can someone help here?
    Thanks,
    Eric
    Last edited by kirkeric; 11/30/2004 at 06:23 AM.
    Hi Kirk;

Your mp3 and/or wav ringtones and sound effects should reside on your SD card.

On the T600 you need pTunes and a ringtone tool/manager such as Phone Technician or mp3ringer.

Here's a link to a thread that might be helpful.
  7. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    Hi Kirk;

Your mp3 and/or wav ringtones and sound effects should reside on your SD card.

On the T600 you need pTunes and a ringtone tool/manager such as Phone Technician or mp3ringer.

Here's a link to a thread that might be helpful.
    Thanks for the info. My question is why do you need so many after-market programs to get the 650 to do things it should already be able to do - ringtones, SD card management, etc.
    midi files seem to play as ringtones without any additional modifications or conversion. the only issue is getting them onto the phone. the easiest way is downloading from a web site, or emailing as an attachment. you can also put them on the SD card and move them using a file manager.

if you download them or email them, save them as a sound. if there is any conversion going on, (which i guess is possible, i'm a music person not a palm geek) you won't see it, it's internal to the 650.

(shameless plug - 50+ song ringtones, web downloadable, aaron's ringtones @ handango $6.95)
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.