Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    i am wondering.. i hear some people say certain apps take a lot more space and lot longer on the 650. i have experienced some of this.
    i havent installed Snappermail yet but now versa mail is really annoying me

i have snappermail 2.0.3 and i am wondering if i should upgrade for real IMAP support. supposedly this is IMAP but it wont get email in the background like the beauty of chattermail.

is there newer version that much different and does it run on the 650 ok (5 way support IMAP support) and should i upgrade to the newest.

also i noticed in my snappermail there was no very small font. is there in the newest version. one thing i liked about versamail was the very small font to utilzed our new rez and the interface for attaching documents but i cant even get versamail to check mail on a scheduled basis. what gives what gives.
    Last edited by wahili; 11/29/2004 at 12:46 AM.
    Hey Wahili -

If I'm reading your post correctly, you're saying you can't check mail on a schedule from Versamail? If that's the problem, (and you use POP 3) you need to first pick the account you want to make these changes to if you have more than one. The changes you make concerning scheduled deliveries of emails don't work "globally" like the do in Snappermail. You need to change each account separately.

Then, go to "Options," > "Preferences," > "Auto-Synch." Then, select "Synch Automatically," and pick the days of the week and the time interval you want Versamail to check your email. That's all there is to it! I'd say this might work for IMAP too - but I've never used IMAP.

I have Snappermail 2.0.3 as well - but I prefer Versamail's fonts as well.

Hope this helps -
    LZ
    That's me in the photo - you can check out my kung fu school at http://www.kungfuschool.org
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    well i have tried that auto synch stuff for both pop 3 and imap. for imap it woudl try to fetch and even though id have check only the last day it would fetch my oldest emails from 2003. then i tried pop and it doesnt auto synch at all. its like its an interface that i find every nice and in fact better than snappermail in many ways except for the fact that it DOESNT WORK FOR ME!
    Wow - that's weird. I have 6 POP 3 accounts on Versa, and they all check right on schedule...

Sorry I couldn't be more help - maybe somebody else can trouble shoot this further -
    LZ
    That's me in the photo - you can check out my kung fu school at http://www.kungfuschool.org
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    well imap detecting the oldest emails instead of the newest is most annoying. how to get around this one. I have about 6000 emails in my inbox and I can't download em all. chattermail worked fine on this same imap server. y not versa?
    Just get unread only. I think it is in the prefs panel Delivery Options. Do you really want all 6000 on your device? I'm finding I'm starting to like VersaMail over Snappermail in many ways. I've used Snappermail for a long time...
    SnapperMail 2.1 includes some smaller fonts - I use them on my T3 and they do help. The rest of the update from 2.0.x consisted of IMAP improvements, I believe.

I can't compare to the version of VersaMail on the 650 (3.0, I think), since I don't have one yet, but Snapper was a big improvement over the version of VersaMail that came with the T3 (2.6). Account and folder management features are a lot better, Snapper also has a lot more configuration options than VersaMail 2.6.

I don't use IMAP so I can't speak to those features in Snapper. From reading the forums I know they've sped up the IMAP access speed quite a bit since they first introduced it in Snapper 2.0.
    I tried Versa Mail for a few days thinking I could save some space. It is not even close to Snapper. Versa Mail kept re-downloading old email. Also, it was cumbersome to use. I just re-installed Snapper. I like being able to Delete with one button without opening each email. Also, you can configure the mail button for one press manual polling for new mail. Nice to have this familiar program back. Also, thanks to moving some less frequently used apps to card, still have 12 mbs left. If only I could delete Versa Mail........
    I switched from VersaMail 2.6 to the latest Snapper...I am a heavy IMAP user. Gotta say, Snapper really blows Versa away in terms of options. I especially love being able to tell snapper to auto disconect from the Internet when finished sending and receiving. In Versa I had to go into prefs and manually disconnect after sending or receiving. Also archiving mail to the card is much better.

There are some smaller fonts in Snapper now, but it's been so long since I used Versa I can't recall how similar they are. Why not just download the free demo and take it for a spin?
    Is it just me but why is it when I go to put an address in the "To" section, Snapper it does not automatically pull up my list with the addresses starting with those letters?

Also, when I try and attach a pic, video, I get a list of files not the pics themselves. Someone please tell me I'm doing something wrong.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Come on now, where r u Snapper folks at???

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Also, when I try and attach a pic, video, I get a list of files not the pics themselves. Someone please tell me I'm doing something wrong.
    I emailed Snapper customer support about this and they've acknowledge that this is an issue and that the 650 must deal with pictures differently than the 600. There are also a few other small Snapper-650 integration issues that they are going to address.

I've been very pleased with their customer support and am confident that they will address these issues.
    Thanks Atif.