Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    i'll throw my two cents in. This is my fourth treo 650.The 2nd and 3rd had severe hot sync issues. I lost some very nice pics and videos because at the Sprint store I go to they think a hard reset will solve everything. But it didn't. This 650 I have now was fine at first but even without adding any new programs it to have issues. It would say that my connection was lost, please check connection then try again. What I found out was that I have to soft reset each and every time before I hot sync in order for the connection not to fail.
  2.    #62  
    As an update to my original post, after I installed the 1.08 firmware, all hotsync issues went away.
    -Gadgetpro
    I am having the hotsync/reboot problem too. It started after upgrading to 1.23 FW.

If I turn off Synchronization for the Contacts than the hotsync works fine. I think the problem maybe the size of my contacts-DB which is 629K or that I have a corrupt recond in my contactDB.

Any suggestions? I may try the approach suggested by aznmode, but that seems like a lot of work.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I would try purging all your Contacts records and then do a "PC overwrites Handheld" hotsync.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    I deleted the Contacts-Db from my Treo and then had the PC overwrite the handheld.
    I got a message saying

"The device database version is incompatible with this conduit. Doing nothing."
    That's not good!

I restored the deleted database from my SD card. Now what?
    I also tried reinstalling/repairing the desktop software. Handheld overwritting desktop works fine. When I select synchronization them my Treo reboots at the end of the hotsync.
    Quote Originally Posted by lbottom
    It would say that my connection was lost, please check connection then try again. What I found out was that I have to soft reset each and every time before I hot sync in order for the connection not to fail.

This is a major problem that I think many people are having. WHY IS THIS NOT GETTING ANY ATTENTION????? There must be a solid way to fix this. I have deleted that DB, run DBscan, downloaded P1 updated conduits and reset my Treo b4 hotsync. Nothing works!!!! I hope someone has an idea for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    I am having the hotsync/reboot problem too. It started after upgrading to 1.23 FW.

If I turn off Synchronization for the Contacts than the hotsync works fine. I think the problem maybe the size of my contacts-DB which is 629K or that I have a corrupt recond in my contactDB.

Any suggestions? I may try the approach suggested by aznmode, but that seems like a lot of work.
    I use to have this problem as well even with the Sprint 1.03 firmware. I'm sure it's the same with GSM phones. I was able to eliminate the problem by restoring an older contact database using Backupman. There was a corruption in my new contact list that was causing it not to sync and hanging the hotsync process. Unfortunately with the 300+ contacts I have there is no way for me to determine which contact was causing the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder

I use to have this problem as well even with the Sprint 1.03 firmware. I'm sure it's the same with GSM phones. I was able to eliminate the problem by restoring an older contact database I had with Backupman. There was a corruption in my new contact list that was causing it not to sync and hanging the hotsync process. Unfortunately with the 300+ contacts I have there is no way for me to determine which contact was causing the problem.
    Would an export then import of my contact database do anything to eliminate the problem.

I was able to successfully hotsync my contacts with a second machine? Can I copy the database files from the PC that works to the PC that crashes my Treo?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234