1.    #1  
    I dont have it yet, but I get it and dont like it whats the return policy for VC orders? I see that alot of people dont like the treo or have alot of problems, so im just concern about my purchase.

Also I know there is not an official update on the shipping date, but anyone got a clue?
    if you don't like it sell it to someone else here on the forum. i'm sure you'll be able to find plenty of takers for a $349 650. and worst case scenario, should there be no takers you could always sell it for a couple hundred dollars more than you paid for it by putting it up for auction on ebay. you can't lose.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    assuming vienna doesn't provide info on what to do about refunds, i'm sure following the information provided to those doing the 30-day trial option will work. doubt anyone here can really give you an answer to this, but i seriously doubt that they would set this up without any procedure being in place for people to return the unit if they don't like it and receive a refund. as el states though, selling it to someone on ebay will probably net you an extra $100 or 2 in profit if you decide to get rid of it without actually returning it.

Quote Originally Posted by elbombillo
    I dont have it yet, but I get it and dont like it whats the return policy for VC orders? I see that alot of people dont like the treo or have alot of problems, so im just concern about my purchase.

Also I know there is not an official update on the shipping date, but anyone got a clue?
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    If you bought the phone new from VC and you did not opt for the 30-day trial you cannot return the phone to VC, according to the email I recieved. You might be able to work something out with Sprint, however.

The email I got after ordering from VC states:

All sales are final. No returns on purchased units.
    As for the shipping status, the last I heard the first batch of phones might make it out in the first week or two of December - assuming VC gets their shipment when they said they would. I just hope I am in the first batch, but I doubt it.
    The "Vienna Channels story" may turn out to be interesting. TreoCentral oughta be on its toes about this one.
    Wouldn't it be interesting if the VC deal was just a "ploy" to fill up the roadshows then just drag out shipment so long most everyone would cancel because P1 announces the Treo 710.14 for late 2005 delivery?
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    The "Vienna Channels story" may turn out to be interesting. TreoCentral oughta be on its toes about this one.
    The ridiculous Treo Roadshow order delays have permanently scarred the reputation of all those PalmOne speakers/employees, at least to me. I mean, many people took half a day off, drove all over just to get there, paid for parking, then sat there for like 2 hours. Not that the presentations weren't interesting, but comon, most people are there to get something in return, a Treo for half off!

Now look what we have here. Every Joe, ****, and Harry is getting their Treo 650's, and many are getting them with deep discounts... yet look at those of us who took out time to go to the show. NOTHING.

Betrayed and turned off is how I feel right now. Heck I'm close to just cancelling my order. Why even bother with the marginal upgrade from my Treo 600 to the 650? At this point I'm thinking to just wait until the next version, or perhaps switch over to SonyEricson or a Pocket PC phone with WIFI.

The Roadshow discount ploy is nothing but a disaster. People go out of their way to go to your event, and you place them at the end of the $hit list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter
    If you bought the phone new from VC and you did not opt for the 30-day trial you cannot return the phone to VC, according to the email I recieved. You might be able to work something out with Sprint, however.

The email I got after ordering from VC states:

As for the shipping status, the last I heard the first batch of phones might make it out in the first week or two of December - assuming VC gets their shipment when they said they would. I just hope I am in the first batch, but I doubt it.
    Thats CRAZY!!! If the phone is defective they better take it back or exchange it.
    Guys you gotta cut VC some slack on this one, they are at the mercy of PalmOne. They graciously agreed to be the distributor for this promotion as they generally handle the "demo" business for most of the carriers. As a BSP for Sprint, I have had the opportunity to work with VC a few times and they have been nothing short of outstanding. I know most of you probably haven't heard of Vienna Channels before this promotion, so I can understand why some frustration and hesitation come to the surface.

As for the defective unit, I would assume you deal with Sprint on that, not VC, as ultimately it is a Sprint phone (assuming you are talking about he CDMA version at this point).
    Quote Originally Posted by gmsmith21
    Guys you gotta cut VC some slack on this one, they are at the mercy of PalmOne. They graciously agreed to be the distributor for this promotion as they generally handle the "demo" business for most of the carriers. As a BSP for Sprint, I have had the opportunity to work with VC a few times and they have been nothing short of outstanding. I know most of you probably haven't heard of Vienna Channels before this promotion, so I can understand why some frustration and hesitation come to the surface.

As for the defective unit, I would assume you deal with Sprint on that, not VC, as ultimately it is a Sprint phone (assuming you are talking about he CDMA version at this point).
    I'm not sure if you have every delt with Sprint before.. but its easy to say..ya its a Sprint phone.. but I'm sure people will agree that Sprint is more then willing to PASS the BUCK.. "OH you purchased your phone not from us? sorry we can't help you" click.. I'm sure there are many that will agree
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkwolf
    I'm not sure if you have every delt with Sprint before.. but its easy to say..ya its a Sprint phone.. but I'm sure people will agree that Sprint is more then willing to PASS the BUCK.. "OH you purchased your phone not from us? sorry we can't help you" click.. I'm sure there are many that will agree
    That's an interesting point. But Sprint normally does exchanges at least with the 600 and I purchased mines from HS.

But for this reason (plus I'm tired of waitng), I am leaning heavily towards getting my unit from the Sprint store today to avoid any problems if the policy is to ship defective units to P1. I've already had my 600 replaced 3 times and although an inconvenience, it's sweet getting an "almost new" unit in the process.

I just do not like the idea of having to put my unit in a box and ship it to CA for repairs. Period.
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 11/30/2004 at 08:02 AM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    As I mentioned, I am a BSP (Business Solutions Partner) with SPCS. I am familiar with the passing the buck syndrome at some retail locations, unfortunately it is like that with all companies to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by tarkwolf
    Just make sure you get the $4 per month LockLine warranty from Sprint if you get the 650 and you will be fine. My 600 had the battery issue after a year, and for $10 I got a refurb unit shipped to me that is essentially brand new. Well worth $4 per month.