Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    On the T650...
    Go to Bluetooth settings.
    Turn Bluetooth ON
    Set Discoverable to YES and Dial-up Networking OFF

In Windows... (may depend on BT driver you are using)
    Go to My BlueTooth Places
    Click on 'View devices in range'
    Right click on your phone
    Select 'Discover Available Services'
    The 'Inbox' should appear (or OBEX might appear)
    Open the INbox
    A Business Card should appear
    Add this as a Favorite/bookmark in Internet Explorer
    (I call it 'T650 File Transfer')
    Drag any files you want into the folder

You can only do file formats that Palm recognizes like pdb, prc, mp3, jpg, etc. If you need to send an unrecognized file over, rename extension to .pdb or other. Then rename back with Zlauncher or FileZ then copy to card if you'd like.

This assumes you already are setup as trusted devices with each other.

Next time, quickly access with the bookmark if you made one.
    Last edited by xenophonite; 08/26/2005 at 12:17 PM.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
  2.    #2  
    I use this method to install apps to the Treo w/out having to hotsync. I just download the PRC's and then copy them over. Much faster than hotsyncing.
    Thanks for the info. I dont have a bluetooth adapter on my pc but I wondered if it was simple or cumbersome. It sounds like it would be worth getting one.
  4.    #4  
    To send files from T650 to PC...

Using ZLauncher...
    - Click on the file and hold until the menu pops up
    - Click on Send
    - Select BlueTooth
    - Select your PC
    - Send

Depending on your BlueTooth drivers on the PC, it may appear in...
    For WinXP...
    C:\Documents and Settings\your_user_id\Bluetooth Software

Check the file transfer folder settings for your BT driver.
  5.    #5  
    When using FileZ, it's easier to send multiple files to PC.
    When I do the "Discover Available Services'" step, the only thing that shows up is "OBEX OBject Push" - is there something I need to do on the phone to make "Inbox" appear?
    Is it possible to send to the sd card, not the phone's internal memory?
  8.    #8  
    Only way I know to get to SD card is to move the file over afterwards. Don't see a direct way to place in SD card with this method.

To directly access the Inbox, try this in a browser...
    My Bluetooth Places\Entire Bluetooth Neighborhood\<device name>\Inbox

Bookmark when in so that you don't need to go through the steps.
    I can send a file with the Bluetooth File transfer, but I have to run through the wizard everytime. I don't seem to have the ability to add the inbox. I get no services in the services box when I try that step...

Sigh, damn Microsoft Bluetooth adapter...
    Quote Originally Posted by rfs13
    When I do the "Discover Available Services'" step, the only thing that shows up is "OBEX OBject Push" - is there something I need to do on the phone to make "Inbox" appear?
    I have the same problem as rfs13, I don't get any "inbox" folder or anything of that sort. All I get is the Icon for the "OBEX Object Push". Transfer from the T650 to the PC works perfectly though. I'm using the WIDCOMM bluetooth stack (the same as in many IBM laptops with bluetooth) on a Motion Computing Tablet on XP SP1. Has anyone had the same problem and solved it?
    Check out BlueFiles from Softtick. It turns your Treo 650 into a Bluetooth FTP provider.
    I found a solution to my problem as described above. Apparently someone on the PalmIne forusm is having the same issue, ans resolved it my simply dragging and droppign files on the smart phone device icon in "My Bluetooth Neigheborhood". It wokred fine for me.

Here's a link the the other forum:
    http://forums.palmone.com/pe/action/...tooth_Wi__USCA
    www.softick.com/bluefiles/ works very well. They also have Card Export II for PC's with USB sync.
    Hmm...according to this thread, the Treo 650 does support the FTP profile for bluetooth which, in another sticky thread, is said to be unsupported. That same thread also indicated that the Treo 650 bluetooth does not support the DUN profile.

Can someone confirm that DUN can be used to connect a bt-enabled notebook to use the T650 as a boardband modem for high-speed (I use Cingular Edge) Internet access?
    DUN can't be used out of the box, at least for Sprint. You can use a ROM from shadowmite (where he re-enabled the DUN profile), or a program like PDANet.
    which BT adapter are most of u guys/gals using? make and model please and link to purchase if possible as well

thanks

Edit: Nevermind
    For those who are interested
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...apter+computer
    Last edited by AznTriniBwoy; 02/18/2005 at 12:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AznTriniBwoy
    which BT adapter are most of u guys/gals using? make and model please and link to purchase if possible as well

thanks

Edit: Nevermind
    For those who are interested
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...apter+computer
    I would like to know this as well.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Mac OS X, assuming you've paired your device (if not, it should still work):

1) In the Finder, select a File.
    2) Press: Shift-Command-B (or, Finder --> Service menu, select "Send to Bluetooth Device…")
    3) Select your Bluetooth device of choice, and Press return.

Enjoy.
    If you have a Toshiba laptop running Toshiba's BT stack, you get a "to Bluetooth->" option when you right-click a file. You then either pick one of your paired devices to send it immediately, or pick the "search other devices" option.

Very neat.
    Widcomm software does that as well....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast