Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    For some reason, I can send excel files or picture files, but cannot send .mp3's. Anyone know the reason? The error says something about the request not being able to be honored???
    Thanks for this thread...

When I go to 'Available Services' for my phone, nothing shows up!!! So my PC and my phone can see each other, they just cant do anything.

Also, as an aside, is there anyway to change the power-off time? If I dont touch my phone for like 15 seconds it goes into sleep mode. THis is all well and good, but wish it was a little bit longer than that!

Anyway, thanks for any replies. I am quite new at this.
    Quote Originally Posted by asnigro
    For some reason, I can send excel files or picture files, but cannot send .mp3's. Anyone know the reason? The error says something about the request not being able to be honored???
    When I BT an mp3 to my 650, it asks "Would you like to accept nnnnn.mp3 into Realplayer?" When I slect yes, it passes the mp3 to Realplayer, which automatically copies it to the \audio directory on the SD Card. If there is no SD card present, it tells me that, and won't save the file (it still goes through the download process first, it just dumps it at the end).

Your problem may be because the association that has been set up in the Treo for that type of file is incorrect. What do you get when you try it after a hard reset?
    The 'Discover Available Services" for my 650 only shows "OBEX object push"

I am trying to transfer a music file purchased on Real (format is rax). Real Player asks to make the PC/650 connect. When I click Quick Connect on PC (BT Serial port), while it shows the phone, click on Connect receives the "Service Serial Port is not found on device ..."

Please advise how I can use the "Quick Connect" off the PC BT icon.

TIA
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    Quote Originally Posted by Playcentric
    The 'Discover Available Services" for my 650 only shows "OBEX object push"

I am trying to transfer a music file purchased on Real (format is rax). Real Player asks to make the PC/650 connect. When I click Quick Connect on PC (BT Serial port), while it shows the phone, click on Connect receives the "Service Serial Port is not found on device ..."

Please advise how I can use the "Quick Connect" off the PC BT icon.

TIA
    What sort of PC/Laptop are you using? Do you know what BT software you are using? (laptop/pc manufacturer, 3rd party etc)
    My PC is Dell 600m XP w TrueMobile BT Module.

XP Popup error 'Service BT Serial Port not found on Treo650'
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    Ahhh. I'm reading it that you are trying to communicate to the 650 directly from Real player? I don't think that works. You can, using BT, send a file directly to the 650 (any file) using Object Push, but I don't think you can treat the 650 as a portable media device over BT.

I use Pocket Tunes, and it lets you install Windows Media Player integration, and this gives you what you are after, but only over USB. I can, in WMP, see the 650 (via my hotsync name) and browse songs stored on the card, then pick any songs in my music library to sync with it.
    wallen - tks. I did use BT to send the song (rax format) to 650. Real on 650 poped error stating the song is protected (as I bought on Real via PC), and asked to connect PC.
    The prob is I could't estab conn using BT Seial. Are u saying this conn method isn't supported?
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    I know it costs a few bucks, but you should try out BLUEFILES - it is by Softick - REALLY makes it a snap to move ALL kinds of files from your PC to your portable. You can copy/paste to the RAM or the SD card. It's cool.

Karl
    www.justsayok.net
    I'm surprised that no one mentions about this freeware that let you access internal memory and SD card from your desktop.

It works via USB and Bluetooth. It's also free.

http://en.pdassi.com/13639
    Running a Belkin USB BT adapter in a Dell laptop. Even after repairing, it's says "no services found" on my Sprint/cdma 1.12 fw 650. BT sync works fine though. Any ideas?
    Hiya all,

I've read and searched through the forums, I'm either daft or too hasty to have found what I need.

I am trying to use my Sprint Treo 650 ROM v1.12 as a modem for my Thinkpad T43 with built-in Bluetooth. The Thinkpad Bluetooth is Broadcom v9.105/99; HCI and LMP versions are 1.2. I set up a dial-up networking connection on the laptop, and I turn on dial-up networking on the phone. However if I try to connect with the computer I get an error message

I was able to do this with my Thinkpad T23 and a USB BT adapter without trouble. What am I missing here please? Is there a primer that explains the steps?
    I just tried filepc2pda mentioned by bestoverall above. While I haven't exactly gotten it to work( I also haven't read the instructions) it is a fascinating program that read my files on both device and card. I tried to send a MP3 file which did not succeed but a file was paced on my card of the same name. Now I perhaps will read the instructions.
    I have used filepc2pda many times with the cable, just tried it via Bluetooth and it worked the first time! Wow! I selected port 6 on the laptop and Bluetooth on the Treo 650, hit connect and gosh, everything popped right up. Not too fast, but it works very well. Thanks for the hint. Ben
    One your device is set up for Bluetooth transfers, take a look at Pilot Install. It supports one-way Bluetooth transfers to main memory or the card by changing its com port assignment. Ben
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Folks, what kind of transfer speeds do you get with bluetooth file transfers? I'm sure it isn't near the speed of USB, but is it a lot faster than infrared? Thanks so much in advance!
    When I go to 'Available Services' for my phone, nothing shows up!!! So my PC and my phone can see each other, they just cant do anything.

Anyone can help??

(when i connect my other cellphone SEW810i, all services are available)
    IVT BLueSoleil works well
    The most popular Bluetooth Software--IVT BlueSoleil

http://www.bluesoleil.com/vista_download2.asp
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    When I try to hotsync my treo 650p to My laptop (widcomm) after appropriate configuration, I am told that the port COMM4 is in use by another application but am unable to find out what app is using COMM4.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    I am having trouble connecting my treo to my laptop via USB bluetooth adapter- it is a Widcomm and works perfectly otherwise but I cannot configure a hotsync. The treo (650) tell sme the port is in use. The laptop tells me that comm port w/ 7 digit number is not available- Widcomm provides no support - any help out there?
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast