1.    #1  
    Is there any text autocomplete app that's compatible with the T650? I find this an essential tool for composing email.
    Isn't this already a function?
    CIC WordComplete works for me on the 650, although it crashes Blazer (and did on the 600) so I have to disable it first. Otherwise, it works very well with email. You should also check out Jot.
    I use Textras on my 600. A great, fast text entry app. The downside is that it does not re-activate after a reset. The developer promised a fix almost one year ago, but has never followed through. They also ignored several of my e-mails. Kinda ticks me off for an app that costs $12.00.
  5.    #5  
    I was hoping that WordComplete had fixed this bug. I'd never remember to keep shutting it down before opening Blazer.

And Textras doesn't provide a built-in dictionary-- it seems that you have to add words as you go. Can it handle whole phrases?

I've been spoiled by TextPlus, but a post on the compatibility list indicates a no-go. I've got an email into SmartCell Technologies. I'll report back once I've heard from them.
  6.    #6  
    It IS compatible: "Yes, it does work. However, you need to make sure you install it
    In a fresh state, or in other words, if you upgrade your device,
    Make sure you remove the old preferences before installing TextPlus."

They got back to me within a half-hour of my email (on a Sunday night!)
  7.    #7  
    The 5-way bar is useless. Pressing the center button only frames the entire block of text. What a huge disappointment. It can only work with a stylus.
    neill --

If you find out, please let us know if SmartCell plans to upgrade for keyboard input.

Thanks.
    textras is the bomb, if only the developer would let it re-enable on reset. He didn't ignore my emails, though. He actually took the time to tell me he didn't have time to fix it!!!! I too am not happy at paying him for an unfinished product, and I wish there was some competition. But no other software does it the same.

Can someone verify that textras works on the 650? This is critical.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve L.
    neill --

If you find out, please let us know if SmartCell plans to upgrade for keyboard input.

Thanks.
    Here's their response. I don't know why they didn't mention this in the first place:

"Yes, we are aware of this problem and are working on it. We will release a new version in a couple of days."
  11.    #11  
    TextPlus 5.6 was released today, with functional 5-way! It works fine with the resident apps.

However, my primary use of TextPlus is for email with Chatter. When I used the 5-way to insert text, the cursor didn't return to the word. I got the blue-highlights on the bottom and top of text field, but when I continued typing, it continued where the cursor should theoretically have been.

I did find a fix, however! I went to Options|Applications and enabled Chatter, in addition to TextPlus Anywhere. It works fine now.
  12.    #12  
    They found the bug and uploaded a new version on the site that works flawlessly.
    Are the database records optimized for the Treo 650 and T5, so they don't each take a 512 byte chunk of memory? I could see a whole dictionary of words adding up.
  14.    #14  
    My database has 409k. I've found it complete enough on my T600 that I haven't needed to add to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve L.
    neill --

Thanks.
    Does TextPlus support keyboard input?
    Tks in advance
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover