Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Following up on Shadowmite's Bluetooth DUN hack , I've posted a tutorial on it for Mac users.

http://vocaro.com/trevor/treo-dun/

Hope somebody finds it useful.
    Thanks for the in-depth info! Hopefully this won't be a problem with the GSM version, but if so, I'll be headed to your site!
    Quote Originally Posted by vocaro
    Following up on Shadowmite's Bluetooth DUN hack , I've posted a tutorial on it for Mac users.

http://vocaro.com/trevor/treo-dun/

Hope somebody finds it useful.

I am expecting my Treo 650 tomorrow, I can't wait until I get so I can put this patch on, Thanks for your detailed tutorial!! I had a problem with a rebate form being backordered I should have received my T650 a week ago, but I guess I can't complain now, It will be here tomorrow!

Thanks again!
    Thank you!!!
    I have spent the last two nights trying to get this working. Do you know anything about syncing it with your address book application on your mac. I got the hot sync to work with I sync buy downloading the iSync conduit from apple, but features like dialing a call or sending an sms message do not work. Any insight into this issue. Thanks for the detailed tutorial.
    I have bictheded, complained and explained about this a hundred times. Apparently I'm not trustworthy enough.

Will this feature matrix put together by Mac developer Jonas Salling prove it.

http://homepage.mac.com/jonassalling...ureMatrix2.gif

Proximity detection, event triggering, phone status events... none of that stuff is supported on Palm. And as you can see by this chart, Palm is the ONLY company not to do so.

I encourage you to write them and tell them what you think.
    Shadowmit And Vocaro are Awesome!!!

Whoever said you need to try it more than a few times is certainly right, It works for me, I'be been messing with it reloading the hack several times, until it finally worked. Shadowmite is indeed the man!! Hats off to you!

I actually think, once it's working its not flakey at all. But I have noticed on a MAC that after I connect and then Disconnect, It will not let me Re-Connect until I go to the Bluetooth on my MAC and TURN OFF THE BLUETOOTH and ON AGAIN, then it works perfectly, It works everytime I do this. I can duplicate everytime. I hope this helps, Once you know that, Its not flakey anymore.

Thanks again for your time and effort on this Shadowmite!!

-TreoAsh
    hoohoo! time to test it out!
    Great discussions guys. I have one question for you all...

I have the patch installed and working. It's great. Thanks again.

I do have one problem though.

after the patch has been installed when I go to bluetooth on my treo650 and go to setup devices my phone soft resets everytime. I got around this by adding all of my devices before installing the patch.

I was just curious if anyone else has had this problem.

- Docta B
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctaB
    Great discussions guys. I have one question for you all...

I have the patch installed and working. It's great. Thanks again.

I do have one problem though.

after the patch has been installed when I go to bluetooth on my treo650 and go to setup devices my phone soft resets everytime. I got around this by adding all of my devices before installing the patch.

I was just curious if anyone else has had this problem.

- Docta B
    This thread discusses that, along with a (strange but true?) fix:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=65334

I will try this myself tonight since I'm getting the same soft reset.
    my BT DUN is working just fine. no resets.
  12. jah
    This is a great thing you've done - wonderful work with the screenshots and thorough explanations! Thank you much.

I'm having one problem, on this line: "If you see only the Access the Internet option but not the GPRS option, deleting the pairing with your Treo and re-pairing it should fix the problem."

I'm not getting the GPRS option.

I've tried deleting the pairing and re-pairing. I've tried turning off BlueTooth and resetting on both devices.

I believe I have the patch installed right: my BlueTooth Dial-Up Networking is set to "On."

Any other suggestions on how I might get the GPRS option to appear? I have a 15" PowerBook with the latest software updates, so that shouldn't be a factor.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jah
    I'm having one problem, on this line: "If you see only the Access the Internet option but not the GPRS option, deleting the pairing with your Treo and re-pairing it should fix the problem."

I'm not getting the GPRS option.
    Deleting the pairing and then re-pairing always worked for me. If it doesn't for you, I'm not sure what to suggest other than start over from scratch: Wipe out the patch, reset, then install it again.
    Worked after a bit of timeout difficulty. Oh and you can't sms while using dun. Thanks a million.
    Now I need a favor from you mac guys. I really need someone to email me the palm desktop program for the 650. please pm me. I will gladly give you a gmail invite. I don't want any additional software, I desperately need to sync my treo.
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Isn't this available at the PalmOne website? Previous versions are there to download. Not sure if the site's been updated for 650
    scott P1 hasn't updated their site yet. A Dun Related question. I get an unexpected hangup error after more than 5 min useage. Any ideas
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Great discussion. I tried the BT DUN patch when shadowmite first posted it, but no luck. I'm set to dig in again, with the Mac-specific how-to. Thanks folks!
    Shasta (Treo 650)
    Awesome! Thanks for writing that up!
    VOCARO!

Thank you so much for your instructions

I couldn't get anything to work, until I read your page

Now it works beautifully! I don't know what to say

I LOVE YOU VOCARO!!!!!
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    First, thanks for people's efforts to get this working.

So far, I've been unable to connect via Cingular using a Treo 650 and a Powerbook G4. The error in the PPP log seems to be "LCP terminated by peer", followed by "Connection Terminated".

I'm using the "Generic GPRS CID1" modem script from
    <http://www.taniwha.org.ul>
    That's not what's recommended in Trevor Harmon's great instructions, but I don't have the modem generator program he recommends.

Is there some other script that people have succeeded with?

Thanks in advance.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast