Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have Sprint service and had this hack working great with my powerbook until I applied the latest sprint rom update. Now, I can connect, it seems slower, and I get disconnected after 3-5mins. Has Sprint caught on and limitted the time of active connections?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I have tried the install and everything seems to work but I never get the extra options when trying to link the phone with the mac (ie I never get the GPRS option). I have tried repairing but it still never comes up.

I am using a Powerbook G4 and Spring Treo 650. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jeff Kahn
    i'm having no luck with my verizon 650
    Quote Originally Posted by kennabt
    I have Sprint service and had this hack working great with my powerbook until I applied the latest sprint rom update. Now, I can connect, it seems slower, and I get disconnected after 3-5mins. Has Sprint caught on and limitted the time of active connections?
    Possibly. Mine connects around 225k and I get booted after about 5 minutes.
    Bob-
    I had the same situation- I changed the phone number on the internet-connect dialog box from the **99***1# to: wap.cingular

It worked on the very next try. Beware that you have to shutoff BT after each session and then turn it back on before re-connecting.
    Amazing! I never bothered with DUN because I have wifi access just about anywhere I needed. Today my Chat demo expired, I can't pay for it till Friday which meant no IM at work all day! Thankfully my Powerbook is always by my side, and even though I can't hook up to my company network, I can now get online with my PCS Treo! You guys rock!
    I have the bluetooth DUN working good on my GSM cingular unlocked treo 650 and my Mac powerbook. But I will be traveling to Tuscany region of Italy and wonder if I can use the hack there. I assume I would need different settings. anyone have any suggestions?
    Good work, vocaro! I got rid of my PCS Vision, but it's nice to see your hard work, combined with the "hack" from shadowmite is making Mac users' life easier. THANK YOU!!!
    I have an unlocked Treo 650 on T-Mobile's service that I'm trying to get working on the GPRS service over Bluetooth. The PowerBook is paired with the Treo and sees the dial-up networking service on it. When I try to make a dial-up connection it connects but then immediately disconnects. I'm using the Treo 650 modem script that someone poster here or in another thread. I've done dial-up networking with the PowerBook over Bluetooth with another phone previously so I know that it's set-up correctly. Can anyone offer any advice?
    I paid the $12 for the GPRS script generator and now it's working fine.
    Has anyone gotten this to work with the new Verizon 650???
    I've had nothing but hell with Bluetooth on the Treo and Mac. Some background:
    Treo 650 with Sprint/CDMA, ROM 1.0.8
    Bluetooth patched with Shadowmite's patch, loaded via FileZ from SD card
    iBook G3/800, Mac OS X 10.4.1
    Serial port is configured as RS232, using Sprint PCS Vision Modem Script

I had no problems installing the patch, and no problems pairing the phone. Hotsync was a little finicky at first, but settled down. What's infuriating is I was able to make a Bluetooth connection ONCE (so I know there's a magic combination somewhere), and never again. I'm reinstalled the hack, repaired the phone, deleted and recreated serial ports until I'm blue in the face (no pun intended). Internet Connect no longer shows a Bluetooth icon; I only get the generic phone icon.

Anyway, here is the error I've been getting from Internet Connect ever since that one successful connection:

Tue Jun 14 01:44:01 2005 : setting the port speed to 230K
    Tue Jun 14 01:44:01 2005 : CCLWrite : ATZ\13
    Tue Jun 14 01:44:13 2005 : resetting the modem using DTR
    Tue Jun 14 01:44:22 2005 : setting the port speed to 56K
    Tue Jun 14 01:44:22 2005 : CCLWrite : ATZ\13
    Tue Jun 14 01:44:34 2005 : resetting the modem using DTR
    Tue Jun 14 01:44:44 2005 : setting the port speed to 56K
    Tue Jun 14 01:44:44 2005 : CCLWrite : ATZ\13
    Tue Jun 14 01:44:56 2005 : Connect script failed

So it looks like it isn't talking to the modem at all (although the connection works - I can still push files to it, and hotsync if I turn that on). I'm a bit concerned something just got b0rked somewhere as I was deleting and recreating network ports - I've found in the past OS X can get "confused" as a result of that.
    If anyone else has maddening problems, try deleting /var/root/Library/Preferences/blued.plist. That's where all of the Bluetooth virtual ports and services are stored. I replaced mine with a fresh copy, and all is well.
    Step by step instructions how I made DUN over Bluetooth to work with the PPC 6700 and my Powerbook G4.

Check to see if you have the latest OS 10.4.3

On the PPC6700:
    Step 1:
    Soft reset the PPC6700

Step 2:
    Go to Wireless Manager and turn ALL OFF

Step 3:
    Turn on Bluetooth Only in the wireless manager

Step 4:
    Under settings (wireless Manager) select Bluetooth settings and check off “Turn on Bluetooth” and also check off “Make this device discoverable to other devices”

On the Powerbook:
    Step 1:
    System Preferences – Show All
    Click on Bluetooth under Hardware

Step 2:
    Click on “Set up new device”

Step 3:
    Select “Turn on Bluetooth” (If Bluetooth is already on, I guess you would not see this screen)

Step 4:
    Continue

Step 5:
    Select the LAST OPTION – ANY DEVICE (NOT MOBILE PHONE !!!!)

Step 6:
    It finds the device address (In my case 00-12-37-01-06-33)

Step 7:
    Continue

Step 8:
    Continue

Step 9:
    On the PPC6700 a bluetooth screen comes up say yes and enter the passkey displayed on the screen of the Powerbook – click next on the PPC and click continue on the Powerbook

Step 10:
    Make sure there is a checkmark in front off “Access the internet with your phone’s data connection.

Step 11:
    Set up Bluetooth Mobile Phone Setup

I leave user name and password blank and select Sprint PCS Vision modem script.

Hope these steps work for you as well.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123