Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    I've uploaded a zip file of vocaro's web page, in case someone needs to carry a copy on their PowerBook. Download this file, and rename the extension to .ZIP and double-click to unarchive.
    After entering the pass code, the Mac Bluetooth Setup Assistant interminably displays "Gathering additional information about your mobile phone.".

I've tried re-installing BtManager.prc, soft resets and re-pairing numerous times, but always end up in this state.

Has anyone had problem and can tell me how to resolved it?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Well I'm almost there... but having some trouble.

"If pairing is successful, you should then see optional services that you can use with the Treo. If all of them are grayed out, then you did not install the hack correctly. Try resetting the Treo and installing it again, and make sure that DUN is enabled on the Treo's Bluetooth preferences before pairing with it."

The 3rd option that we need is grayed out.
    I am able to enable dial-up Networking in the Prefs > Bluetooth menu on the treo. And it is enabled when I have tried to pair. Also I have installed the hack again, reset the treo and tried pairing many times and the "use your phone as a modem" option is always gray. Any suggestions?

Here is one item that may be causing it. When I turn Dial-up Networking "On" in the bluetooth prefs it takes about 30 sec and I get this error:
    TransLibOpen err
    0x0305

Then I hit "OK" and then I get the standard "You can't use the internet on your phone when this is enabled" And it then says "Dial-up Networking On" So it appears to be enabled but it sounds like something isn't right.

Also when I turn dial-up networking off I get this similar error:
    TransLIbClose err
    0x5002

Thanks for your help guys
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hey guys.. I really need your help now. I am still having the above problem but ever since I tried installing the hack my bluetooth headset is all wacked! It doesn't auto connect and drops out mid call. I tried re-installing the headset with the same results.

Help

[edit: Soft reset and removal of the hack file fixed this issue.. still having trouble with the previous post and the DUN]
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    I've never done this; these unsanctioned hacks (though I'm sure are safe), scare me a bit-- I like having a minimal, functioning system. Let's hope Palm releases an official patch, so we can bug them about tech support.

Have you tried deleting pairing/re-pairing the PB and the 650 yet?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Well we're getting there.. after a number or resets, repairings, reinstalls of the hack I finally got it to work!!

Now when I first got it to work I was able to connect but only for about a minute.. they it would say something like "modem has unexpectedly disconnected" And my treo would freeze up and I'd have to soft reset. this happened a couple times and then I unplugged my bluetooth module to reset bluetooth and I got a connetion of about 7 min but then the same freeze issue. Any suggestions on this?

Otherwise this is pretty sweet! A lot easier than using wmodem with the cord and my old treo. This makes connecting on the road a snap!
    I have installed the BtManager.prc patch in the internal memory. When I go to start Bluetooth I get the following message:

"The application cannot be launched because it is missing localization information."

I have reinstalled twice and reset the Treo 650 twice.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

bjast
    You read my mind!

Thanks for putting this excellent resource out as a pdf file.

bjast
  9. rdn
    Thanks to Shadow and Vocaro. One more tip, for anyone who's having problems-- My Bluetooth Setup Assistant was hanging UNTIL I disabled Hotsync Manager (which was set over bluetooth). Once Hotsync was disabled in HotSync Manager, DUN worked fine.
    Folks, I've gotten DUN to work on my Cingular WAP phone. One note is to use "wap.cingular" as the phone number instead of the **99.... string.
    Is this working reliably for anyone (with Sprint)? I've gotten it to work before, but the amount of effort is tremendous. It normally envolves pairing and repairing and resetting my Treo a three of four times. Last time I tried I couldn't get it to work at all. After paring, I kept getting the "Access the internet via your phone's data connection" but I never got the radio button for GPRS/1XRTTT. I repaired like a dozen times but no dice.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NicholasX
    Is this working reliably for anyone (with Sprint)?
    Works fine for me. Sometimes I need to reset the Treo when I'm done, but that's all.
  13.    #33  
    Is this working reliably for anyone (with Sprint)? I've gotten it to work before, but the amount of effort is tremendous. It normally envolves pairing and repairing and resetting my Treo a three of four times. Last time I tried I couldn't get it to work at all. After paring, I kept getting the "Access the internet via your phone's data connection" but I never got the radio button for GPRS/1XRTTT. I repaired like a dozen times but no dice.
    It works quite reliably for me. I never have to re-pair. I think the trick is to turn the phone on and off (the phone, not the PDA) when turning DUN on and off.
    For those of you who get it to work reliably do you often (as in everytime you try) get the "TransLibOpen err 0x0307" or "0x740F" error? Also, are any of you running Chatter?
    Last edited by NicholasX; 03/15/2005 at 02:23 AM.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    For those of you who get it to work reliably do you often (as in everytime you try) get the "TransLibOpen err 0x0307" or "0x740F" error? Also, are any of you running Chatter?
    You need to make sure you're not connected to the Sprint data network when turning on DUN... or else you'll get an error every time.

Go to Preferences: Network and Disconnect first. Then go to Preferences: Bluetooth and enable DUN.

(I'm not running Chatter, but I'm pretty sure it maintains an "always-on" connection.)
    Does anyone also have a bluetooth headset? After getting DUN to work succesfully and being overjoyed, I discovered that my Motorola headset no longer works... does anyone else have this problem? I cannot get it to re-pair, I have tried resets, etc.
    Depends on your mailbox settings....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    (I'm not running Chatter, but I'm pretty sure it maintains an "always-on" connection.)
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Great - Thanks for this thread, but it was very painful...

I used to use wirelessmodem with great success on my 600. The 600 broke, insurance bought me a new 650, wirelessmodem no longer works on the new 650, read this thread, ran down to the store and bought a D-Link USB Adapter for my
    TI Powerbook, spent all day yesterday and part of today trying to get it to work. Then without warning... Success!!

I too was getting the "TransLibOpen err 0x0307" error and could not get the pairing to give me the DUN option. After hours of redoing it over and over again, the phone reset itself this morning right after I moved the btmanager file to internal memory. Looked like a system reset. Suddenly I no longer got the TransLibOpen error and things just started working.

Thanks Again.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by bobjacobsen
    First, thanks for people's efforts to get this working.

So far, I've been unable to connect via Cingular using a Treo 650 and a Powerbook G4. The error in the PPP log seems to be "LCP terminated by peer", followed by "Connection Terminated".

I'm using the "Generic GPRS CID1" modem script from
    <http://www.taniwha.org.ul>
    That's not what's recommended in Trevor Harmon's great instructions, but I don't have the modem generator program he recommends.

Is there some other script that people have succeeded with?

Thanks in advance.
    I did a generic one with the Generic Script Generator. Here's the URL

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/17633

If you need the modem script I can email it to you directly.
    Quote Originally Posted by longbeard
    I did a generic one with the Generic Script Generator. Here's the URL

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/17633

If you need the modem script I can email it to you directly.
    I've followed this thread and others related to this issue and was able to make it work once for a few minutes until the modem disconnected. Unable to establish a link since. Have used the generic modem as well as one generated with this program for Cingular neither works. Am at a loss what the cause is, especially now that it worked once. Frustrating indeed in this day and age of seemingly ubiquitous wireless connectivity.....!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast