1.    #1  
    Ok, I got it to work, but the music stops occasionally while buffering. Do I just need to listen to lower streams, or is there a way around this?

My main problem, however is that the music just keeps on playing, no matter what I do. I had to remove the battery to stop it. Am I missing something fundamental here or is there a way to end the stream when you're done listening?

Lastly, I understand some Sprint customers can do this and some get charged out the nose for it. How can I check that I will not be paying out the **** for this?
    Last edited by GADzilla; 11/28/2004 at 05:48 PM. Reason: typos
    Gregg G. - New Orleans, LA
    Treo 700p on Sprint
    The last part of your question relates to the whole "unlimited vision" topic. Technically, Sprint offers "unlimited" vision, i.e. you can use as much data as you want. The problem is it really isn't "unlimited." You can stream music, etc, but if your useage is very high (streaming all the time) Sprint may warn you and if it continues, will revoke your Vision. It's all part of a delicate useage balance Sprint forces us to follow because they won't clearly explain their data policy.

Sprint does, however, support MobiTV on their network. I don't see what's different about watching MobiTV all the time (huge data transfer) and streaming music. Sprint must see some $$ from MobiTV. In essence, if you subscribe to MoviTV, you should be able to tether your computer for internet access, stream tunes, etc. as much as you want. If Sprint questions your high data, just say you were watching MobiTV, as you have every right to do so.

Anyhow, the data topic is heavily discussed on the web. Unfortunately, it isn't heavily clarfied by Sprint. Every time I stream a station with Pocked Tunes, I'm constantly worried about how the excessive data will look to Sprint. If I lose my Vision, I might as well get a cheap-o phone with no internet. It's total BS because Vision access is supposed to be unlimited, like it's advertised. Well, it really aint, and that pisses me off.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    If I lose my Vision, I might as well get a cheap-o phone with no internet.
    Precisely. I won't be streaming often. Mostly just a gimmicky thing to show friends. hehehe

But as long as they warn first that works for me.
    Treo 700p on Sprint
  4.    #4  
    Bah. They moved me to a mostly unread forum. nice.

So I assume I have to swap to lower bitrates, but I still get the 128's when I ask for the 56k page.

Anyone got a link i can use to sort by the bitrates that will best fit the T650 on sprint?
    Treo 700p on Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick

Sprint does, however, support MobiTV on their network. I don't see what's different about watching MobiTV all the time (huge data transfer) and streaming music. Sprint must see some $$ from MobiTV. In essence, if you subscribe to MoviTV, you should be able to tether your computer for internet access, stream tunes, etc. as much as you want. If Sprint questions your high data, just say you were watching MobiTV, as you have every right to do so.
    speaking of mobitv, i poked around sprint's site, and it seems that the T650 (and the t600 for that matter) can't do mobitv, i guess there's an app that needs to be downloaded to the phone.

i'd be curious when that sucker will be available to us. not that i plan on watching a lot of tv, but to be able to occasionally tune in to grab some breaking news, it would be awesome.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by GADzilla
    Ok, I got it to work, but the music stops occasionally while buffering. Do I just need to listen to lower streams, or is there a way around this?

My main problem, however is that the music just keeps on playing, no matter what I do. I had to remove the battery to stop it. Am I missing something fundamental here or is there a way to end the stream when you're done listening?
    You need to listen to lower streams. That should do the trick.

As to the music still playing, I have no idea. I do not have that problem on the 600. There is a pocket tunes group on yahoo, and that's worth joining.

Clue
    Go to treobits.com on your treo browser. It's a treo enhanced webpage that has a sub-listing of all the treo-optimized shoutcast stations. All you do is click on one of the links, click open, and pocket tunes starts to play it, straightaway. It's as easy as that.

Cheers,
    Brady
    To stop the music from playing, you need to open Pocket Tunes, and press "Stop". Go figure
    (well..at least that's how it works for me...)