Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My 650 arrives this Friday!! I'm so excited! I've been reading every post on this board to get ready, and then the memory issue came up, and I got very scared. So, I started reading about everyone's various issues, and the programs they were running. I kept coming across Agendus. I've heard it mentioned before, but I never really paid it much attention. I knew it was a contact manager, but that was about it. So, I decided to investigate to see if programs I'm running are going to cause any similar problems. Well, now I want it! It sounds like an AMAZING app, and I really, really, want it, but not if it's going to kill my memory. Therefore, a few questions.
    1. Is anyone currently using Agendus Pro on their 650 with ZERO problems? If so, what version.
    2. The program sounds like it may be a little buggy on the 650. Is this the case, and if so, is Iambic doing anything about it?
    3. Can I use Snappermail as the email client through Agendus, and still take advantage of the program's built in contact history and email access? In other words, can Snappermail be Agendus' email program rather than Agendus mail?
    Thanks in advance for all the information I'm sure I'll get.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  2.    #2  
    Then there's also Beyond Contacts. I meant to add that one in there. I would post all this in the software forum, but I specifically looking for information, not just on how well the programs work (although that will be welcome to), but how well they work on the 650. Thanks.
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    My 650 arrives this Friday!! I'm so excited! I've been reading every post on this board to get ready, and then the memory issue came up, and I got very scared. So, I started reading about everyone's various issues, and the programs they were running. I kept coming across Agendus. I've heard it mentioned before, but I never really paid it much attention. I knew it was a contact manager, but that was about it. So, I decided to investigate to see if programs I'm running are going to cause any similar problems. Well, now I want it! It sounds like an AMAZING app, and I really, really, want it, but not if it's going to kill my memory. Therefore, a few questions.
    1. Is anyone currently using Agendus Pro on their 650 with ZERO problems? If so, what version.
    2. The program sounds like it may be a little buggy on the 650. Is this the case, and if so, is Iambic doing anything about it?
    3. Can I use Snappermail as the email client through Agendus, and still take advantage of the program's built in contact history and email access? In other words, can Snappermail be Agendus' email program rather than Agendus mail?
    Agendus is a fabulous app.

They will fix any bugs that pop up....it was that way with the 600, I expect the same with the 650.

They are pretty fast on bug fixes; their suppor forums are pretty good. They will fix any issues.

I would highly recommend it. I've bought a lot of Palm software, and this is the one, more than any other, was worth it.

Re: Snappermail, I use it instead of the mail client in Agendus pro. Works fine. (Yes, you can config Agendus to use Snapper for email instead of the built in client.)

Since Agendus rides on top of the normal contact app, you are always using the same contacts, regardless if you are in Agendus or Snappermail.
    Agendus Pro (even with the v. 9 beta) has been a MAJOR problem on my 650. I had to do a hard reset and uninstall it.
  5.    #5  
    Okay. So a very encouraging post, and a not so encouraging post. I figured they would be on top of getting it to work with the "Smartest" smartphone on the market. The jury's still out though. Tazzo, did you do a fresh start with your 650 (as I plan to), or did you sync Agendus over with the rest of your stuff from whatever PDA you were using before? Just curious.
    It'll be fun.
  6.    #6  
    Oh, one other thing. Tazzo says it didn't work on the 650. I couldn't tell if MikeC is already using Agendus on his 650, or if he just beieves that Iambic will make it work on the 650. I'd like to know. I'd also like to reiterate that I would really appreciate hearing from ANYONE using Agendus Pro on their 650 successfully. Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
    It'll be fun.
    Hi Dr. Doom -

How are things in Latveria? (Anybody get that?)

I used Agendus on the 600, and it worked fine - though it was a little too complicated for my needs.

When my 650 came a week ago, I looked through the posts to see if it was compatible, and recall there was one saying that we'd need to wait for version 9. This indicated to me that there were some problems, and to hold off installation. However, I was also led to believe that Iambic was working on it and the version 9 release would be soon. I wound up buying Datebook 5, which is fine for me as my main interest is a weekly view calendar.

I wish I could recall where I read this - I suspect it was here on TreoCentral. I didn't bookmark it, however, so you'll have to take my word for it!

I took a quick peek at Iambic's support forum and couldn't find anything - maybe you'd want to register and pop the question over there? The address is http://support.iambic.com/ .

Cheers!
    LZ.
    That's me in the photo - you can check out my kung fu school at http://www.kungfuschool.org
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    You can try their v9 beta free for 30 days and see if it fits your needs. I have the 600(come on GSM!!) and love Agendus. I would bet the farm that Iambic will have any bugs worked out for the 650.
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
  9.    #9  
    Cold and dank, LZ, cold and dank.
    Anyway, I did pop that question over there, but so far, no one has answered. In fact, the Iambic Forums freaked me out a little bit. What's with the "DrDoom is on a distinguished road" crap? And junior member, senior member, supreme being member. And "add to DrDoom's reputation"? I'll add to my own damn reputation just fine, thank you. Just a little serious for a Palm app forum. Still, I did ask. Hopefully someone will answer someday. Things over here are usually so much simpler, not to mention I want very Treo-cific answers. And this post doesn't bode well either. Is there NO ONE sucessfully using Agendus Pro on their 650? Maybe I need to point this out to someone over at Iambic!
    It'll be fun.
    DrDoom, do yourself a favor before you buy Agendus, which by the way I used way back when it was called ActNames I believe, try TakePHone!! Shimon is bar far the most responsive software author I have every seen or heard from. The program has enormous possibilities and is totally 5 way controllable, or was until the 650 (which will be fixed).

The real beauty of this board and our software selections, is that you can hear different opinions and TRY out the software before you pay for it.

Good Luck
    I have r
    I have run version 8.05 on both the 600 and 650 without incident.
    but as you can see, the Blazer disco issue still exists :-)
    Eh...What's up Doc?

I have been using Agendus on my 650 for about two weeks and it works great for me. Zero reset problems. I love that it uses the built in contacts database. This way I can use Treo Voice Dial and my email program for all my clients as well as family and friends.

I used to use Top Producer, a real estate specific PIM, but it won't work on the 650. I had to maintain it's own database ( 1.5MB) and it would not work with BackupMan. I guess due to the fact that Top Producer is absolutely anal about anti-piracy. The fact I couldn't restore it from a back up card really was the last straw for me wth TP.

I use to use Snapper but I find that Versamail works fine for me. Shame since I just broke down and purchased the Premier Snapper. I just installed AgendusMail and will have to let you know about that. I have about 600 contacts and it all works great.

I'll keep using Agendus till the end of the trial period but I already know that unless it goofs up somehow I will purchase it. I love the Treo Voice Dial and I will purchase that too.

On a side note, I can't believe that Docs2Go came FREE with the 650. I just paid for the thing for my 600 about two months ago. Oh well.

Hope any of this helps!
    I'm running version 8.06 on my T650 now upgrading from version 8.04 on the T600...

I concur with all who have sung the praises of this app... far and away worth the money. It marries the calendar, to do, & contact apps like nothing else available.

I am currently having an issue with deleting an appt or a contact... whenver that action is taken, a soft reset is required... it is a bit of a pain... you can just go into the regular calendar or contact app to complete the deletion, so there is a way around it...

but it needs to be fixed IMMEDIATELY... i too, have emailed iambic about it... no response yet...
    Okay. So a very encouraging post, and a not so encouraging post. I figured they would be on top of getting it to work with the "Smartest" smartphone on the market. The jury's still out though. Tazzo, did you do a fresh start with your 650 (as I plan to), or did you sync Agendus over with the rest of your stuff from whatever PDA you were using before? Just curious.
    Good question. I installed each application individually, including my previous .dat files. Agendus became progressively unstable with use. Very frustrating. I have been a long time user of iambic software, and recently switched from SnapperMail to to the new Agendus Mail program

Iambic needs to do a lot of work.
    Cold and dank, LZ, cold and dank.
    Anyway, I did pop that question over there, but so far, no one has answered. In fact, the Iambic Forums freaked me out a little bit. What's with the "DrDoom is on a distinguished road" crap? And junior member, senior member, supreme being member. And "add to DrDoom's reputation"? I'll add to my own damn reputation just fine, thank you. Just a little serious for a Palm app forum. Still, I did ask. Hopefully someone will answer someday. Things over here are usually so much simpler, not to mention I want very Treo-cific answers. And this post doesn't bode well either. Is there NO ONE sucessfully using Agendus Pro on their 650? Maybe I need to point this out to someone over at Iambic!
    I read all the posts here since mine, and it still seems like a mixed bag, doesn't it? Hopefully somebody over there will reply - or if the author is as responsive as he's reputed to be, perhaps he'll respond.

Of course, you could damn the torpedoes and just try it. They probably have a "trial" version to experiment with...

Cheers!
    LZ.
    Last edited by LZMutant; 11/28/2004 at 08:42 PM.
    That's me in the photo - you can check out my kung fu school at http://www.kungfuschool.org
    The iambic forums are very nice and helpful, and I would hardly call them creepy. TC is much worse (mainly because there is no product sold).

Agendus 8.x is solid all the way around on the 650. Period, done, finito. There is no ambiguity in this. Please stop the FUD.

The 9x beta works well, with a couple annoyances that will be fixed (I will buy anyone in this thread, up to now, a 650 if Iambic doesn't fix it - that is how sure I am).

if you buy 8 not, you get a free upgrade to 9, so you are covered.
    Hey, Mike -

I edited my comment - I was just being facetious. Didn't mean any offense -

Cheers!
    LZ
  20.    #20  
    Well, that got informative. I don't know, LZ. It seems like most people love their Agendus. I'm pretty sure I'll buy it, but I'm gonna try it first. Oh, send me a private message and let me know what you said that set off MikeC, I missed it.
    It'll be fun.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast